KK Beach hotel to open to holidaymakers in Sri Lanka in December, 2016
The KK Beach hotel will open to guests in December, 2016 near Habaraduwa in Sri Lanka. Owned by interior designer, George Cooper, the new hotel will be located close to the hotel group’s Kahanda Kanda, which sits within jungle and tea plantations on the shore of Lake Koggala near Galle. KK Beach will have four air-conditioned suites and boutique facilities including a beach club.
A new beachfront boutique hotel and beach club will open to guests this December near Habaraduwa in Sri Lanka. KK Beach is owned by the famous interior designer George Cooper, and joins the company’s Kahanda Kanda hotel on the jungle shores of Koggala Lake near Galle.
Located just 12 miles from Galle on the south coast of Sri Lanka, KK Beach will have four air-conditioned suites that offer ocean views through floor-to-ceiling sliding glass panel doors. The boutique hotel’s restaurant will serve fresh seafood, barbecues, Sri Lankan curries, and Western dishes.
There will also be a Living Room and bar, that will also be open to non-residents, and the hotel will be decorated with vibrant art pieces from Sri Lankan artists. Guests can cool off from the soaring temperatures in the swimming pool, or unwind on sun loungers on the beach.
Guest staying at both KK Beach and Kahanda Kanda will have access to both properties via a shuttle bus, enabling them to dine at both properties or use the facilities. Kahanda Kanda features a series of pavilions that are joined by a network of paths and lily ponds.
The property has 10 suites with private terraces furnished with oriental and locally-made furniture, and overlooking views of Koggala Lake and the lush jungle. The Hibiscus suite opened in November, 2015, and boasts its own private infinity plunge pool and Mediterranean decor.
Facilities at Kahanda Kanda include a spa with open treatments rooms, a fitness centre, a yoga studio and an infinity pool.
Holidaymakers can learn to create Sri Lankan curries and Thai dishes through the hotel’s cookery classes that are run by professional chefs. During their stay, guests can go snorkelling, surfing, cycling through rice fields, or take a short tuk-tuk ride to the UNESCO-listed Galle Fort.
Earlier this year, George Cooper added another boutique hotel to his Sri Lankan portfolio with the opening of KK by George on Leyn Baan Street in Galle Fort. The interior designer opened his first boutique, KK Collection, in Galle Fort in 2015, which sells homeware items, quilted bedding, gifts and contemporary art.
Room rates for luxury suites at the KK Beach hotel start from $300 per night based on two people sharing, and include breakfast. At Kahanda Kanda, suites start from $410 per night based on double occupancy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
Mount Lavinia is one of Sri Lanka's oldest hotel and with its impressive 200 plus years of heritage it has...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...