Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya to open to guests in Mexico next week
The Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya is scheduled to open its doors this month, marking Hyatt’s first Andaz-branded hotel in Mexico. The luxury eco-resort sits on 590 acres of oceanfront land north of Playa del Carmen, and it will have 214 guest rooms, including 41 suites, that are spread across 28 buildings, which have been inspired by more than 200 bird species native to Mayakoba. Resort facilities include the 10,000-square-foot Naum Spa, restaurants, and a pool.
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts will debut its Andaz brand in Mexico this month, with the opening of the Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya on 12th December, 2016. The resort will sit on 590 acres of tropical oceanfront land, just north of Playa del Carmen.
Surrounded by mangroves and lagoons, the resort will have 214 guest rooms, including 41 suites with private plunge pools. The rooms are spread across 28 different buildings, each of which has been inspired by more than 20 native bird species in Mayakoba, and they will be decorated with neutral colours and wood and stone furnishings.
The open layout of the rooms allows natural light to stream through from large windows, and there are balconies or terraces where guest can enjoy sea or tropical garden views. In-room amenities include minibars, wireless internet, separate bathrooms, and king beds or two double beds. Suites boast 100-145 square metre of space and private plunge pools.
Guests will arrive to the spacious lobby and lounge area, with cane ceilings, stone floors and wooden walls, and in the centre of the lobby, there is a circular water feature that frames the night sky. The sculpted feature represents the area’s ancient limestones cenote sinkholes, and symbols of Mayan culture and heritage are evident throughout the resort.
During their stay, guests can take a dip in the three outdoor swimming pools or whirlpool, work out at the modern 24-hour fitness centre, enjoy Yoga on the sun deck, or indulge in a pampering treatment or therapy at the Naum spa with its six treatment rooms with two hydrotherapy spaces, or the beauty salon. Guests will also have access to the El Camaleon Golf Club and the Mayakoba Tennis Centre.
For gourmet dining, Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya boast four restaurants that serve delicious local and international cuisine within picturesque settings. At the poolside Cocina Milagro, there’s an all-day dining buffet menu; Casa Amate features upscale Latin American dishes; and OllaTaco and OllaCeviche restaurants are located on the beach and serve mouth-watering street food and seafood with beautiful views of the turquoise ocean.
The eco-resort also offers more than 14,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including five meeting rooms and a 6,000-square-foot grand ballroom. The meeting facilities are located around a central courtyard, and interiors feature wood and stone finishes, and colourful rugs with ancient Mayan textile designs.
Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya is surrounded by lagoons, mangrove forests, dunes, cenotes, canals, and pristine white sand beaches. The resort is located about 40 minutes from Benito Juarez Cancun International Airport (CUN) in Cancun, and Playa del Carmen with its shops, bars, restaurants and cafes, is just a short drive away.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...