RIU Reggae resort opens in Montego Bay, Jamaica
RIU Hotels & Resorts has announced the opening of the beachfront RIU Reggae resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica. The launch marks the brand’s third hotel in Montego Bay and the sixth in Jamaica, and the adults-only hotel has more than 400 air-conditioned guest rooms and suites, infinity pools, a spa, a fitness centre, and a collection of restaurants that serve international cuisine.
RIU Hotels & Resorts is celebrating the launch of its third hotel in Montego Bay with the opening of RIU Reggae. The hotel group operates six resorts in Jamaica, and its newest property brings more than 400 guest rooms and suites to the island.
The adults-only five-star resort is located directly on the beach, and its 24-hour all-inclusive service allows guests to unwind and enjoy free drinks, food and entertainment. The construction of the hotel is said to have cost $60 million.
The 454 guest rooms and suite have private balconies or terraces, as well as an array of modern amenities including free wireless Internet, air conditioning, mini bars, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, bathrooms and plush bathrobes. Suites have hydro-massage bathtubs and shower cabins, separate lounge areas with sofas, while family rooms have two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
During their stay at the beachfront resort, holidaymakers can enjoy facilities including two floodlit tennis courts, a fitness centre, two infinity swimming pools and sun terraces, a gift shop, and the Renova Spa with a sauna, Jacuzzi, and beauty salon. There are plenty of day and evening activities to enjoy from windsurfing, beach volleyball and horse riding, to live music, and parties at the adjacent nightclub Pacha.
Dining options are plentiful, and guests can savour delicious local and international culinary delights at the poolside Steakhouse, Ackee main all-day restaurant, Dolce Vita Italian restaurant, Bamboo restaurant serving Asian food, and the Kulinarium restaurant. For cocktails, wine or coffee, there are several bars including the Daiquiri lobby bar, Roots lounge bar, and the two Mojito and Margarita pool bars.
The all-inclusive concept allows guests to enjoy unlimited drinks and food, regularly stocked minibars, daytime and evening entertainment programmes, and activities including snorkelling, kayaking, and one introductory scuba diving lesson in the pool. Guests will also receive complimentary access to Pacha discotheque and drinks at Riu Montego Bay hotel next door.
This year marks the 15th anniversary of the entry of the RIU Hotels and Resorts brand in Jamaica. It was the first Spanish hotel chain to invest in the Caribbean island, and it opened its first hotel in 2001 with the launch of Riu Tropical Bay in Negril. The group now operates hotels in Montego Bay, Negril and Ocho Rios, bringing a total of 3,116 rooms to the country’s tourism market.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- 2 Kids 14 and under stay and play free
- Famous for Watersports available on the beach plus a selection of other activities like the championship golf course
- Choose from the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills from fine dining or casual
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility and Unlimited All Inclusive
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...