Four Points by Sheraton bets big on Indonesia
Four Points by Sheraton, a brand under the Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide umbrella, has been aggressively pursuing its growth strategy in Indonesia. Buoyed by the Indonesian government’s commitment to growing its tourism industry, Four Points by Sheraton has launched six hotels in just over one year, with a further three hotels in the pipeline.
Four Points by Sheraton is betting big on Indonesia as an upcoming holiday destination. In just over one year the Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide brand has launched six hotels in Indonesia including the Four Points by Sheraton Jakarta, Thamrin recently opened on the 15th August 2016.
The other five properties are in equally enviable locations including Surabaya, Bandung, Makassar and Bali. In an effort to further cement its position in the southeast Asian destination, the brand has also announced plans to launch an additional three hotels- one in Manado scheduled to open in 2017 and two due to open in 2018, one in Bintan and another in Bali.
Speaking about Starwood Hotels & Resorts Asia Pacific’s aggressive growth strategy in Indonesia Vincent Ong, senior director, brand management stated:
“We are proud of the immense growth of the (brand) across Asia-Pacific and especially in Indonesia in recent times. Indonesia features our strongest footprint of the brand across South-east Asia and we are confident with its uncomplicated and honest brand positioning, the demand will continue to accelerate.”
Mr Ong also highlighted the fact that his firm has been encouraged by the Indonesian government’s commitment to growing its tourism industry in an effort to diversify its economy and reduce the dependence on exports of raw commodities. The Indonesian government has set itself a goal of attracting as many as 20 million visitors by 2019- an ambitious target considering the fact that this is more than double the number of visitors to Indonesia in 2015, which stood at 9.73 million.
Recent statistics however, show a promising trend that could see Indonesia realise its goals. At the end of August, the Indonesian statistics bureau announced that 931,694 foreign travellers took holidays in Indonesia, a 20.13 per cent increase over the same period last year. Notably this was a more significant annual increase than that recorded for the month of June when foreign arrivals increased by only 0.78 per cent year on year. In the month of July 2016 arrivals China was the largest source market and had an increase of nearly 60 per cent year on year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...