Renaissance Cancun hotel to be operate by Marriott in Puerto Cancun
Marriott International is adding another hotel to its Caribbean portfolio, with a new-build hotel in Puerto Cancun in Mexico. The Renaissance Cancun will be built in partnership with Grupo Diestra between the Hotel Zone in Cancun and downtown Cancun, and it will have 180 guest rooms and suites, an 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-golf course, a marina, cinemas, restaurants, shops, and a 270-acre ecological reserve.
Marriott International will open a new hotel in Cancun, after announcing a partnership with Grupo Diestra. The new-build hotel will be located in Puerto Cancun, between the Hotel Zone and downtown in Cancun.
The Renaissance Cancun will have 180 guest rooms and suites, and it will sit on the 800-acre Puerto Cancún development that will include a 270-acre ecological reserve. Hotel guests will also have access to an 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-designed golf course, a marina with 200 berths, several restaurants, 115 shops and boutiques, and cinemas.
Arne Sorenson, the President and CEO of Marriott International, commented:
“We are very excited to continue growing our reach in Latin America with brands as diverse as Renaissance, AC Hotels by Marriott, Westin and Aloft,”
“These new projects are driven by a solid increase in the demand for business and leisure travel to this dynamic part of the world. They also reaffirm our commitment to delivering high-quality hotel development projects and maintaining investor confidence in our innovative brands.”
The project is one of four new Marriott hotels planned for Mexico. The new properties include the new Renaissance Cancun, a new Westin-branded hotel in Puebla; a new Aloft-branded property in Puebla, and a new AC Hotel in Monterrey.
The Puerto Cancun development is located in the state of Quintana Roo, north of the Cancun. The mixed-use complex will be home to other hotels, condominiums, a shopping mall, time shares, several retail businesses, and residential units. There will also be a club house with a spa, family leisure areas and playgrounds, adult and children’s pools, and access to a beautiful pristine beach.
Marriott International operates a number of hotels in Cancun, such as the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa and CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort. The hotel group operates more than 3,600 hotels and resorts across around 70 countries throughout Europe, America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. The company’s brands including Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Ritz-Carlton, BULGARI Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Hotels & Resorts, and Edition Hotels.
Cancun is Mexico’s leading tourist destination, and in 2015, the region recorded more than five million international visitors. This year, the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) expects even more visitors who are flocking to the area to relax on white sand beaches, swim in the turquoise sea and lagoons, and visit the ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...