New Hurawalhi Island Resort to open in Maldives with largest undersea glass restaurant
Featuring 90 luxury villas as well as a PADI dive centre and spa, the Hurawalhi Island Resort in the Maldives will begin welcoming visitors on 1st December. This new property will open its doors with an impressive asset that will wow travellers around the world: the world’s largest all-glass undersea restaurant. Set 5.8 metres below the surface of the Indian Ocean, this amazing dining venue will offer unique scenery and delicious cuisine.
Lavish holiday living keeps on growing in the Maldives with the opening of a brand new resort in Hurawalhi Island. In only days, the stunning property will begin receiving guests and offering opulence in each detail and careful dedication in every service. Set to open on 1st December, the Hurawahli Island Resort boasts 90 luxury villas, including 60 over-sea accommodations and 30 lodgings on the beach, as well as a PADI dive centre and a spa.
Its most astounding feature, however, comes in the form of a peculiar dining venue: the world’s largest all-glass undersea restaurant. Named the 5.8 Restaurant, due to the fact that it sits 5.8 metres below the surface of the Indian Ocean, this facility will serve delicious meals in a privileged ambiance. Once they’ve enjoyed this unique experience, guests will have the opportunity to select other wonderful food and beverage options within the resort. From the Aquarium Restaurant and the Teppanyaki Grill to the more informal Canneli Restaurant and Coco Bar, visitors will be spoilt for choice. For a more romantic and intimate ambiance, beachfront dining is also available.
Luxury wasn’t the only concern in mind when designing the Hurawahli Island Resort in the Maldives. Utmost respect for its flora and fauna was a priority when building these eco-friendly facilities. With solar panels that supply up to 30% of the island’s energy needs and its own water bottling plant that eliminates the need for plastic bottles, the resort innovates in ecological measures.
The island’s wildlife is also carefully protected. The marine conservation group, Manta Trust, is collaborating with the island in order to preserve aquatic life and provide guided educational dives and snorkelling trips. Manta Trust is also responsible for preserving the habitats of Hurawahli’s magnificent animals, given the fact that it constitutes a nesting site for green turtles and a breeding ground for manta rays.
The new resort is another gem situated in one of the Maldives’ numerous paradise-like islands. Set in the Pacific Ocean, to the south of India, the Maldives comprise 1199 islands, grouped in 22 different atolls. The stunning scenery and untouched nature of its small islets draw the attention of over 600,000 tourists which come to visit each year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Sun Island is an elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....