Hurawalhi Island Resort in Maldives to open doors in December 2016
The Hurawalhi Island Resort in Maldives is scheduled to open to guests in December, 2016. The luxury hotel has an undersea restaurant, a champagne pavilion, and 90 upscale villas, including 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas. The eco-friendly resort has a series of sustainable features including solar panels, a water bottling plant, hot water recovery and an in-house marine biologist.
Hurawalhi Island Resort will open its doors to holidaymakers visiting the Maldives in December, 2016. The upscale resort has 90 lavish villas, and it is located 40 minutes by seaplane from the main island of Male.
The island retreat has been built with the environment in mind, and it has a series of sustainable and energy saving features. These include solar panels, its own water bottling plant, hot water recovery system, and an in-house marine biologist who can educate guests on the marine species found in surrounding lagoons and ocean.
Accommodation at the resort includes 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas. The villas boast natural decor and furnishings, king size beds, wooden floors and furnished private terraces with views of the sparkling Indian Ocean. Some of the villas have private infinity pools, and all have modern amenities and bathrooms with rain showers.
The property’s dining venues include an unusual undersea restaurant, called "5.8 Undersea", which is surrounded views of the underwater world and its colourful inhabitants; the Aquarium Restaurant and Bar with over the water al fresco dining and views, and fresh seafood; and the Canneli Restaurant with buffet-style menu and live cooking stations. There is also a Champagne Pavilion and the beachfront Coco Bar.
Leisure facilities at Hurawalhi include an infinity swimming pool with views of the turquoise ocean, a modern fitness centre, and the Duniye Spa with its wide range of replenishing treatments that are inspired by nature and the sea. Guests can take part in a variety of fun activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, photography sessions, water sports, and excursions to nearby islands and the capital Male.
The resort’s idyllic setting provides the perfect spot for a romantic weddings, and couples can choose from a various picturesque venues for their ceremonies, including the white sand beach or by the poolside. For a unique wedding reception, newlyweds can celebrate with close family and friends in the undersea restaurant.
The onsite Marine Biology Centre allows guests to learn about the surrounding ocean’s marine life, coral reefs and conservation projects in special workshops. The facility is led by a resident marine biologist and is run in partnership with Prodivers Maldives. The resort also collaborates with marine conservation and education specialists, WiseOceans, on research projects.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
All villas are surrounded by palm trees or on stilts over the lagoon, making for a memorable stay.
- Free Upgarde from Half Board to All Inclusive! Book Now!
- Set on the tropical island of Dhuni Kolhu surrounded by warm waters of the Indian Ocean, and located only 30 minutes by sea plane from Male International Airport.
- Witness schools of dolphins playing in the azure waters or try fishing in the traditional Maldivian way while enjoying breath-taking sunset
- Find a state of relaxation with a variety of different treatments and massages created to indulge personal desires for well-being
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Eriyadu Island is located in the far North Western edge of North Male Atoll, the island is the perfect tropical escape...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...