Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Mexico launches brand new make-your-own ceviche bar
Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Mexico has launched a brand new service for guests, with the opening of a new ceviche bar that allows guests to make their own ceviche. The bar will be open every day at the resort’s Azul restaurant, and guests can choose from a wide selection of fresh salmon, tuna, shrimp, snail, octopus, squid, white fish, and even fried grasshoppers.
The Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resort has unveiled a new complimentary facility that allows guests to make their own ceviche during their stay. The new ceviche bar will be located in the Azul restaurant and will be open daily between midday and 5.30pm.
Guests can choose from a range of fresh seafood such as shrimp, octopus, squid, white fish, snail, scallops, tuna, salmon, as well as fried grasshoppers. The proteins can be topped with tomato, cucumber, avocado, garlic, chilli peppers and more. Diners will be assisted by the resort chef, who will offer recommendations for ceviche dishes, and there will also be a number of ready-made traditional ceviche options.
Grand Velas Riviera Maya is an AAA Five Diamond resort in Playa del Carmen in Mexico, located on 206 acres of tropical beachfront land. The resort is surrounded by lush jungle, mangroves and a white sandy beach, offering a tranquil oasis for holidaymakers.
The property has 539 suites that boast more than 1,100 square feet, and private balconies, and some have private plunge pools. There are three categories of accommodation available at the hotel: Zen Grand Suites which are surrounded by colourful flora and fauna; Ambassador Class, family-friendly with ocean views; and the popular Grand Class with dedicated butlers. In-room amenities include mini bars, plasma TVs, L’Occitane products, Nespresso coffee machines, wireless internet, artisanal tequila, and marble bathrooms with walk-in glass showers and separate Jacuzzi tubs.
During their stay, tourists can unwind at the resort’s upscale facilities. There’s an 89,000-square foot spa with a plethora of pampering therapies and treatments inspired by Mayan traditions; a modern fitness centre with personal trainers; a three-tiered infinity pool; championship golf courses; and a kids club and teens lounge. Dining options are plentiful and guests can enjoy local and international menus, and there’s the Karaoke Bar and Koi piano bar for cocktails, wine and entertainment. The Cocina de Autor restaurant is led by celebrity chefs including Bruno Oteiza, Mikel Alonso and Xavier Pérez Stone, and it is the world’s only all-inclusive restaurant that has received the AAA Five Diamond Award.
The luxury resort in the Riviera Maya can also host business events, conferences at its 31,000-square-foot Convention Centre with space for up to 2,700 guests. The surrounding tropical environment also provides the perfect setting for romantic wedding ceremonies.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Whether looking for a relaxing retreat with your partner, or simply searching for some peace and intimacy by yourself, a...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...