Luxury Maldives resort Kanuhura reopening after revamp
Luxury Maldives resort Kanuhura will reopen on 1 December 2016 after an 18-month renovation project to update and expand the hotel. The five-star private island complex – run by Sun Resorts – now has 94 bohemian-style suites either right on the beach or on stilts above the sea.
Five-star Maldives resort Kanuhura, set on a private island in the heart of the tropical Indian Ocean atoll, will reopen at the beginning of December following an 18-month redesign. The barefoot luxury resort, part of the hotel and leisure group Sun Resorts, has refreshed its aesthetic and now features 94 bohemian-style beach villas and overwater suites.
As part of the multi-million pound renovations, the resort now has a new main pool area with cabanas, in-water loungers and views of the Indian Ocean, plus a separate children’s infinity pool and terrace.
The resort features a newly-renovated dive centre with new equipment, state-of-the-art facilities and expert instructors to help guests discover the Maldive’s tropical coral reefs. There’s also a new marine biology research centre, which will help educate guests on the natural environment and conserve the local reefs.
A 35-minute transfer from Malé International Airport by seaplane, Kanuhura offers guests a wide selection of dining options, bars and activities including yoga, fishing, watersports, tennis and a spa and wellness centre.
The on-site Kokaa Spa and Wellness Retreat features six single and three couples treatment rooms, an outdoor beachside spa pavilion, beauty salon, sauna, steam room and cold plunge pool, as well as a fully-equipped gym, aerobics and hatha yoga studio. Products used in the spa are made using local marine ingredients.
Guests at the resort have exclusive access to unspoilt and uninhabited Jehunuhura private island with a white sand beach and jungle backdrop. The resort can arrange lunch or dinner, private spa treatments, and yoga sessions on the island, which is accessible only by boat from the resort.
For more information, visit: www.kanuhura.com/en/
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...