Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya to host 2016 Cancun Basketball Challenge in November
The Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya in Mexico will be hosting the 2016 Men's and Women's Cancun Challenge basketball tournament this November. The annual event is one of the leading collegiate basketball events, and it will take place in the luxury resort's convention centre ballroom which will be converted into a court especially for the competition.
The 2016 Men’s and Women’s Cancun Challenge basketball tournament will be taking place at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya next month. The luxury resort in Mexico will host the annual event, which one of the leading collegiate basketball games.
The tournament will take place in the luxury resort’s convention centre ballroom, which will be transformed into a court and will offer seating where fans can get a front row view of the game. The tournament will be held over two days on the 22nd and 23rd November, 2016.
Fans and the basketball teams will be able to enjoy unlimited dining and beverages throughout their stay, as well as entertainment, numerous basketball games, and a range of activities at the resort. Teams include NJIT, Georgia State, Idaho State, Eastern Kentucky, Texas Tech, and Auburn. Last year, the Maryland team won the championship.
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya is situated on a private white sandy beach, encircled by tropical landscapes and the aquamarine Caribbean Sea. The property opened its doors to holidaymakers in 2014, and has become a favourite for families, couples and groups of friends.
The all-inclusive resort offers Heaven, a "resort within the resort," adults-only section, which boasts a Hard Rock Hotels signature Rock Spa with 75 treatment rooms, four gourmet restaurants, and three stylish bars and lounges, and nightclub.
The resort has a total of 1,264 guest rooms and suites which can cater for families or small groups. Accommodation features private terraces or balconies with hammocks and sea views, as well as and modern amenities such as luxury hydro spa tubs, complimentary wireless internet, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, mini-bars, and 24-hour room service. The hotel also boasts the largest celebrity-branded Rock Star Suite in the hotel group’s portfolio which was designed by Bret Michaels, the singer from the metal band Poison.
During their stay, holidaymakers will have unlimited access to a wide range of upscale and themed facilities. These include outdoor swimming pools and a private beach; nine gourmet restaurants and eight bars and lounges; the HIT Entertainment’s Little Big Club and Teens Lounge & Club; and 88,915 square feet of modern meeting and event space, including the ball room where the basketball games will take place.
Hard Rock International is an international hospitality group that owns and operates more than 180 venues including 20 hotels Hard Rock Hotels and Casinos. The company has hotels in glamorous destinations such as Hollywood, Cancun, Las Vegas, Palm Springs, San Diego, Bali and Singapore. The Hard Rock brand also owns the world's greatest collection of music memorabilia, including an Eric Clapton Guitar. Many famous pieces are exhibited in hotels all over the world for fans to see.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...