InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort in Vietnam hosts World Travel Awards
The World Travel Awards, Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony 2016 was hosted by the InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort in Vietnam last weekend. The prestigious event took place on Saturday 15th October, and was attended by 200 hospitality leaders from all over the regions. As well as hosting the ceremony, InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula also scooped the award for Asia's Leading Luxury Resort.
The World Travel Awards, Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony 2016 took place at the weekend, recognising the best of the best in the hospitality industry. The event took place at the InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort in Vietnam.
On Saturday, 15th October, around 200 leaders in the travel and hospitality industry from regions across Asia and Australasia attended the prestigious ceremony to honour hotels, tour operators, airlines and travel companies. The host venue even managed to win the coveted award for Asia’s Leading Luxury Resort.
Speaking prior to the event, Juan Losada, the General Manager of InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula, said:
“We are delighted to be hosting the World Travel Awards Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony 2016.”
Mr Losada added:
“Our magnificent resort, located in such a pristine setting, surrounded by a beautiful landscape with panoramic views of the sparkling East Sea, is the perfect backdrop to showcase the best that the destination has to offer.”
The InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort is located on the hillside on the Son Tra Peninsula in Vietnam, a short distance from three UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Designed by renowned architect Bill Bensley, and overlooking a private bay, the hotel is considered to be one of the world’s most luxurious resorts.
The property has 200 guest rooms and suites, including luxury beachfront villas with private pools. Guests will have access to upscale facilities such as La Maison 1888 restaurant with its three Michelin starred Chef, a stylish beachside bar, and the award-winning HARNN heritage spa with its array of lavish treatments and soothing therapies inspired by ancient practices.
The luxury hotel faces the East Sea and is just 15 km from the French colonial Da Nang Port. In Da Nang, holidaymakers can choose from a plethora of pristine beaches that are dotted along the 30-kilometre-long coastline. Popular sandy stretches include My Khe Beach, Lang Co Beach, Hoi An and My Son, where visitors can unwind and take a dip in the warm, azure waters.
The World Travel Awards are famously known as the biggest events in the world’s hospitality industry, and every year, several regional ceremonies take place to award the best hotels, resorts, attractions, airlines and spas. The winners of the regional ceremonies will now go on to the Grand Final Gala Ceremony which will take place in the Maldives in December.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
Join an adventure through Vietnam’s most memorable sights culminating in a tropical island stay
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches and turquoise waters of Phu Quoc tropical island
- Overnight cruise on a traditionally-designed junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Entrance fees for all included sightseeing, meals as per itinerary and local guides included
An in-depth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches on a tour through the most remarkable...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...