Leed Gold certification awarded to Jade Mountain in St Lucia
The Jade Mountain hotel in St Lucia has become the first hotel in the Caribbean to receive the prestigious LEED GOLD certification status. Designed by owner Nick Troubetzkoy, the luxury hotel boasts a number of eco-friendly and sustainable features, including its own rainwater-fed water purification plant system, and system that recycles treated sewage water.
The LEED GOLD certification status has been awarded to the Jade Mountain resort in St Lucia. It’s the first time a hotel in the Caribbean has received the coveted certification, and the property has several sustainable and environmentally-friendly practices.
Designed by owner, Nick Troubetzkoy, the luxury resort is famous for its magnificent setting overlooking the Pitons, and its three-wall guest rooms that allow visitors to enjoy the vistas. The resort’s sustainable features include its own rainwater-fed water purification plant system, as well as a system that recycles treated sewage water, and then irrigates a nursery and plants that are grown for the hotel’s gardens.
Rick Fedrizzi, the CEO and founding chairman of the US Green Building Council (USGBC), commented:
“Achieving LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold, as Jade Mountain has done, demonstrates an exceptional level of leadership in the industry. I congratulate both the owners (Nick and Karolin Troubetzkoy) and the project team for this significant achievement.”
Speaking about the design of the hotel’s guest rooms, that are known as sanctuaries, Nick Troubetzkoy, said:
“We aimed to give our guests the feeling of entering a private space fully integrated into the island’s ecology, where they could simply relax, breathe in the air, while basking in the surroundings and enjoying a wonderful sense of calm and peace — versus being boxed into a traditional hotel room breathing recirculated, machine-processed air.”
The US Green Building Council role is to monitor the design, construction and operation of sustainable buildings through LEED, a third-party verification system. The Green Building Council adjudicators felt Troubetzkoy had succeeded and noted:
“This is a very impressive accomplishment for such a unique project, and we congratulate you and your team on implementing some pioneering, non-traditional approaches to the LEED prerequisites and credits.”
The US Green Building Council monitors the way buildings are designed, constructed and operated through Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED), a third-party green building verification programme. The Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Kingston in Jamaica is a LEED-certified building, but Jade Mountain is the first Caribbean hotel to receive the prestigious LEED Gold status.
Jade Mountain has been sculpted into the Soufriere hillside above its sister beach resort, Anse Chastanet. The multi-award-winning resort has 29-room lavish and spacious guest suites with bedrooms, living areas, and private infinity pools that glide into one another to form platforms that float out into the natural surroundings. Rooms feature locally-made wooden furniture, and are free from TVs, phones, radios to allow total relaxation for guests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 70% up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Enjoy your stay in Anse Chastanet, the only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- Incredible savings of upto 35% on all room types
- A private Helipad for helicopter arrivals is available to all guests
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres with two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....