Anantara Kalutara Resort the second Sri Lanka hotel from Anantara collection
Anantara has added a second property to its portfolio in Sri Lanka, after opening the new Anantara Kalutara Resort. Located south of Colombo on the southwest coast, the luxury resort has 141 guest rooms with private balconies and terraces, and facilities include a library, three restaurants, two swimming pools, a two-level Anantara Spa, and the Upper Deck bar with beautiful sunset views.
Anantara Hotels, Resorts and Spas has announced the opening of its second hotel in Sri Lanka, following the launch of the Anantara Kalutara Resort. The new property is situated on the southwest coast of the island, one house south from Colombo.
Originally designed by the late architect, Geoffrey Bawa, the resort embraces its natural surroundings and its setting that faces the coastal river and turquoise lagoon. It features elements of Dutch design with its gable roof, and the open air reception boasts views of the Kalu River estuary.
The hotel has 141 guest rooms with private balconies or terraces, and added extras like stocked wine humidors. Suites have spacious lounge areas, and the one-bedroom Presidential Suite has its own private plunge pool and a sundeck. The resort’s one and two-bedroom villas have private garden terraces, private pools, and a sundeck.
Facilities at the luxury beachfront resort include a library dedicated to Bawa, with drawings from the architect’s archive; three restaurants serving local and international cuisine; two outdoor swimming pools; a fitness centre; and the Upper Deck where guests can enjoy sunset views with light refreshments. There is a two-level signature Anantara Spa that boasts ten treatments rooms where guests can unwind with replenishing therapies and services, and a Yoga and meditation pavilion.
Younger guests can enjoy fun activities at the Kids and teens’ centre, and there’s an onsite water sports centre for those who want to try snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking or surfing. In March, 2017, a new conference centre will open, which will cater for up to 500 guests and have modern meeting and events facilities.
During their stay, guests can take excursions to the nearby town of Kalutara, which is rich in history and tropical landscapes, and was once a thriving stop-off point during Sri Lanka’s spice trading days. Holidaymakers can visit the 12th Century Richmond Castle with the world’s only hollow Buddha shrine, or s the bright murals that illustrate Buddha’s life at Kalutara Vihara.
Anantara is a Thai hotel group that was established in 2001 with the launch of its first oceanfront hotel in Hua Hin, Thailand. The company has gone on to expand its collection of hotel in tropical destinations including, China, Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam, the Maldives, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Mozambique and Zambia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....