Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica to add 12 more Overwater Bungalows
The popularity of the brand new overwater bungalows at Sandals Royal Caribbean resort in Montego Bay has been so great that Sandals Resorts has announced plans to construct a further 12 to keep up with demand. The first five unique bungalows with glass floors in Jamaica have not yet opened to the public, and will be the first of their kind in the Caribbean. The resort will add 12 more that are scheduled to open in February, 2017.
They are not even open to the public yet, but the first five Caribbean Overwater Bungalows at Sandals Royal Caribbean resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica have been so popular that the resort will construct another 12 to keep up with demand. The first five bungalows will open to guests in November, and will be the first of their kind in the Caribbean.
Named as Over-the-Water Private Island Butler Honeymoon Bungalows, they will each feature glass floor panels and lit water so guests will always have underwater views, as well as private terraces with ‘Tranquillity Soaking Tubs’ and overwater hammocks. The additional 12 bungalows will open to holidaymakers in February, 2017.
The bungalows will have vaulted ceilings and fans, wooden flooring, custom-made king-size beds, separate living areas, bathrooms with walk-in rain showers, and modern amenities including flat-screen smart TVs in the bedroom and living area, minibars, and more.
Outside, guests can relax on sun decks, eat in the dining area, or cool off under the outdoor shower. Guests can enjoy the service of a dedicated butler, and they will be transported to their bungalows to and from the resort via water taxi.
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island is one of Jamaica’s most luxurious hotels, positioned on a private, offshore island near Montego Bay. The resort has high end accommodation and facilities, and guests receive a high level of service during their stay from a team of private butlers and dedicated staff.
The resorts offers a variety of beachfront and ocean view Luxury Level, Club Level and Butler Level guest suites, that feature luxurious furnishings and decor, plus modern amenities such as four-poster beds, 42-inch plasma TVs, refrigerators, large balconies or patios, air conditioning, coffee makers and i-Home docking stations.
During their stay, holidaymakers can unwind at the hotel group’s signature Red Lane Spa with its wide range of treatments, plunge pools and relaxation areas, or work out at the modern fitness centre or on the tennis courts. There are six swimming pools and five whirlpools, and guests can take part in yoga and Pilates classes, or activities including snorkelling, scuba diving, paddle boarding, kayaking, water skiing, or tubing.
The resort’s eight gourmet restaurants serve diverse international cuisine within stylish indoor and outdoor settings, and the bars and lounges have a wide range of cocktails, wines, coffees and premium spirits. At night, guests can enjoy beach parties, live music or entertainment in the amphitheatre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- 2 Kids 14 and under stay and play free
- Famous for Watersports available on the beach plus a selection of other activities like the championship golf course
- Choose from the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills from fine dining or casual
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...