Alain St. Ange resigns as Minister of Tourism and Culture for Seychelles
The Minister of Tourism and Culture for the Seychelles, Alain St. Ange, has stepped down from his role after four years in the post. Mr St. Ange is said to be applying for the role of secretary general of the World Tourism Organisation, and elections will start this year. Maurice Loustau-Lalanne has been appointed as the minister of tourism, civil aviation, ports and marine for the Seychelles.
Following four years in the role of Minister of Tourism and Culture for the Seychelles, Alain St. Ange has stepped down from his post. He is expected to apply for the role of secretary general of the World Tourism Organisation which is coming up later this year.
“I was able to serve my country and the people of Seychelles in a way that made a positive difference in the lives of so many people,”
“I know that I have worked tirelessly for the tourism industry and the results speak for themselves.”
wrote Mr St. Ange in his resignation letter.
Mr St. Ange has been replaced by Maurice Loustau-Lalanne, who was sworn in by Danny Faure, the President of the island nation.
Mr Loustau-Lalanne is now the new minister of tourism, civil aviation, ports and marine for the Seychelles.
Mr Loustau-Lalanne was the former chairman of Air Seychelles, and Chief Executive of the Seychelles Tourist Board in 2008. He is expected to bring a wealth of knowledge, expertise and experience in the Seychelles to the new post.
In September this year, Dr. Taleb Rifai will step down as the current Secretary General of UNWTO. Elections for the new role will begin this year, with Mr St. Ange expected to be in the running and regarded as a strong candidate for the position.
Mr St. Ange first joined the Government of the Seychelles in 2009 when he was appointed as the Director of Marketing at the Seychelles Tourism Board. He was promoted to the CEO of the Tourism Board in 2010, and in 2012 he became the Minister of Tourism and Culture.
The Seychelles is an island nation located in the Indian Ocean, approximately 900 miles east of mainland Africa. The island nation spans an archipelago of 115 islands which feature verdant green mountains, huge granite boulders, pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and a tropical climate.
In 2015, the Seychelles recorded a 19 per cent increase in visitor arrivals, and these numbers are expected to have risen even further during 2016.The increase in tourists has been helped by the addition of new air services operating to the island nation; a development that Mr. St Ange played a key part in.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Treat yourself to a luxury break in the Seychelles combined with an exciting stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of the close proximity to all the local attractions in Dubai
- Discover a wide range of exquisite dining options in the Seychelles
- Practice yoga in the natural surroundings of Silhouette Island
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Discover a Kruger adventure in South Africa ahead of a relaxing treat in the Seychelles
- Drift away with a combination of Oriental traditions and modern skincare at the Duniye Spa
- Visit Centre for Endangered Species allowing visitors the opportunity to view and interact with a variety of animals
- Enjoy the thrills of river rafting, tubing, abseiling, zipline, aerial cable trail and quad biking
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...