Renaissance Cancun hotel to be operate by Marriott in Puerto Cancun
Marriott International is adding another hotel to its Caribbean portfolio, with a new-build hotel in Puerto Cancun in Mexico. The Renaissance Cancun will be built in partnership with Grupo Diestra between the Hotel Zone in Cancun and downtown Cancun, and it will have 180 guest rooms and suites, an 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-golf course, a marina, cinemas, restaurants, shops, and a 270-acre ecological reserve.
Marriott International will open a new hotel in Cancun, after announcing a partnership with Grupo Diestra. The new-build hotel will be located in Puerto Cancun, between the Hotel Zone and downtown in Cancun.
The Renaissance Cancun will have 180 guest rooms and suites, and it will sit on the 800-acre Puerto Cancún development that will include a 270-acre ecological reserve. Hotel guests will also have access to an 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-designed golf course, a marina with 200 berths, several restaurants, 115 shops and boutiques, and cinemas.
Arne Sorenson, the President and CEO of Marriott International, commented:
“We are very excited to continue growing our reach in Latin America with brands as diverse as Renaissance, AC Hotels by Marriott, Westin and Aloft,”
“These new projects are driven by a solid increase in the demand for business and leisure travel to this dynamic part of the world. They also reaffirm our commitment to delivering high-quality hotel development projects and maintaining investor confidence in our innovative brands.”
The project is one of four new Marriott hotels planned for Mexico. The new properties include the new Renaissance Cancun, a new Westin-branded hotel in Puebla; a new Aloft-branded property in Puebla, and a new AC Hotel in Monterrey.
The Puerto Cancun development is located in the state of Quintana Roo, north of the Cancun. The mixed-use complex will be home to other hotels, condominiums, a shopping mall, time shares, several retail businesses, and residential units. There will also be a club house with a spa, family leisure areas and playgrounds, adult and children’s pools, and access to a beautiful pristine beach.
Marriott International operates a number of hotels in Cancun, such as the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa and CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort. The hotel group operates more than 3,600 hotels and resorts across around 70 countries throughout Europe, America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. The company’s brands including Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Ritz-Carlton, BULGARI Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Hotels & Resorts, and Edition Hotels.
Cancun is Mexico’s leading tourist destination, and in 2015, the region recorded more than five million international visitors. This year, the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) expects even more visitors who are flocking to the area to relax on white sand beaches, swim in the turquoise sea and lagoons, and visit the ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...