Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Mexico launches brand new make-your-own ceviche bar
Grand Velas Riviera Maya in Mexico has launched a brand new service for guests, with the opening of a new ceviche bar that allows guests to make their own ceviche. The bar will be open every day at the resort’s Azul restaurant, and guests can choose from a wide selection of fresh salmon, tuna, shrimp, snail, octopus, squid, white fish, and even fried grasshoppers.
The Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resort has unveiled a new complimentary facility that allows guests to make their own ceviche during their stay. The new ceviche bar will be located in the Azul restaurant and will be open daily between midday and 5.30pm.
Guests can choose from a range of fresh seafood such as shrimp, octopus, squid, white fish, snail, scallops, tuna, salmon, as well as fried grasshoppers. The proteins can be topped with tomato, cucumber, avocado, garlic, chilli peppers and more. Diners will be assisted by the resort chef, who will offer recommendations for ceviche dishes, and there will also be a number of ready-made traditional ceviche options.
Grand Velas Riviera Maya is an AAA Five Diamond resort in Playa del Carmen in Mexico, located on 206 acres of tropical beachfront land. The resort is surrounded by lush jungle, mangroves and a white sandy beach, offering a tranquil oasis for holidaymakers.
The property has 539 suites that boast more than 1,100 square feet, and private balconies, and some have private plunge pools. There are three categories of accommodation available at the hotel: Zen Grand Suites which are surrounded by colourful flora and fauna; Ambassador Class, family-friendly with ocean views; and the popular Grand Class with dedicated butlers. In-room amenities include mini bars, plasma TVs, L’Occitane products, Nespresso coffee machines, wireless internet, artisanal tequila, and marble bathrooms with walk-in glass showers and separate Jacuzzi tubs.
During their stay, tourists can unwind at the resort’s upscale facilities. There’s an 89,000-square foot spa with a plethora of pampering therapies and treatments inspired by Mayan traditions; a modern fitness centre with personal trainers; a three-tiered infinity pool; championship golf courses; and a kids club and teens lounge. Dining options are plentiful and guests can enjoy local and international menus, and there’s the Karaoke Bar and Koi piano bar for cocktails, wine and entertainment. The Cocina de Autor restaurant is led by celebrity chefs including Bruno Oteiza, Mikel Alonso and Xavier Pérez Stone, and it is the world’s only all-inclusive restaurant that has received the AAA Five Diamond Award.
The luxury resort in the Riviera Maya can also host business events, conferences at its 31,000-square-foot Convention Centre with space for up to 2,700 guests. The surrounding tropical environment also provides the perfect setting for romantic wedding ceremonies.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...