Leed Gold certification awarded to Jade Mountain in St Lucia
The Jade Mountain hotel in St Lucia has become the first hotel in the Caribbean to receive the prestigious LEED GOLD certification status. Designed by owner Nick Troubetzkoy, the luxury hotel boasts a number of eco-friendly and sustainable features, including its own rainwater-fed water purification plant system, and system that recycles treated sewage water.
The LEED GOLD certification status has been awarded to the Jade Mountain resort in St Lucia. It’s the first time a hotel in the Caribbean has received the coveted certification, and the property has several sustainable and environmentally-friendly practices.
Designed by owner, Nick Troubetzkoy, the luxury resort is famous for its magnificent setting overlooking the Pitons, and its three-wall guest rooms that allow visitors to enjoy the vistas. The resort’s sustainable features include its own rainwater-fed water purification plant system, as well as a system that recycles treated sewage water, and then irrigates a nursery and plants that are grown for the hotel’s gardens.
Rick Fedrizzi, the CEO and founding chairman of the US Green Building Council (USGBC), commented:
“Achieving LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold, as Jade Mountain has done, demonstrates an exceptional level of leadership in the industry. I congratulate both the owners (Nick and Karolin Troubetzkoy) and the project team for this significant achievement.”
Speaking about the design of the hotel’s guest rooms, that are known as sanctuaries, Nick Troubetzkoy, said:
“We aimed to give our guests the feeling of entering a private space fully integrated into the island’s ecology, where they could simply relax, breathe in the air, while basking in the surroundings and enjoying a wonderful sense of calm and peace — versus being boxed into a traditional hotel room breathing recirculated, machine-processed air.”
The US Green Building Council role is to monitor the design, construction and operation of sustainable buildings through LEED, a third-party verification system. The Green Building Council adjudicators felt Troubetzkoy had succeeded and noted:
“This is a very impressive accomplishment for such a unique project, and we congratulate you and your team on implementing some pioneering, non-traditional approaches to the LEED prerequisites and credits.”
The US Green Building Council monitors the way buildings are designed, constructed and operated through Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED), a third-party green building verification programme. The Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Kingston in Jamaica is a LEED-certified building, but Jade Mountain is the first Caribbean hotel to receive the prestigious LEED Gold status.
Jade Mountain has been sculpted into the Soufriere hillside above its sister beach resort, Anse Chastanet. The multi-award-winning resort has 29-room lavish and spacious guest suites with bedrooms, living areas, and private infinity pools that glide into one another to form platforms that float out into the natural surroundings. Rooms feature locally-made wooden furniture, and are free from TVs, phones, radios to allow total relaxation for guests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
With 30 cottage style suites, lush tropical garden, and a secluded sandy beach, the hotel is sure to make your tropical getaway truly unforgettable.
- Visit the hotel's Open Air Spa Pavilion to enjoy a variety of beauty treatments and relaxing massages as well as the soothing sounds of the garden and the cooling tropical breeze.
- Have some fun in the sun and on the water with a variety of watersports available, including hobie cat sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, and more.
- Enjoy a variety of Exclusive Experiences offered by the hotel, including daily Yoga and Pilates classes, hiking tours, and an open air fitness area.
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...