Renaissance Cancun hotel to be operate by Marriott in Puerto Cancun
Marriott International is adding another hotel to its Caribbean portfolio, with a new-build hotel in Puerto Cancun in Mexico. The Renaissance Cancun will be built in partnership with Grupo Diestra between the Hotel Zone in Cancun and downtown Cancun, and it will have 180 guest rooms and suites, an 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-golf course, a marina, cinemas, restaurants, shops, and a 270-acre ecological reserve.
Marriott International will open a new hotel in Cancun, after announcing a partnership with Grupo Diestra. The new-build hotel will be located in Puerto Cancun, between the Hotel Zone and downtown in Cancun.
The Renaissance Cancun will have 180 guest rooms and suites, and it will sit on the 800-acre Puerto Cancún development that will include a 270-acre ecological reserve. Hotel guests will also have access to an 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-designed golf course, a marina with 200 berths, several restaurants, 115 shops and boutiques, and cinemas.
Arne Sorenson, the President and CEO of Marriott International, commented:
“We are very excited to continue growing our reach in Latin America with brands as diverse as Renaissance, AC Hotels by Marriott, Westin and Aloft,”
“These new projects are driven by a solid increase in the demand for business and leisure travel to this dynamic part of the world. They also reaffirm our commitment to delivering high-quality hotel development projects and maintaining investor confidence in our innovative brands.”
The project is one of four new Marriott hotels planned for Mexico. The new properties include the new Renaissance Cancun, a new Westin-branded hotel in Puebla; a new Aloft-branded property in Puebla, and a new AC Hotel in Monterrey.
The Puerto Cancun development is located in the state of Quintana Roo, north of the Cancun. The mixed-use complex will be home to other hotels, condominiums, a shopping mall, time shares, several retail businesses, and residential units. There will also be a club house with a spa, family leisure areas and playgrounds, adult and children’s pools, and access to a beautiful pristine beach.
Marriott International operates a number of hotels in Cancun, such as the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa and CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort. The hotel group operates more than 3,600 hotels and resorts across around 70 countries throughout Europe, America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. The company’s brands including Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Ritz-Carlton, BULGARI Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Hotels & Resorts, and Edition Hotels.
Cancun is Mexico’s leading tourist destination, and in 2015, the region recorded more than five million international visitors. This year, the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) expects even more visitors who are flocking to the area to relax on white sand beaches, swim in the turquoise sea and lagoons, and visit the ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...