Melia plans new hotel for Vietnam, the Melia Ho Tram
International hotel chain Melia will open a new beach resort in 2018 in Vietnam’s luxury Hampton's development beside a long stretch of sand in the south-east of the country. The new Melia Ho Tram will feature five-star suites and luxury villas close to all the amenities of this fast-growing tropical holiday destination.
Spanish hotel group Melia Hotels has announced plans for a new resort within the luxury Hamptons development at Vietnam’s rapidly expanding Ho Tram beach area. The five-star beachside hotel is slated to open in the second half of 2018 and will be Melia’s fourth property in the south-east Asian country.
The new Melia Ho Tram will feature 156 high-end hotel suites and 98 luxury villas overlooking Ho Tram’s 14km-long sandy beach located on Vietnam’s south-east coast. The fast-growing beach destination is around two hours’ drive from the capital, Ho Chi Minh City.
The hotel is being incorporated into the Hamptons Ho Tram complex, which was recently awarded Best Hotel Development, Best Hotel Interior Design, and Best Villas Landscape and Architecture at the Vietnam Property Awards.
The surrounding tropical countryside and beach area includes Binh Chau Nature Reserve, the sleepy fishing village of Ho Tram and the luxury casino at Grand Ho Tram Strip. The nearby landscaped Bluffs Golf Course hosted the 2015 Asian PGA Championships and won the World Golf Awards World’s Best New Golf Course in 2015. The area also offers many beachfront restaurants and other leisure and recreational activities.
Commenting on the plans for the new resort, Melia Hotels International’s Senior Vice President for Asia Pacific, Bernardo Cabot Estarellas said:
“We are excited to offer travellers to the Asia Pacific region an unparalleled luxury resort and beachfront living experience.”
The resort will expand Melia’s Hotels and Resorts footprint in Vietnam, which already includes Melia Hanoi, Melia Danang and Sol Beach House Phu Quoc. Estarellas also said:
“The expansion of our Vietnam portfolio in one of the most dynamic regions in the world is strong indication our growth strategy is paying off...”
Melia Hotels & Resorts has 126 hotels and resorts worldwide. It runs 11 hotels in the Asia Pacific region and has a further 23 in the pipeline. The company plans to double its regional portfolio by 2020.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Combine the bustling streets of Hanoi with an idyllic beachfront stay in Danang
- Range of water sports available on Non Nuoc Beach
- Complimentary shuttle from the beach to Hoi An and Danang City
- Charming boutique hotel set in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
Explore the juxtaposition of Vietnam’s sprawling cities against blissful tropical island landscapes with this exciting yet luxurious tour
- Luxury accommodation throughout
- Watch the world go by as you cruise through the Mekong Delta
- Ideal beachfront break on the tropical island of Phu Quoc to finish
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
A short walk from the impressive Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral and Saigon opera House, the stylish Muong Thanh Saigon...
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...
Discover the beauty of a superb Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...