The Residence Maldives launches new "Maldives After Dark" Experiences
The Residence Maldives resort on the island of Falhumaafushi in the Gaafu Alifu atoll has launched new "Maldives After Dark" stays, where guests can enjoy a range of activities at night. These include snorkelling and scuba diving along coral reefs at night with biofluorescence lights, tranquil full moon yoga classes, and sunset stand-up paddle boarding excursions.
The Residence Maldives has launched a range of unique after dark experiences for guests to enjoy during their stay. The hotel’s ‘Maldives After Dark’ stays include activities such as Moon Yoga, snorkelling with biofluorescence torches, and sunset paddle boarding.
The luxury island resort sits on the island of Falhumaafushi in the Gaafu Alifu atoll in the Maldives, and guests are invited to explore the beauty of the isle when the sun goes down. The resort has 94 beachfront and overwater villas, and it is a hotspot for diving and water sports.
Full Moon Yoga
Holidaymakers can rest their mind, body and soul with tranquil yoga classes under the glow of the full moon and twinkling stars. Qualified instructors are on hand to help guests unwind through a series of yoga poses that are accessible for all abilities.
Night Diving and Snorkelling
The waters surrounding the island are thriving with marine life, and guests can get a new perspective on the underwater world through snorkelling and diving activities at night. Guests can see vibrant corals come alive after dark, or experience the magnificent sight of phosphorescent plankton which lights up the ocean in bright blue or white as they swim by. Night divers will use special torches with UV light to witness the nocturnal behaviours of marine creatures, or they can try FLUO diving or snorkelling, to see the beautiful fluorescent colours of the corals.
Sunset Paddle Boarding
There’s no better way to watch the sun go down than out on the water in a soothing stand up paddle session. The SUP guided tour is a great way to unwind and watch the colourful marine life of the Indian Ocean appear at sunset, such as phosphorescent plankton which illuminates the water as it swims.
The luxury island retreat provides the perfect escape for romance, families of friends. The villas are made from natural materials and have thatched roofs, as well as French windows, wall art, 360-degree views of the ocean. Some of the villas have private pools, while others have direct access into the turquoise lagoon. Modern in-villa amenities include air conditioning, iPod docking stations, flat-screen TVs, Nespresso machines, wireless internet, bathrobes and slippers, and 24-hour in-room dining.
Facilities at the Residence Maldives include the first and only Spa by Clarins in the Maldives, with six pavilions, an en-suite hair salon, and an ocean-facing open deck for meditation and yoga classes, There are gourmet restaurants, such as the beachfront Dining Room, the overwater Falhumaa, and the tranquil Beach Bar where guests can savour delicious, fresh food and enjoy drinks overlooking the ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
All villas are surrounded by palm trees or on stilts over the lagoon, making for a memorable stay.
- Free Upgarde from Half Board to All Inclusive! Book Now!
- Set on the tropical island of Dhuni Kolhu surrounded by warm waters of the Indian Ocean, and located only 30 minutes by sea plane from Male International Airport.
- Witness schools of dolphins playing in the azure waters or try fishing in the traditional Maldivian way while enjoying breath-taking sunset
- Find a state of relaxation with a variety of different treatments and massages created to indulge personal desires for well-being
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Eriyadu Island is located in the far North Western edge of North Male Atoll, the island is the perfect tropical escape...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...