Four Points by Sheraton bets big on Indonesia
Four Points by Sheraton, a brand under the Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide umbrella, has been aggressively pursuing its growth strategy in Indonesia. Buoyed by the Indonesian government’s commitment to growing its tourism industry, Four Points by Sheraton has launched six hotels in just over one year, with a further three hotels in the pipeline.
Four Points by Sheraton is betting big on Indonesia as an upcoming holiday destination. In just over one year the Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide brand has launched six hotels in Indonesia including the Four Points by Sheraton Jakarta, Thamrin recently opened on the 15th August 2016.
The other five properties are in equally enviable locations including Surabaya, Bandung, Makassar and Bali. In an effort to further cement its position in the southeast Asian destination, the brand has also announced plans to launch an additional three hotels- one in Manado scheduled to open in 2017 and two due to open in 2018, one in Bintan and another in Bali.
Speaking about Starwood Hotels & Resorts Asia Pacific’s aggressive growth strategy in Indonesia Vincent Ong, senior director, brand management stated:
“We are proud of the immense growth of the (brand) across Asia-Pacific and especially in Indonesia in recent times. Indonesia features our strongest footprint of the brand across South-east Asia and we are confident with its uncomplicated and honest brand positioning, the demand will continue to accelerate.”
Mr Ong also highlighted the fact that his firm has been encouraged by the Indonesian government’s commitment to growing its tourism industry in an effort to diversify its economy and reduce the dependence on exports of raw commodities. The Indonesian government has set itself a goal of attracting as many as 20 million visitors by 2019- an ambitious target considering the fact that this is more than double the number of visitors to Indonesia in 2015, which stood at 9.73 million.
Recent statistics however, show a promising trend that could see Indonesia realise its goals. At the end of August, the Indonesian statistics bureau announced that 931,694 foreign travellers took holidays in Indonesia, a 20.13 per cent increase over the same period last year. Notably this was a more significant annual increase than that recorded for the month of June when foreign arrivals increased by only 0.78 per cent year on year. In the month of July 2016 arrivals China was the largest source market and had an increase of nearly 60 per cent year on year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...