Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya to open to guests in Mexico next week
The Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya is scheduled to open its doors this month, marking Hyatt’s first Andaz-branded hotel in Mexico. The luxury eco-resort sits on 590 acres of oceanfront land north of Playa del Carmen, and it will have 214 guest rooms, including 41 suites, that are spread across 28 buildings, which have been inspired by more than 200 bird species native to Mayakoba. Resort facilities include the 10,000-square-foot Naum Spa, restaurants, and a pool.
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts will debut its Andaz brand in Mexico this month, with the opening of the Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya on 12th December, 2016. The resort will sit on 590 acres of tropical oceanfront land, just north of Playa del Carmen.
Surrounded by mangroves and lagoons, the resort will have 214 guest rooms, including 41 suites with private plunge pools. The rooms are spread across 28 different buildings, each of which has been inspired by more than 20 native bird species in Mayakoba, and they will be decorated with neutral colours and wood and stone furnishings.
The open layout of the rooms allows natural light to stream through from large windows, and there are balconies or terraces where guest can enjoy sea or tropical garden views. In-room amenities include minibars, wireless internet, separate bathrooms, and king beds or two double beds. Suites boast 100-145 square metre of space and private plunge pools.
Guests will arrive to the spacious lobby and lounge area, with cane ceilings, stone floors and wooden walls, and in the centre of the lobby, there is a circular water feature that frames the night sky. The sculpted feature represents the area’s ancient limestones cenote sinkholes, and symbols of Mayan culture and heritage are evident throughout the resort.
During their stay, guests can take a dip in the three outdoor swimming pools or whirlpool, work out at the modern 24-hour fitness centre, enjoy Yoga on the sun deck, or indulge in a pampering treatment or therapy at the Naum spa with its six treatment rooms with two hydrotherapy spaces, or the beauty salon. Guests will also have access to the El Camaleon Golf Club and the Mayakoba Tennis Centre.
For gourmet dining, Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya boast four restaurants that serve delicious local and international cuisine within picturesque settings. At the poolside Cocina Milagro, there’s an all-day dining buffet menu; Casa Amate features upscale Latin American dishes; and OllaTaco and OllaCeviche restaurants are located on the beach and serve mouth-watering street food and seafood with beautiful views of the turquoise ocean.
The eco-resort also offers more than 14,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including five meeting rooms and a 6,000-square-foot grand ballroom. The meeting facilities are located around a central courtyard, and interiors feature wood and stone finishes, and colourful rugs with ancient Mayan textile designs.
Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya is surrounded by lagoons, mangrove forests, dunes, cenotes, canals, and pristine white sand beaches. The resort is located about 40 minutes from Benito Juarez Cancun International Airport (CUN) in Cancun, and Playa del Carmen with its shops, bars, restaurants and cafes, is just a short drive away.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...