Lizzie Cole Guerrero appointed as new Chief Executive of Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau
Lizzie Cole Guerrero has been appointed as the new Director and Chief Executive of the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau. After recently working as the Marketing Director at Riviera Maya Destination Marketing Office, Cole brings 14 years of experience in tourism and marketing to the new role, and she will be responsible for the development of promotional strategies and air connectivity.
The Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau has appointed a new Director and Chief Executive. Lizzie Cole Guerrero has taken the role and she will bring 14 years of tourism and marketing experience and knowledge to the agency.
In her new position, Cole will be responsible for the development of new marketing and promotion strategies and air connectivity that will help Cancun hold its place as Mexico’s leading tourist destination. Cole’s previous role was Marketing Director of the Riviera Maya Destination Marketing Office.
“It is a great honour for me to join the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau, especially after such a successful year for tourism arrivals. We will continue promoting the growth of the destination’s dynamic tourism offerings and solidifying Cancun’s international presence as one of the most popular leisure destinations in the world.”
Cancun has grown over recent years to become a vibrant leisure destination for international holidaymakers. Its white sandy beaches, tropical jungles, turquoise sea, cultural events, and endless sunshine attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors of all ages every year.
Last month, the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau revealed that the region looks set for another record-breaking year and visitor numbers are expected to surpass the five million recorded last year. This is aided by the development of new hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions including the Cancun Wax Museum which opened in La Isla Shopping Village in 2015 and has more than a hundred wax characters from films, figures in the sports and music industry, and famous Mexicans.
This year, Xcaret Park celebrated its 25th anniversary, and the milestone was marked with the opening of Xenses Park in June. The new park features unique experiences through audio, sensorial, aural and visual effects, and the attraction expects to attract between 1,500 and 3,000 visitors each day.
Cancun sits on the Yucatan Peninsula in Quintana Roo province on the easternmost point of Mexico. In the 1970s, the region was deserted and only home to beaches and dense mangroves. Since then, developments have turned it into Mexico’s leading destination, and as well as the thriving Hotel Zone with beachfront hotels, bars, restaurants, nightclubs and shops, Cancun boasts eco-resorts, nature retreats, protected wildlife and nature reserves, and ancient ruins of Mayan temples and cities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...