Leed Gold certification awarded to Jade Mountain in St Lucia
The Jade Mountain hotel in St Lucia has become the first hotel in the Caribbean to receive the prestigious LEED GOLD certification status. Designed by owner Nick Troubetzkoy, the luxury hotel boasts a number of eco-friendly and sustainable features, including its own rainwater-fed water purification plant system, and system that recycles treated sewage water.
The LEED GOLD certification status has been awarded to the Jade Mountain resort in St Lucia. It’s the first time a hotel in the Caribbean has received the coveted certification, and the property has several sustainable and environmentally-friendly practices.
Designed by owner, Nick Troubetzkoy, the luxury resort is famous for its magnificent setting overlooking the Pitons, and its three-wall guest rooms that allow visitors to enjoy the vistas. The resort’s sustainable features include its own rainwater-fed water purification plant system, as well as a system that recycles treated sewage water, and then irrigates a nursery and plants that are grown for the hotel’s gardens.
Rick Fedrizzi, the CEO and founding chairman of the US Green Building Council (USGBC), commented:
“Achieving LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold, as Jade Mountain has done, demonstrates an exceptional level of leadership in the industry. I congratulate both the owners (Nick and Karolin Troubetzkoy) and the project team for this significant achievement.”
Speaking about the design of the hotel’s guest rooms, that are known as sanctuaries, Nick Troubetzkoy, said:
“We aimed to give our guests the feeling of entering a private space fully integrated into the island’s ecology, where they could simply relax, breathe in the air, while basking in the surroundings and enjoying a wonderful sense of calm and peace — versus being boxed into a traditional hotel room breathing recirculated, machine-processed air.”
The US Green Building Council role is to monitor the design, construction and operation of sustainable buildings through LEED, a third-party verification system. The Green Building Council adjudicators felt Troubetzkoy had succeeded and noted:
“This is a very impressive accomplishment for such a unique project, and we congratulate you and your team on implementing some pioneering, non-traditional approaches to the LEED prerequisites and credits.”
The US Green Building Council monitors the way buildings are designed, constructed and operated through Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED), a third-party green building verification programme. The Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Kingston in Jamaica is a LEED-certified building, but Jade Mountain is the first Caribbean hotel to receive the prestigious LEED Gold status.
Jade Mountain has been sculpted into the Soufriere hillside above its sister beach resort, Anse Chastanet. The multi-award-winning resort has 29-room lavish and spacious guest suites with bedrooms, living areas, and private infinity pools that glide into one another to form platforms that float out into the natural surroundings. Rooms feature locally-made wooden furniture, and are free from TVs, phones, radios to allow total relaxation for guests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 65% in 2017 and 2018 and up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...