Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica to add 12 more Overwater Bungalows
The popularity of the brand new overwater bungalows at Sandals Royal Caribbean resort in Montego Bay has been so great that Sandals Resorts has announced plans to construct a further 12 to keep up with demand. The first five unique bungalows with glass floors in Jamaica have not yet opened to the public, and will be the first of their kind in the Caribbean. The resort will add 12 more that are scheduled to open in February, 2017.
They are not even open to the public yet, but the first five Caribbean Overwater Bungalows at Sandals Royal Caribbean resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica have been so popular that the resort will construct another 12 to keep up with demand. The first five bungalows will open to guests in November, and will be the first of their kind in the Caribbean.
Named as Over-the-Water Private Island Butler Honeymoon Bungalows, they will each feature glass floor panels and lit water so guests will always have underwater views, as well as private terraces with ‘Tranquillity Soaking Tubs’ and overwater hammocks. The additional 12 bungalows will open to holidaymakers in February, 2017.
The bungalows will have vaulted ceilings and fans, wooden flooring, custom-made king-size beds, separate living areas, bathrooms with walk-in rain showers, and modern amenities including flat-screen smart TVs in the bedroom and living area, minibars, and more.
Outside, guests can relax on sun decks, eat in the dining area, or cool off under the outdoor shower. Guests can enjoy the service of a dedicated butler, and they will be transported to their bungalows to and from the resort via water taxi.
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island is one of Jamaica’s most luxurious hotels, positioned on a private, offshore island near Montego Bay. The resort has high end accommodation and facilities, and guests receive a high level of service during their stay from a team of private butlers and dedicated staff.
The resorts offers a variety of beachfront and ocean view Luxury Level, Club Level and Butler Level guest suites, that feature luxurious furnishings and decor, plus modern amenities such as four-poster beds, 42-inch plasma TVs, refrigerators, large balconies or patios, air conditioning, coffee makers and i-Home docking stations.
During their stay, holidaymakers can unwind at the hotel group’s signature Red Lane Spa with its wide range of treatments, plunge pools and relaxation areas, or work out at the modern fitness centre or on the tennis courts. There are six swimming pools and five whirlpools, and guests can take part in yoga and Pilates classes, or activities including snorkelling, scuba diving, paddle boarding, kayaking, water skiing, or tubing.
The resort’s eight gourmet restaurants serve diverse international cuisine within stylish indoor and outdoor settings, and the bars and lounges have a wide range of cocktails, wines, coffees and premium spirits. At night, guests can enjoy beach parties, live music or entertainment in the amphitheatre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks at a choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Incredible Savings of up to 50%, book and save up to £800 per person!
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...