Oberoi Marrakech to open in 2017
Morocco’s fabled “Red City” will soon be home to the Oberoi Marrakech, an opulent resort styled much like ancient Morocco’s palaces but with very modern amenities. Each of the resort’s elegantly appointed villas, rooms, and suites will have stunning views of the Atlas Mountains. The centerpiece of the Oberoi Marrakech is its indulgent spa, located on a private island in a lake on the sprawling resort.
The Oberoi Marrakech, which has been under construction since 2014, is scheduled to open early in 2017. Located 20 miles south of the city, the resort is constructed in the style of a palace of ancient Morocco. Situated on a 25-acre estate, the resort is nestled among citrus orchards and olive grows and features views of the Atlas Mountains.
The resort will feature 77 villas, each with its own swimming pool, as well as six deluxe rooms and a presidential suite with its own private pool.
One of the resort’s most unique features is the Oberoi Spa, a destination in itself. The spa is located on a private island in a lake surrounded by citrus groves and is approximately 21,000 square feet. Within the sprawling facilities, guests can be treated to Ayurvedic, Moroccan, Balinese, or Western indulgences, including hammams. The spa includes swimming pools, a fitness centre, and yoga classes under the shade of citrus trees.
Visitors to the Oberoi Marrakech who want fine dining will have three superb options, a Mediterranean restaurant, a restaurant featuring traditional Moroccan dishes, and a poolside restaurant and bar.
Additionally, the resort features a library, a children’s activity area, and numerous food and beverage outlets. To complete the luxury experience, each room has 24-hour butler service.
The Oberoi Marrakech is one of three new properties opened by the Oberoi Group, including the Oberoi Al Zorah in Dubai and the Oberoi Sukhvilas in India. The India-based Oberoi Group opened two additional properties in Qatar in 2015.
One of Morocco’s most famous cities, Marrakech is a popular destination with tourists who are drawn to its endless maze of souks and its vibrant energy. Once known to foreign travellers as “Morocco City,” Marrakech is two cities, in a sense: the Ville Nouvelle, and the ancient walled Medina, the city’s heart. It is the country’s second-largest city after Casablanca, with an increasingly large population of expats, many of whom are drawn to the city for its bohemian, free-spirited atmosphere. Between 2000 and 2010, the number of tourists in Morocco doubled, and the country hopes to increase tourism to 20 million per year by 2020.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Morocco Browse all
Soak up that much-needed vitamin D form a panoramic resort facing a 7-kilometre beach
- A wide range of activities to enjoy such as beach football, volleyball, table tennis and much more
- Free Wireless Internet in addition to the comfortable accommodations with spectacular sea views
- Leave behind everyday stress and benefit from all spa treatments or enjoy the Yoga and Pilates Classes
This is the perfect haven of relaxation and beauty - ideal for calm rest after a day of sightseeing.
- Great for kids with cooking, calligraphy, picnics, swimming and more to get involved with
- So SPA merges ancient treatments with contemporary ideas for a tranquil, stress-free experience
- Visit the nearby Jardin Majorelles, Koutoubia Mosque and many palaces - just a few of the exciting monuments
Enjoy easy access to the historic heart of the town and experience true Moroccan culture.
- Children's activities programme and video games area makes this hotel perfect for the family
- The So Lounge, Bar & Restaurant has separate sections with a DJ, live music, contemporary Moroccan cuisine and Zen calm and comfort private boxes
- Excellent fitness facilities, with an outdoor freshwater heated swimming pool, a Hamman, Jacuzzi, sauna, solarium and fitness centre
Discover Morocco with plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment for the whole family
Benefit from the private balcony with wonderful garden or sea views at Agadir Beach Club
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the activities for everyone to enjoy - indoor pool, kids' club, beach volleyball, table tennis and more
- Relax and enjoy the fabulous spa services and all massage treatment rooms
- Elegant and modern restaurants offering international, seafood, French, Moroccan and Italian cuisines
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Often described as the "genuine real life encyclopedia of Moroccan traditional arts" with its grand decor,...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
An elegant and refined hotel, the Pickalbatros Royal Mirage Fes, a previous Sheraton property, welcomes guests to a...