Lizzie Cole Guerrero appointed as new Chief Executive of Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau
Lizzie Cole Guerrero has been appointed as the new Director and Chief Executive of the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau. After recently working as the Marketing Director at Riviera Maya Destination Marketing Office, Cole brings 14 years of experience in tourism and marketing to the new role, and she will be responsible for the development of promotional strategies and air connectivity.
The Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau has appointed a new Director and Chief Executive. Lizzie Cole Guerrero has taken the role and she will bring 14 years of tourism and marketing experience and knowledge to the agency.
In her new position, Cole will be responsible for the development of new marketing and promotion strategies and air connectivity that will help Cancun hold its place as Mexico’s leading tourist destination. Cole’s previous role was Marketing Director of the Riviera Maya Destination Marketing Office.
“It is a great honour for me to join the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau, especially after such a successful year for tourism arrivals. We will continue promoting the growth of the destination’s dynamic tourism offerings and solidifying Cancun’s international presence as one of the most popular leisure destinations in the world.”
Cancun has grown over recent years to become a vibrant leisure destination for international holidaymakers. Its white sandy beaches, tropical jungles, turquoise sea, cultural events, and endless sunshine attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors of all ages every year.
Last month, the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau revealed that the region looks set for another record-breaking year and visitor numbers are expected to surpass the five million recorded last year. This is aided by the development of new hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions including the Cancun Wax Museum which opened in La Isla Shopping Village in 2015 and has more than a hundred wax characters from films, figures in the sports and music industry, and famous Mexicans.
This year, Xcaret Park celebrated its 25th anniversary, and the milestone was marked with the opening of Xenses Park in June. The new park features unique experiences through audio, sensorial, aural and visual effects, and the attraction expects to attract between 1,500 and 3,000 visitors each day.
Cancun sits on the Yucatan Peninsula in Quintana Roo province on the easternmost point of Mexico. In the 1970s, the region was deserted and only home to beaches and dense mangroves. Since then, developments have turned it into Mexico’s leading destination, and as well as the thriving Hotel Zone with beachfront hotels, bars, restaurants, nightclubs and shops, Cancun boasts eco-resorts, nature retreats, protected wildlife and nature reserves, and ancient ruins of Mayan temples and cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...