Melia plans new hotel for Vietnam, the Melia Ho Tram
International hotel chain Melia will open a new beach resort in 2018 in Vietnam’s luxury Hampton's development beside a long stretch of sand in the south-east of the country. The new Melia Ho Tram will feature five-star suites and luxury villas close to all the amenities of this fast-growing tropical holiday destination.
Spanish hotel group Melia Hotels has announced plans for a new resort within the luxury Hamptons development at Vietnam’s rapidly expanding Ho Tram beach area. The five-star beachside hotel is slated to open in the second half of 2018 and will be Melia’s fourth property in the south-east Asian country.
The new Melia Ho Tram will feature 156 high-end hotel suites and 98 luxury villas overlooking Ho Tram’s 14km-long sandy beach located on Vietnam’s south-east coast. The fast-growing beach destination is around two hours’ drive from the capital, Ho Chi Minh City.
The hotel is being incorporated into the Hamptons Ho Tram complex, which was recently awarded Best Hotel Development, Best Hotel Interior Design, and Best Villas Landscape and Architecture at the Vietnam Property Awards.
The surrounding tropical countryside and beach area includes Binh Chau Nature Reserve, the sleepy fishing village of Ho Tram and the luxury casino at Grand Ho Tram Strip. The nearby landscaped Bluffs Golf Course hosted the 2015 Asian PGA Championships and won the World Golf Awards World’s Best New Golf Course in 2015. The area also offers many beachfront restaurants and other leisure and recreational activities.
Commenting on the plans for the new resort, Melia Hotels International’s Senior Vice President for Asia Pacific, Bernardo Cabot Estarellas said:
“We are excited to offer travellers to the Asia Pacific region an unparalleled luxury resort and beachfront living experience.”
The resort will expand Melia’s Hotels and Resorts footprint in Vietnam, which already includes Melia Hanoi, Melia Danang and Sol Beach House Phu Quoc. Estarellas also said:
“The expansion of our Vietnam portfolio in one of the most dynamic regions in the world is strong indication our growth strategy is paying off...”
Melia Hotels & Resorts has 126 hotels and resorts worldwide. It runs 11 hotels in the Asia Pacific region and has a further 23 in the pipeline. The company plans to double its regional portfolio by 2020.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
Combining exciting excursions and activities with the stunning heritage sites of central Vietnam, this trip has it all
Enjoy a beach side retreat with a variety of exciting activities that is also surrounded by three incredible UNESCO sites in the Da Nang area of Vietnam
- Stunning beachside accommodation with a modern Asian influence
- Golf courses designed by golfing legends and professionals a matter of minutes from the resort
- Resort activities including jet skiing, ocean kayaking, Tai Chi and many more
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- Local English-speaking guides in each destination and entrance fees to all the sights mentioned in the itinerary
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
Get under the skin of Vietnam with an adventurous tour taking in the classic sights as well as getting off the beaten track
- Overnight train to Sapa - hike through the hills and meet remote communities
- Overnight cruise down the Mekong River on a converted rice barge with all modern amenities
- Spend the night in Halong Bay and see the sun rise over the remarkable karst landscape (includes meals)
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
An in-depth tour of Vietnam seeing everything that makes the country so marvellous from cruises on the Mekong Delta and...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...