Hurawalhi Island Resort in Maldives to open doors in December 2016
The Hurawalhi Island Resort in Maldives is scheduled to open to guests in December, 2016. The luxury hotel has an undersea restaurant, a champagne pavilion, and 90 upscale villas, including 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas. The eco-friendly resort has a series of sustainable features including solar panels, a water bottling plant, hot water recovery and an in-house marine biologist.
Hurawalhi Island Resort will open its doors to holidaymakers visiting the Maldives in December, 2016. The upscale resort has 90 lavish villas, and it is located 40 minutes by seaplane from the main island of Male.
The island retreat has been built with the environment in mind, and it has a series of sustainable and energy saving features. These include solar panels, its own water bottling plant, hot water recovery system, and an in-house marine biologist who can educate guests on the marine species found in surrounding lagoons and ocean.
Accommodation at the resort includes 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas. The villas boast natural decor and furnishings, king size beds, wooden floors and furnished private terraces with views of the sparkling Indian Ocean. Some of the villas have private infinity pools, and all have modern amenities and bathrooms with rain showers.
The property’s dining venues include an unusual undersea restaurant, called "5.8 Undersea", which is surrounded views of the underwater world and its colourful inhabitants; the Aquarium Restaurant and Bar with over the water al fresco dining and views, and fresh seafood; and the Canneli Restaurant with buffet-style menu and live cooking stations. There is also a Champagne Pavilion and the beachfront Coco Bar.
Leisure facilities at Hurawalhi include an infinity swimming pool with views of the turquoise ocean, a modern fitness centre, and the Duniye Spa with its wide range of replenishing treatments that are inspired by nature and the sea. Guests can take part in a variety of fun activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, photography sessions, water sports, and excursions to nearby islands and the capital Male.
The resort’s idyllic setting provides the perfect spot for a romantic weddings, and couples can choose from a various picturesque venues for their ceremonies, including the white sand beach or by the poolside. For a unique wedding reception, newlyweds can celebrate with close family and friends in the undersea restaurant.
The onsite Marine Biology Centre allows guests to learn about the surrounding ocean’s marine life, coral reefs and conservation projects in special workshops. The facility is led by a resident marine biologist and is run in partnership with Prodivers Maldives. The resort also collaborates with marine conservation and education specialists, WiseOceans, on research projects.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Combine effortless luxury with the stunning surrounding paradise in the Maldives
- Create lasting memories with a sunset cruise
- Discover the crystal clear waters and marine life through a wide range of water sports activities
- Relax and unwind in the well-appointed luxury villas
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...