Marriott International opens first hotel in Abu Dhabi: The Marriott Hotel Downtown Abu Dhabi
Marriott International has launched its first hotel in Abu Dhabi with Marriott Executive Apartments, with the opening of Marriott Hotel Downtown Abu Dhabi last week. Located next to the Al Wahda Mall, the new hotel has 315 guest rooms and suites, and facilities include the JW Steakhouse and two-level Velocity restaurant, a luxury spa and a rooftop swimming pool and bar.
The global hotel group Marriot International has announced the opening of its first hotel in Abu Dhabi with Marriott Executive Apartments.
The Marriott Hotel Downtown Abu Dhabi opened last week, and is situated on the corner of Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed near the Al Wahda Mall, the new property has 315 guest rooms and luxury suites including Executive one-bed suites, Presidential Suites and a Royal Suite, there are also 64 one, two and three-bedroom business fully equipped apartments for business executives staying for 30 days or more.
Residents staying in the Marriott Executive Apartments (MEA) will have access to their own swimming pool, fitness centre and executive lounge. Accommodation in rooms and suites offers modern amenities including work desks with power sockets, USB points, TV connectivity, laptop safes, large LCD TVs and high speed Internet. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows, minibars, and bathrooms with separate bath tubs.
Guests will have a choice of dining options including the JW Steakhouse, the Kuzbara with Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine, and the two-level Velocity restaurant. Wellness facilities include a modern fitness centre, a rooftop swimming pool with bar, a children’s pool, and the lavish Saray Spa. For business guests, the hotel has naturally lit meeting rooms, breakout areas with sofa seating. The 522 square metre Grand Ballroom, and 300 square-metre ballroom cater for galas, special events and conferences.
Marriott Hotel Downtown Abu Dhabi is conveniently located just 10 minutes from Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre and 25 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH). During their stay, travellers can enjoy access to a wide range of Abu Dhabi’s attractions, such as Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall, and the city’s waterfront, golden beaches and championship golf courses.
The new hotel follows the success of the Courtyard World Trade Centre Abu Dhabi which opened last year. The upscale hotel adjoins the World Trade Centre Mall and Souk and has gourmet restaurants, an outdoor heated swimming pool, and a rooftop bar called Up and Below.
Marriott International operates over 3,600 hotels and resorts across more than 70 countries in Europe, America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. The company’s brands including Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Ritz-Carlton, BULGARI Hotels & Resorts, Autograph Hotels & Resorts, and Edition Hotels.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Unwind and be pampered at a luxurious beachside retreat in the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, on Abu Dhabi's Corniche.
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Upgrade your experience and book a room including tickets to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Direct connection to Al Raha Mall for the perfect shopping experience
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover two destination in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the marina shopping mall
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...