Soneva Jani eco-resort to open in the Maldives in October
Soneva will be launching a new hotel in the Maldives in October, 2016, with the opening of Soneva Jani. Located on the island of Medhufaru in the Noonu Atoll, the resort will have 24 overwater villas and one island villa, and all accommodation will have private pools and guests will have direct access to the surrounding waters of the sparkling turquoise lagoon.
Soneva will open its latest property in the Maldives this October on the island of Medhufaru. Soneva Jani will be set within a 5.6-kilometre lagoon in the uninhabited Noonu Atoll. The luxury resort has 24 overwater villas and one island villa, and there are plans to launch more island villas in the near future. There are also opportunities for people to purchase their very own villa at the island retreat.
All of the villas have private pools and offer access to their own part of the surrounding lagoon, and some water villas have slides where guests can access the sea from the top of their deck. One of the biggest highlights of all villas, is the retractable roof in the master bedroom, where guests can lie and watch the stars from the comfort of their bed. The roofs are made from sustainable materials, function with the touch of a button, and have sensors that allow them to automatically close if it rains.
Sonu Shivdasani, the Founder and CEO of Soneva, stated:
"We live in an ever more crowded and developed world. Soneva Jani is one of the lowest density resorts in the world. Just 25 villas are built in an area that stretches nearly five kilometres. When designing and building Soneva Jani, I was very mindful that when we open, the area should seem as natural and beautiful as the first day I laid eyes on it.”
Guests can enjoy a range of facilities at Soneva Jani, including a children’s den, an observatory, and a lavish spa. There will be an outdoor Cinema Paradiso where guests will have Bluetooth earphones so they will not disturb the nearby wildlife. There will also be a dive centre where tourists can explore the vibrant underwater world of the lagoon.
In adittion, international cuisine will be served at five restaurants within an outdoor or indoor setting, and guests will have complimentary access to Soneva’s cheese, chocolate, ice-cream and charcuterie rooms. Produce and ingredients for the restaurants will be grown at the resort’s onsite organic gardens.
The luxury resort has been built with the local environment in mind, and water villas have been built over the sandy bed of the lagoon, rather than the fragile reef. The pools use seawater with UV filtration systems, solar panels are used to generate electricity, and at the Eco-Centro Waste-to-Wealth centre, all waste is recycled and managed.
Ownership prices for the villas start from USD $3 million, and are sold on a renewable leasehold basis. Holidaymakers will pay between $1,800 and $30,000 per night, and owner can have their villas managed through a rental programme.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...