Lizzie Cole Guerrero appointed as new Chief Executive of Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau
Lizzie Cole Guerrero has been appointed as the new Director and Chief Executive of the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau. After recently working as the Marketing Director at Riviera Maya Destination Marketing Office, Cole brings 14 years of experience in tourism and marketing to the new role, and she will be responsible for the development of promotional strategies and air connectivity.
The Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau has appointed a new Director and Chief Executive. Lizzie Cole Guerrero has taken the role and she will bring 14 years of tourism and marketing experience and knowledge to the agency.
In her new position, Cole will be responsible for the development of new marketing and promotion strategies and air connectivity that will help Cancun hold its place as Mexico’s leading tourist destination. Cole’s previous role was Marketing Director of the Riviera Maya Destination Marketing Office.
“It is a great honour for me to join the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau, especially after such a successful year for tourism arrivals. We will continue promoting the growth of the destination’s dynamic tourism offerings and solidifying Cancun’s international presence as one of the most popular leisure destinations in the world.”
Cancun has grown over recent years to become a vibrant leisure destination for international holidaymakers. Its white sandy beaches, tropical jungles, turquoise sea, cultural events, and endless sunshine attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors of all ages every year.
Last month, the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau revealed that the region looks set for another record-breaking year and visitor numbers are expected to surpass the five million recorded last year. This is aided by the development of new hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions including the Cancun Wax Museum which opened in La Isla Shopping Village in 2015 and has more than a hundred wax characters from films, figures in the sports and music industry, and famous Mexicans.
This year, Xcaret Park celebrated its 25th anniversary, and the milestone was marked with the opening of Xenses Park in June. The new park features unique experiences through audio, sensorial, aural and visual effects, and the attraction expects to attract between 1,500 and 3,000 visitors each day.
Cancun sits on the Yucatan Peninsula in Quintana Roo province on the easternmost point of Mexico. In the 1970s, the region was deserted and only home to beaches and dense mangroves. Since then, developments have turned it into Mexico’s leading destination, and as well as the thriving Hotel Zone with beachfront hotels, bars, restaurants, nightclubs and shops, Cancun boasts eco-resorts, nature retreats, protected wildlife and nature reserves, and ancient ruins of Mayan temples and cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...