W Goa Hotel marks Starwood's W Hotels debut in India
W Hotels, the luxury brand under the Starwood umbrella, has launched its first hotel in India. The beachfront W Goa resort overlooks the India Ocean and comes equipped with a luxury spa, fitness centre kids’ club and business centre. The hotel is the first of three W hotels scheduled to be launched in India in the coming years.
Starwood’s luxury hotel brand W Hotels has made its debut in India with the W Goa beach resort on Vagator Beach. The beachfront luxury resort is ideally located 27 km from the Dabolim Airport and near to Chapora Fort. Notably, the launch of this new hotel in Goa marks the first of three W hotels planned for India with another two to be launched in Gurgaon in 2018 and Mumbai in 2019.
Spread across 10 hectares of land, the W Goa resort offers its guests a wide selection of room options with a mix of 160 rooms, suites, chalets and villas. After a gruelling workout in the on site fitness centre, guests can enjoy a relaxing visit to the spa or lounge by the outdoor swimming pool. Also featuring a kids’ club, a business centre and a four restaurants and bars including the pan- Asian Spice Traders restaurant and the beachfront Woo Bar and Rock Pool, the W Goa ensures that all its guests’ are catered for.
The launch of the W Goa resort comes at a time of uncertainty for Goa’s tourism industry with conflicting reports on the impact of the Indian government’s unexpected move to demonetise 500 and 1000 rupee notes on the tourism sector. The decision, taken in November, is said to have left travellers scrambling to change their cash into other denominations before ATMs and banks ran out of cash and since November, there have been reports that travellers have been hesitant to book holidays to India.
A recent report indicated that while in previous year’s beach parties ahead of the New Year celebrations have attracted large crowds of holidaymakers, this year the festive season has been more subdued. Ralf D’Souza, a hotelier and the former president of Tours and Travel Association Goa (TTAG) stated:
“the New Year parties used to begin from December 28 would last till January one wee hours. But this year the season is low. At least in North Goa the parties are not happening except for a few places”
Fewer visitors have resulted in a hoteliers being forced to slash tariffs with two star, one star and guest houses bearing the brunt of the negative impact according to D’Souza. Dilip Parulekar, Goa’s Minister of Tourism, has however, ruled out the concerns about the impact of demonetisation on tourism stating that Goa is
“heading towards a fruitful tourism season”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Enjoy a once in a lifetime Golden Triangle and Beyond India tour visiting various famous monuments along the way
Let India's incredible wonders fascinate and excite you on this wonderful India Tour where you can view many of the country's spectacular sights
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a guided village walk through the local farms and trails where you can interact and learn about the cattle's, crops & lives of the villagers
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...
Discover the Portuguese charm of Goa while you enjoy a relaxing 8-day stay at the Cidade de Goa hotel in India where bed...