Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Mexico launches brand new make-your-own ceviche bar
Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Mexico has launched a brand new service for guests, with the opening of a new ceviche bar that allows guests to make their own ceviche. The bar will be open every day at the resort’s Azul restaurant, and guests can choose from a wide selection of fresh salmon, tuna, shrimp, snail, octopus, squid, white fish, and even fried grasshoppers.
The Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resort has unveiled a new complimentary facility that allows guests to make their own ceviche during their stay. The new ceviche bar will be located in the Azul restaurant and will be open daily between midday and 5.30pm.
Guests can choose from a range of fresh seafood such as shrimp, octopus, squid, white fish, snail, scallops, tuna, salmon, as well as fried grasshoppers. The proteins can be topped with tomato, cucumber, avocado, garlic, chilli peppers and more. Diners will be assisted by the resort chef, who will offer recommendations for ceviche dishes, and there will also be a number of ready-made traditional ceviche options.
Grand Velas Riviera Maya is an AAA Five Diamond resort in Playa del Carmen in Mexico, located on 206 acres of tropical beachfront land. The resort is surrounded by lush jungle, mangroves and a white sandy beach, offering a tranquil oasis for holidaymakers.
The property has 539 suites that boast more than 1,100 square feet, and private balconies, and some have private plunge pools. There are three categories of accommodation available at the hotel: Zen Grand Suites which are surrounded by colourful flora and fauna; Ambassador Class, family-friendly with ocean views; and the popular Grand Class with dedicated butlers. In-room amenities include mini bars, plasma TVs, L’Occitane products, Nespresso coffee machines, wireless internet, artisanal tequila, and marble bathrooms with walk-in glass showers and separate Jacuzzi tubs.
During their stay, tourists can unwind at the resort’s upscale facilities. There’s an 89,000-square foot spa with a plethora of pampering therapies and treatments inspired by Mayan traditions; a modern fitness centre with personal trainers; a three-tiered infinity pool; championship golf courses; and a kids club and teens lounge. Dining options are plentiful and guests can enjoy local and international menus, and there’s the Karaoke Bar and Koi piano bar for cocktails, wine and entertainment. The Cocina de Autor restaurant is led by celebrity chefs including Bruno Oteiza, Mikel Alonso and Xavier Pérez Stone, and it is the world’s only all-inclusive restaurant that has received the AAA Five Diamond Award.
The luxury resort in the Riviera Maya can also host business events, conferences at its 31,000-square-foot Convention Centre with space for up to 2,700 guests. The surrounding tropical environment also provides the perfect setting for romantic wedding ceremonies.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...