Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort Maldives to host World Travel Awards Final Ceremony in December
The Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort Maldives will host the World Travel Awards Grand Final Gala Ceremony 2016, on 2nd December, 2016. The prestigious event will honour the best of the world’s travel, tourism and hospitality companies, following months of regional ceremonies that have taken place in destinations around the world. The luxury Maldives resort is also in the running for the World’s Leading Water Villa Resort award.
This December, one of the world’s most prestigious travel awards events will be taking place in the Maldives. The World Travel Awards Grand Final Gala Ceremony will be taking place at the Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort.
The event will honour the best of the best in the world’s travel, tourism and hospitality industry, following month of regional ceremonies taking place across the globe. The event will be attended by hospitality leaders, and it will give awards to hundreds of companies including hotels, tourism boards, airlines, tour operators, and car rental companies.
Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards, stated:
“It is an honour to reveal the World Travel Awards will return to the Maldives in December for our Grand Final 2016.”
Mr. Cooke added:
"This is truly one of the most sought after destinations anywhere on earth, and it will be our pleasure to welcome our nominees to what promises to be the highlight of the tourism calendar.”
Scheduled to take place on 2nd December, 2016, the Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives is already preparing for the event. The luxury resort has also been nominated in the World’s Leading Water Villa Resort category.
Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort sits on a private island in the South Male Atoll, a 45-minute speedboat ride from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport. Set within in lush vegetation and swaying palm trees, the resort is surrounded by powder-soft white sand beaches and a shimmering turquoise lagoon.
The hotel has 164 stylish beach and overwater villas that have been built using locally-sourced natural materials, and feature open-air living areas. Villa amenities include complimentary wireless internet, minibars, satellite TVs with DVD players, coffee and tea making facilities, and over water villas have private decks that lead directly into the blue lagoon.
The island resort’s facilities include the PADI Sun Diving School, flood-lit tennis courts, a children’s pool and play area, and the Lagoon Bar with evening entertainment. The Sun Spa has eight spa pavilions, hydrotherapy pools, a steam room, a sauna, and a Jacuzzi.
Guests can savour delicious food and drinks at the resort’s multiple dining venues. These include the overwater Sunset Restaurant with live cooking stations, Lagoon Restaurant with open decking, The Four Spices with Asian cuisine, Island Pizza with a poolside setting, and the Plankton Grill with its outdoor setting and wide range of freshly-caught seafood.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...