Soneva Jani eco-resort to open in the Maldives in October
Soneva will be launching a new hotel in the Maldives in October, 2016, with the opening of Soneva Jani. Located on the island of Medhufaru in the Noonu Atoll, the resort will have 24 overwater villas and one island villa, and all accommodation will have private pools and guests will have direct access to the surrounding waters of the sparkling turquoise lagoon.
Soneva will open its latest property in the Maldives this October on the island of Medhufaru. Soneva Jani will be set within a 5.6-kilometre lagoon in the uninhabited Noonu Atoll. The luxury resort has 24 overwater villas and one island villa, and there are plans to launch more island villas in the near future. There are also opportunities for people to purchase their very own villa at the island retreat.
All of the villas have private pools and offer access to their own part of the surrounding lagoon, and some water villas have slides where guests can access the sea from the top of their deck. One of the biggest highlights of all villas, is the retractable roof in the master bedroom, where guests can lie and watch the stars from the comfort of their bed. The roofs are made from sustainable materials, function with the touch of a button, and have sensors that allow them to automatically close if it rains.
Sonu Shivdasani, the Founder and CEO of Soneva, stated:
"We live in an ever more crowded and developed world. Soneva Jani is one of the lowest density resorts in the world. Just 25 villas are built in an area that stretches nearly five kilometres. When designing and building Soneva Jani, I was very mindful that when we open, the area should seem as natural and beautiful as the first day I laid eyes on it.”
Guests can enjoy a range of facilities at Soneva Jani, including a children’s den, an observatory, and a lavish spa. There will be an outdoor Cinema Paradiso where guests will have Bluetooth earphones so they will not disturb the nearby wildlife. There will also be a dive centre where tourists can explore the vibrant underwater world of the lagoon.
In adittion, international cuisine will be served at five restaurants within an outdoor or indoor setting, and guests will have complimentary access to Soneva’s cheese, chocolate, ice-cream and charcuterie rooms. Produce and ingredients for the restaurants will be grown at the resort’s onsite organic gardens.
The luxury resort has been built with the local environment in mind, and water villas have been built over the sandy bed of the lagoon, rather than the fragile reef. The pools use seawater with UV filtration systems, solar panels are used to generate electricity, and at the Eco-Centro Waste-to-Wealth centre, all waste is recycled and managed.
Ownership prices for the villas start from USD $3 million, and are sold on a renewable leasehold basis. Holidaymakers will pay between $1,800 and $30,000 per night, and owner can have their villas managed through a rental programme.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Kick back and relax with plenty on offer to help you along the way at Reethi Beach Resort.
- Only 15% of the island is built upon, with lush vegetation, natural shorelines and stunning landscapes making up the rest
- The Water Sports Centre has all types of water sport covered whilst the Sports Centre on land covers tennis, badminton, squash, gym and table tennis
- Enjoy two fantastic excursions per person per week to Kam Adhoo and Kihadhoo and a Sunset Dhoni Cruise on selected dates
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....