Renaissance Cancun hotel to be operate by Marriott in Puerto Cancun
Marriott International is adding another hotel to its Caribbean portfolio, with a new-build hotel in Puerto Cancun in Mexico. The Renaissance Cancun will be built in partnership with Grupo Diestra between the Hotel Zone in Cancun and downtown Cancun, and it will have 180 guest rooms and suites, an 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-golf course, a marina, cinemas, restaurants, shops, and a 270-acre ecological reserve.
Marriott International will open a new hotel in Cancun, after announcing a partnership with Grupo Diestra. The new-build hotel will be located in Puerto Cancun, between the Hotel Zone and downtown in Cancun.
The Renaissance Cancun will have 180 guest rooms and suites, and it will sit on the 800-acre Puerto Cancún development that will include a 270-acre ecological reserve. Hotel guests will also have access to an 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-designed golf course, a marina with 200 berths, several restaurants, 115 shops and boutiques, and cinemas.
Arne Sorenson, the President and CEO of Marriott International, commented:
“We are very excited to continue growing our reach in Latin America with brands as diverse as Renaissance, AC Hotels by Marriott, Westin and Aloft,”
“These new projects are driven by a solid increase in the demand for business and leisure travel to this dynamic part of the world. They also reaffirm our commitment to delivering high-quality hotel development projects and maintaining investor confidence in our innovative brands.”
The project is one of four new Marriott hotels planned for Mexico. The new properties include the new Renaissance Cancun, a new Westin-branded hotel in Puebla; a new Aloft-branded property in Puebla, and a new AC Hotel in Monterrey.
The Puerto Cancun development is located in the state of Quintana Roo, north of the Cancun. The mixed-use complex will be home to other hotels, condominiums, a shopping mall, time shares, several retail businesses, and residential units. There will also be a club house with a spa, family leisure areas and playgrounds, adult and children’s pools, and access to a beautiful pristine beach.
Marriott International operates a number of hotels in Cancun, such as the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa and CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort. The hotel group operates more than 3,600 hotels and resorts across around 70 countries throughout Europe, America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. The company’s brands including Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Ritz-Carlton, BULGARI Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Hotels & Resorts, and Edition Hotels.
Cancun is Mexico’s leading tourist destination, and in 2015, the region recorded more than five million international visitors. This year, the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) expects even more visitors who are flocking to the area to relax on white sand beaches, swim in the turquoise sea and lagoons, and visit the ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Krysal Ixtapa has a fantastic location on one of the best beaches in Ixtapa's hotel district. Enjoy a stay at this sunny...