Musical line-up announced for Envision Festival 2017 in Costa Rica
The renowned Envision Festival in Costa Rica has announced its line-up of acts for its next event in 2017. The festival will take place from 23rd to 26th February, 2017 on the beaches of Uvita. Next year’s musical line-up will include Opiuo, Autograf, Rising Appalachia, Pantyraid, The Funk Hunters and Random Rab, and there will be other activities including yoga, workshops, and talks.
Organisers of the annual eco-conscious Envision Festival have announced next year’s line-up following the continued success of the event in previous years. The festival will take place from 23rd to 26th February, 2017 on the beautiful beaches in Uvita in Costa Rica.
With a focus on looking after the environment, people and animals, and spreading positivity, the event has become renowned across Latin America. Over the four days, the stages will be packed full of musicians, DJs and performers.
Next year’s line-up includes musical acts such as Opiuo, Autograf, Rising Appalachia, The Funk Hunters, System Solar, Blond:ish, Pantyraid, Ott, Acid Pauli, Random Rab and Santos & Zurdo. There will be live music and DJs all day and night in genres including glitch-hop, indie electronic house, and eclectic folk handled.
As well as musical entertainment, there will be plenty of fun and inspirational activities that can be enjoyed by all ages. These include yoga at sunrise and dawn, acrobatic performances, dance classes, workshops and talks. There will be a Thursday night village event with 20 minute TED-inspired speeches, and over the weekend there will be talks speakers including the founders of Burning Man festival, Crimson Rose and Will Roger Peterson; John Perkins, the author of the phenomenal New York Times bestseller “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man”; the environmental figure Summer Rayne Oakes; and Erin Schrode, an environmental activist, journalist and the youngest woman ever to run for US Congress.
Located in the steamy jungle on a ranch that is three hours from Costa Rica’s capital San Jose, the festival site sits beneath tree canopies, and is surrounded by emerald hills and a beach that visitors can only access during low tide. The event strongly supports sustainability and encourages visitors look after the environment. It enforces strict policies including a ban on disposables, plastic and any non-biodegradable MOOP (matter out of place). All food waste is composted, while human waste is deposited in a hole that will eventually break down into the soil.
In the nearby tourist town of Uvita, a school has been rebuilt and developed into a youth centre thanks to the support of the Casa Envision project. The festival attracts many tourists to the town, who purchase local goods before, during and after the event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco-tourist's dream destination
- Experience canopy walkways through a bridge system and marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...