New Rosewood resort lined up for Mexico's Riviera Nayarit
A new Rosewood resort is planned for the growing Mexico beauty spot of Riviera Nayarit on the country's western coast, not far from Puerto Vallarta. The 130-room Rosewood Mandarina hotel will face onto one of region's white Pacific beaches and is scheduled to open in 2019.
Luxury hotel operator Rosewood Hotels and Resorts has announced plans to open a new resort on the west coast of Mexico in 2019. The new 130-room Rosewood Mandarina beach hotel will overlook a tropical beach in the growing Riviera Nayarit region on Mexico’s Pacific coast and will be Rosewood’s fifth property in the country.
Only a short drive from the popular holiday destination of Puerto Vallarta, which has its own international airport, the hotel will be easily accessible to tourists while retaining the feel of a remote tropical resort. The Nayarit region is renowned for its diverse landscape with lagoons, rivers, volcanoes, almost 200 miles of beach along the Pacific Ocean, thick jungle and mountains to the west.
Rosewood Hotel Group’s Chief Executive Officer Sonia Cheng, said:
“With all the natural beauty and adventure that Riviera Nayarit has to offer, Mandarina will effortlessly embody the brand’s Sense of Place philosophy.”
Rosewood Mandarina will feature 130 guestrooms, suites and villas with panoramic views across the mountains, beaches and ocean. There will be three restaurants and bars within the resort complex including a speciality restaurant and sunset bar, as well as more informal options such as a pool grill and beach bar.
The resort will offer three swimming pools, a fitness centre and a spa with 10 treatment rooms. The decor around the beachfront property will draw inspiration from the local pre-historic Huichole and Cora cultures, combining it with modern luxury and comfort.
The Mandarina plans to offer guests a chance to connect with their natural environment and take part in eco-activities – from fishing in the lagoons or off the coast to learning about local agriculture or taking a scenic hike up the mountainside.
Rosewood Mandarina will join a network of Rosewood properties in Mexico and Central America that includes Rosewood Mayakoba, Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, Las Ventanas al Paraíso, and Rosewood Puebla – which is slated to open in 2017.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...