Vietnam Airlines scoops two prestigious awards at World Travel Awards
Vietnam Airlines has won two prestigious awards at the 2016 World Travel Awards Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony. The national airline of Vietnam scooped the award for Asia's Leading Airline – Economy Class, and Asia's Leading Cultural Airline during the ceremony which took place at the InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort, Vietnam last month.
Vietnam Airlines won two coveted awards at the recent 2016 World Travel Awards Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony. The airline was given the title of Asia’s Leading Airline – Economy Class, and Asia’s Leading Cultural Airline at the regional ceremony last month.
The glamourous ceremony took place at InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort in Vietnam and was attended by hundreds of tourism industry leaders and representatives from companies throughout Asia and Australasia. The awards honour the region’s leading travel companies, airlines, hotels, destinations, tour operators and tourism organisations.
Graham Cooke, President of the World Travel Awards, stated:
“It is an honour for World Travel Awards to present the trophies for Asia’s Leading Airline – Economy Class and Asia’s Leading Cultural Airline to Vietnam Airlines."
Mr. Cooke also added:
"These are some of the most prestigious titles in the region and the Vietnamese flag-carrier is a worthy winner.”
Vietnam Airlines is Vietnam’s national air carrier, and it has recently launched a new corporate identity and upgraded many of its aircraft. The airline was the first to operate the new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner non-stop between Southeast Asia and Europe.
The national air carrier is headquartered in Hanoi, and has a network of 94 routes to 21 domestic and 29 international destinations. The airline offers more than 300 daily flights on a young fleet of modern aircraft made up of Boeing 777s, Airbus A330s and Airbus A321s. The carrier will have 19 Boeing 787s and 14 Airbus A350-900 XWBs delivered by 2019. The airlines operates daily flights to either Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi in Vietnam from London Heathrow.
Trinh Ngoc Thanh, Vice Executive President of Vietnam Airlines, commented:
“On behalf of Vietnam Airlines, I would like to thank the World Travel Awards and everyone who voted for us. I also would like to extend our appreciation to our customers for their invaluable support and all of our staff for their efforts and contributions.”
The World Travel Awards are regarded as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, and every year, regional ceremonies take place all over the world to honour the best companies in the global travel industry. The winners are decided by travel industry professionals throughout 140 countries. This year, the regional winners will go on to the Grand Final World Travel Awards Ceremony which will take place in the Maldives in December.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
Idyllic romantic escape for you and you loved one in a secluded tropical bay on the island of Phu Quoc
- Private ocean view villa accommodation ideal for a couples retreat
- Complimentary sports activities ranging from beach volleyball through to windsurfing
- Luxury spa treatments on the stunning beachfront, taking inspiration from traditional Asian methods
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover the beauty of a superb Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...