Maniumpathy hotel in Colombo added to Sri Lanka Collection
The Sri Lanka Collection has added a new boutique hotel to its portfolio in Sri Lanka with the launch of Maniumpathy. The eight-room hotel is located in the heart of Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka, and it has a swimming pool, a restaurant, a garden courtyard. Situated on the edge of Cinnamon Gardens, the hotel is within walking distance of the city’s popular attractions.
The Sri Lanka Collection has announced a new addition to its expanding portfolio. Maniumpathy is an eight-room boutique hotel in the heart of Colombo, located on the edge of the prestigious Cinnamon Gardens district.
The hotel’s uniquely decorated spacious guest rooms are each named after family matriarchs, and feature unusual artefacts, framed family photographs, and aged Ceylonese prints. There are lavish four-poster beds, bathtubs, powerful showers, balconies, and modern amenities including flat-screen TVs and personalised butler service.
Tim Jacobson, the owner of Manor House Concepts, stated:
“With hotels in the south, Tea Country and historic city of Kandy, Manor House Concepts is very excited to launch Maniumpathy, our first beautiful city hotel, which we believe will be a key asset in The Sri Lanka Collection’s portfolio. The hotel will accommodate a rising demand for travellers looking to enjoy the many varied attractions of Colombo as they include Sri Lanka’s vibrant capital in their itineraries.”
Maniumpathy is managed by Manor House Concepts and is a sister hotel to The Kandy House and Taylors Hill near Kandy, and The Last House near Tangalle. Each of the hotels is set in a historic building, and Maniumpathy’s building was built in 1905 for a doctor from Jaffna. It was a family home for years, before it was converted into a hotel in 2015.
Facilities at the luxury hotel include a swimming pool surrounded by lush gardens and sun loungers, a lounge area with leather sofas, and a garden courtyard for tranquil outside dining. Guests can dine at The Nandi terrace restaurant, or The Grand Ebony Room where traditional Jaffna dishes and international cuisine is served beneath beautiful chandeliers.
In the Cinnamon Gardens area of the city, holidaymakers can enjoy close proximity to gourmet restaurants, art galleries, chic boutiques and cafes, while nearby shopping centres include the Odel department store, House of Fashions, Independence Arcade and the Race Course Arcade. Further into the city, tourists can visit attractions such as the Independence Square, Gangarama temple, Victoria Park, and the National Museum.
The Sri Lanka Collection is a UK-based marketing company that represents 12 small boutique hotels in Sri Lanka. These include two hotels in or near Colombo, three in or near Kandy, one in the Yala National Park, four in Galle, one in Tangalle, and one in Hill Country.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Mount Lavinia is one of Sri Lanka's oldest hotel and with its impressive 200 plus years of heritage it has...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...