KK Beach hotel to open to holidaymakers in Sri Lanka in December, 2016
The KK Beach hotel will open to guests in December, 2016 near Habaraduwa in Sri Lanka. Owned by interior designer, George Cooper, the new hotel will be located close to the hotel group’s Kahanda Kanda, which sits within jungle and tea plantations on the shore of Lake Koggala near Galle. KK Beach will have four air-conditioned suites and boutique facilities including a beach club.
A new beachfront boutique hotel and beach club will open to guests this December near Habaraduwa in Sri Lanka. KK Beach is owned by the famous interior designer George Cooper, and joins the company’s Kahanda Kanda hotel on the jungle shores of Koggala Lake near Galle.
Located just 12 miles from Galle on the south coast of Sri Lanka, KK Beach will have four air-conditioned suites that offer ocean views through floor-to-ceiling sliding glass panel doors. The boutique hotel’s restaurant will serve fresh seafood, barbecues, Sri Lankan curries, and Western dishes.
There will also be a Living Room and bar, that will also be open to non-residents, and the hotel will be decorated with vibrant art pieces from Sri Lankan artists. Guests can cool off from the soaring temperatures in the swimming pool, or unwind on sun loungers on the beach.
Guest staying at both KK Beach and Kahanda Kanda will have access to both properties via a shuttle bus, enabling them to dine at both properties or use the facilities. Kahanda Kanda features a series of pavilions that are joined by a network of paths and lily ponds.
The property has 10 suites with private terraces furnished with oriental and locally-made furniture, and overlooking views of Koggala Lake and the lush jungle. The Hibiscus suite opened in November, 2015, and boasts its own private infinity plunge pool and Mediterranean decor.
Facilities at Kahanda Kanda include a spa with open treatments rooms, a fitness centre, a yoga studio and an infinity pool.
Holidaymakers can learn to create Sri Lankan curries and Thai dishes through the hotel’s cookery classes that are run by professional chefs. During their stay, guests can go snorkelling, surfing, cycling through rice fields, or take a short tuk-tuk ride to the UNESCO-listed Galle Fort.
Earlier this year, George Cooper added another boutique hotel to his Sri Lankan portfolio with the opening of KK by George on Leyn Baan Street in Galle Fort. The interior designer opened his first boutique, KK Collection, in Galle Fort in 2015, which sells homeware items, quilted bedding, gifts and contemporary art.
Room rates for luxury suites at the KK Beach hotel start from $300 per night based on two people sharing, and include breakfast. At Kahanda Kanda, suites start from $410 per night based on double occupancy.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....