Soneva Jani eco-resort to open in the Maldives in October
Soneva will be launching a new hotel in the Maldives in October, 2016, with the opening of Soneva Jani. Located on the island of Medhufaru in the Noonu Atoll, the resort will have 24 overwater villas and one island villa, and all accommodation will have private pools and guests will have direct access to the surrounding waters of the sparkling turquoise lagoon.
Soneva will open its latest property in the Maldives this October on the island of Medhufaru. Soneva Jani will be set within a 5.6-kilometre lagoon in the uninhabited Noonu Atoll. The luxury resort has 24 overwater villas and one island villa, and there are plans to launch more island villas in the near future. There are also opportunities for people to purchase their very own villa at the island retreat.
All of the villas have private pools and offer access to their own part of the surrounding lagoon, and some water villas have slides where guests can access the sea from the top of their deck. One of the biggest highlights of all villas, is the retractable roof in the master bedroom, where guests can lie and watch the stars from the comfort of their bed. The roofs are made from sustainable materials, function with the touch of a button, and have sensors that allow them to automatically close if it rains.
Sonu Shivdasani, the Founder and CEO of Soneva, stated:
"We live in an ever more crowded and developed world. Soneva Jani is one of the lowest density resorts in the world. Just 25 villas are built in an area that stretches nearly five kilometres. When designing and building Soneva Jani, I was very mindful that when we open, the area should seem as natural and beautiful as the first day I laid eyes on it.”
Guests can enjoy a range of facilities at Soneva Jani, including a children’s den, an observatory, and a lavish spa. There will be an outdoor Cinema Paradiso where guests will have Bluetooth earphones so they will not disturb the nearby wildlife. There will also be a dive centre where tourists can explore the vibrant underwater world of the lagoon.
In adittion, international cuisine will be served at five restaurants within an outdoor or indoor setting, and guests will have complimentary access to Soneva’s cheese, chocolate, ice-cream and charcuterie rooms. Produce and ingredients for the restaurants will be grown at the resort’s onsite organic gardens.
The luxury resort has been built with the local environment in mind, and water villas have been built over the sandy bed of the lagoon, rather than the fragile reef. The pools use seawater with UV filtration systems, solar panels are used to generate electricity, and at the Eco-Centro Waste-to-Wealth centre, all waste is recycled and managed.
Ownership prices for the villas start from USD $3 million, and are sold on a renewable leasehold basis. Holidaymakers will pay between $1,800 and $30,000 per night, and owner can have their villas managed through a rental programme.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream with the added royal treatment
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on a secluded private island of Dhuni Kolhu, the hotel is a tropical paradise with white sandy beaches and...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...