Baros Maldives named as Most Romantic Resort in the World
The island resort of Baros Maldives has been voted as "he Most Romantic Resort in the World 2016" in the annual World Travel Awards Grand Final Ceremony. The privately-owned resort has won the title for the fourth year since 2012, beating competition from the Caribbean, India, UAE, USA and more. The hotel has 74 stylish overwater and beachside villas and one Baros Residence, plus a luxury spa, restaurant and overwater swimming pool.
Baros Maldives has won the title of the “Most Romantic Resort in the World 2016” in the grand final of the annual World Travel Awards. This is the fourth year that the luxury island resort won the prestigious award since 2012.
The upscale island resort beat off stiff competition from resorts in Portugal, the UAE, the USA, the Caribbean, India, Portugal, South America, South Pacific, Thailand, Turkey, and another resort in the Maldives. The award was presented during the Grand Final Gala Ceremony at The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi resort in the Maldives earlier this month.
A spokesman for Baros Maldives, said:
“We thank all our staff members whose dedication to our guests’ total satisfaction earned us this premier recognition.”
Located 25 minutes by speedboat from Male and the Maldives International Airport (MLE), the privately owned resort is located on a coral island, encircled by house reef and white sandy beach. The resort has 75 luxury Beach and Water Villas, most with private plunge pools, and one Baros Residence.
Each of the villas has direct access to the pristine beach and the sparkling lagoon from their private veranda or sun deck. The villas feature teak furnishings, large windows, and modern amenities including espresso machines, flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations, in-villa bars stocked with personalised drinks, wine chillers, yoga mats, complimentary wireless internet, bathrooms with separate tubs and rain showers, and air conditioning. Beach villas also have open-air bathrooms and outdoor showers, while the tucked away Baros Residence boast 268-square-metres and has a private swimming pool, a private walled tropical garden and a dedicated butler.
During their stay at the Baros Maldives, guests can take a dip in the overwater swimming pool, before heading to the spa for a pampering treatment. The spa has four Private Spa Suites for couples, and suites with changing rooms, steam baths, outdoor relaxation areas, rainfall showers, and bath tubs in the tropical gardens. There is also an air-conditioned Yoga Pavilion, a relaxation Sala, a Thai Sala, a manicure and pedicure suite, and a boutique with spa gifts.
There are two onsite dive centres where guests can learn about the marine species that live in the surrounding waters, or try out snorkelling, scuba diving, windsurfing, and kayaking activities. At the Dive Centre, visitors can learn how to scuba dive, go off on excursions to popular nearby diving sites, or go Eco diving. At the Marine Centre, snorkelling excursions are available or guests can take part in awareness programmes carried out by the Marine Biologist.
Dining options at the island retreat include the Lighthouse Restaurant an overwater pavilion that offers a la carte dining; the beachfront Cayenne Grill with palm-thatched gazebos, wood-fired pizzas and fresh meat and fish; and the poolside Lime Restaurant with Asian cuisine ad light, healthy snacks. For cocktails, coffees and wine, there are two stylish bars: Lighthouse Lounge and Sails Bar.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...