New Hurawalhi Island Resort to open in Maldives with largest undersea glass restaurant
Featuring 90 luxury villas as well as a PADI dive centre and spa, the Hurawalhi Island Resort in the Maldives will begin welcoming visitors on 1st December. This new property will open its doors with an impressive asset that will wow travellers around the world: the world’s largest all-glass undersea restaurant. Set 5.8 metres below the surface of the Indian Ocean, this amazing dining venue will offer unique scenery and delicious cuisine.
Lavish holiday living keeps on growing in the Maldives with the opening of a brand new resort in Hurawalhi Island. In only days, the stunning property will begin receiving guests and offering opulence in each detail and careful dedication in every service. Set to open on 1st December, the Hurawahli Island Resort boasts 90 luxury villas, including 60 over-sea accommodations and 30 lodgings on the beach, as well as a PADI dive centre and a spa.
Its most astounding feature, however, comes in the form of a peculiar dining venue: the world’s largest all-glass undersea restaurant. Named the 5.8 Restaurant, due to the fact that it sits 5.8 metres below the surface of the Indian Ocean, this facility will serve delicious meals in a privileged ambiance. Once they’ve enjoyed this unique experience, guests will have the opportunity to select other wonderful food and beverage options within the resort. From the Aquarium Restaurant and the Teppanyaki Grill to the more informal Canneli Restaurant and Coco Bar, visitors will be spoilt for choice. For a more romantic and intimate ambiance, beachfront dining is also available.
Luxury wasn’t the only concern in mind when designing the Hurawahli Island Resort in the Maldives. Utmost respect for its flora and fauna was a priority when building these eco-friendly facilities. With solar panels that supply up to 30% of the island’s energy needs and its own water bottling plant that eliminates the need for plastic bottles, the resort innovates in ecological measures.
The island’s wildlife is also carefully protected. The marine conservation group, Manta Trust, is collaborating with the island in order to preserve aquatic life and provide guided educational dives and snorkelling trips. Manta Trust is also responsible for preserving the habitats of Hurawahli’s magnificent animals, given the fact that it constitutes a nesting site for green turtles and a breeding ground for manta rays.
The new resort is another gem situated in one of the Maldives’ numerous paradise-like islands. Set in the Pacific Ocean, to the south of India, the Maldives comprise 1199 islands, grouped in 22 different atolls. The stunning scenery and untouched nature of its small islets draw the attention of over 600,000 tourists which come to visit each year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...