Chief Executive of Sandals Resorts International awarded Order of Distinction in Jamaica
Adam Stewart, the Chief Executive of Sandals Resorts International, has been awarded the Order of Distinction (Commander Class) by the government of Jamaica. During the National Honours and Awards Ceremony at King’s House last month, Stewart was given the award for his outstanding services to the tourism and hotel industry in Jamaica. Sandals Resorts owns and operates a collection of luxury all-inclusive resorts throughout Jamaica and the Caribbean.
The Chief Executive of Sandals Resorts International has been recognised for his contribution to the tourism industry in Jamaica. Adam Stewart received the Order of Distinction in Commander Class for his services during the National Honours and Awards Ceremony which took place at King’s House on National Heroes’ Day last month.
Stewart joined several Jamaicans at the ceremony who were receiving the award for their services across a variety of sectors, including health, education, agriculture and tourism. The famous motto of the special Order is “Distinction through Service”.
Mr Stewart commented:
“I am humbled and honoured to be bestowed the Order of Distinction, Commander Class by the Government of Jamaica. I am very proud to be Jamaican and having the opportunity to contribute to my country’s development and to the development of the region through tourism is something I’m very thankful for and something I take very seriously."
Mr Stewart also added:
“I want to say thank you Jamaica, thank you to all my amazing teams across our group of companies and across the region and thanks to my amazing family.”
As well as working at Sandals Resorts International for the last decade, Stewart has also had many leadership roles in the tourism and hotel sector. He also became the first vice president for the Jamaica Hotel & Tourist Association.
Sandals Resorts International operates a number of all-inclusive luxury hotels in countries across the Caribbean. The group has award-winning properties in tropical island destinations such as Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas and Grenada, and it is planning to mark its debut in Mexico next year.
The hotel group launched its first hotel, Sandals Montego Bay, in Jamaica in November 1981, Since then, Sandals Resorts has become one of the leading hotels groups for luxury Caribbean hotels. Over the years, the group has introduced a number of “firsts” in the hospitality sector including being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, satellite TV, and personal butlers for its guests.
The company’s collection of luxury resorts in Jamaica include Sandals Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean, Sandals Negril, Sandals Whitehouse, Sandals Ochi, Sandals Royal Plantation, and Sandals Inn. Sandals International also owns properties under the Beaches and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts brands.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- Take advantage of this amazing free kids offer - Up to two kids stay free when sharing with two paying adults
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambiance's All Inclusive Resort & Spa is an adult's only resort offering 85 bright and spacious rooms. Each room...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...