Survivor and Cheap Trick join 2017 musical line-up at Moon Palace resorts in Jamaica and Cancun
Palace Resorts has announced two Grammy Award-winning musical acts are lined up for 2017 at Moon Palace Jamaica Grande and Moon Palace Cancun. The rock band Survivor will play at the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande on 25th February, and Cheap Trick will perform at sister property Moon Palace Cancun on 17th and 18th March. The Cranberries are also scheduled to perform in February at Moon Palace Cancun.
Palace Resorts has added two Grammy Award-winning acts to its star-studded musical line-up next year at the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande and Moon Palace Cancun resorts. The American rock bands Cheap Trick and Survivor will perform guests in February and March.
The AAA Four Diamond Moon Palace Jamaica Grande will host a performance from Survivor on 25th February, 2017. At the sister property Moon Palace Cancun, rock band Cheap Trick will play two concerts on 17th and 18th March, 2017.
Gibran Chapur, the Executive Vice President of Palace Resorts, stated:
“After receiving tremendous feedback for hosting an eclectic array of talent including Shaggy, Omi and MAGIC! at our newest property, we’re eager to continue bringing diverse and universally acclaimed entertainment to Moon Palace Jamaica Grande in 2017,”
“By adding Survivor and Cheap Trick to our 2017 line-up, Palace Resorts continues to set the standard in unmatched vacation experiences that includes unparalleled service and amenities complemented by world-class entertainment.”
Survivor is a popular rock band who are famous for their “Eye of The Tiger” song that was snapped up by Sylvester Stallone for the theme tune for the film “Rocky III” in 1982. The song went on to a win a Grammy and a People’s Choice award, and it spent seven weeks as number one in the U.S charts.
Cheap Trick is an energetic band that has been in the rock music industry for more than five decades. The band’s hits include “I Want You to Want Me,” “Surrender,” “Dream Police” and the global number-one single, “The Flame”.
Guests who book a minimum of five nights at Moon Palace Jamaica Grande will receive two complimentary tickets in the Gold section to the concert as part of the resort’s all-inclusive concept. Additional tickets range from $45-$100 in the Gold to the VIP sections.
The Survivor show will take place in the Grand Ballroom at Moon Palace Jamaica Grande, and guests can enjoy a top-shelf open bar. VIP ticket holders will have access to a private bar, lounge area and snacks.
The Cheap Trick dinner shows will take place in the Moon Palace Arena, a convention centre that boast 140,000 square feet of space. Guests can enjoy dinner from 7pm on both nights, and at 9pm, the band will perform.
Guests to the Cheap Trick performances will have the chance to stay at the brand new Grand at Moon Palace Cancun, which is due to open its doors in February, 2017. The resort is currently undergoing a $450 million refurbishment programme, and it will offer luxurious accommodation, 16 new restaurants, a stylish bowling alley, and seven huge outdoor swimming pools. There will also be a 76,000-square-foot full-service spa, a large waterpark for children, and 130,000-square-feet of meeting and event space.
Prior to the Cheap Trick performances, Moon Palace Cancun will host three nights of music from the Irish band, The Cranberries, on 10th, 11th, and 12th February. The band was known for its haunting vocals and global hits including “Linger” and “Zombie”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...