Melia plans new hotel for Vietnam, the Melia Ho Tram
International hotel chain Melia will open a new beach resort in 2018 in Vietnam’s luxury Hampton's development beside a long stretch of sand in the south-east of the country. The new Melia Ho Tram will feature five-star suites and luxury villas close to all the amenities of this fast-growing tropical holiday destination.
Spanish hotel group Melia Hotels has announced plans for a new resort within the luxury Hamptons development at Vietnam’s rapidly expanding Ho Tram beach area. The five-star beachside hotel is slated to open in the second half of 2018 and will be Melia’s fourth property in the south-east Asian country.
The new Melia Ho Tram will feature 156 high-end hotel suites and 98 luxury villas overlooking Ho Tram’s 14km-long sandy beach located on Vietnam’s south-east coast. The fast-growing beach destination is around two hours’ drive from the capital, Ho Chi Minh City.
The hotel is being incorporated into the Hamptons Ho Tram complex, which was recently awarded Best Hotel Development, Best Hotel Interior Design, and Best Villas Landscape and Architecture at the Vietnam Property Awards.
The surrounding tropical countryside and beach area includes Binh Chau Nature Reserve, the sleepy fishing village of Ho Tram and the luxury casino at Grand Ho Tram Strip. The nearby landscaped Bluffs Golf Course hosted the 2015 Asian PGA Championships and won the World Golf Awards World’s Best New Golf Course in 2015. The area also offers many beachfront restaurants and other leisure and recreational activities.
Commenting on the plans for the new resort, Melia Hotels International’s Senior Vice President for Asia Pacific, Bernardo Cabot Estarellas said:
“We are excited to offer travellers to the Asia Pacific region an unparalleled luxury resort and beachfront living experience.”
The resort will expand Melia’s Hotels and Resorts footprint in Vietnam, which already includes Melia Hanoi, Melia Danang and Sol Beach House Phu Quoc. Estarellas also said:
“The expansion of our Vietnam portfolio in one of the most dynamic regions in the world is strong indication our growth strategy is paying off...”
Melia Hotels & Resorts has 126 hotels and resorts worldwide. It runs 11 hotels in the Asia Pacific region and has a further 23 in the pipeline. The company plans to double its regional portfolio by 2020.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Feel at one with the surroundings at the beautiful Mango Bay Resort
- Mango Bay has been supporting wildlife at risk (WAR) since 2006, and has even discovered many new species on Phu Quoc Island
- Revitalise your mind, body and spirit with Yoga and Tai Chi on the beach
- Snorkel and scuba dive around the nearby islands with Flipper Diving Club and discover the truly stunning and beautiful world underwater
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- English-speaking guides and entrance fees included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
Join an adventure through Vietnam’s most memorable sights culminating in a tropical island stay
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches and turquoise waters of Phu Quoc tropical island
- Overnight cruise on a traditionally-designed junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Entrance fees for all included sightseeing, meals as per itinerary and local guides included
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches on a tour through the most remarkable...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...