Prince Harry to return to Barbados this autumn as part of official Caribbean tour
Prince Harry is set to return to the island of Barbados as part of a seven-leg Caribbean tour this autumn. The Royal will plan his trip in line with the 50th Anniversary of Independence for Barbados, and he will return to the tropical island where he danced calypso on stage during a charity concert and met dignitaries and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho in January, 2010.
Kensington Palace has announced that Prince Harry will return to Barbados this autumn, six years after his last visit. The prince will visit Barbados as part of an official royal seven-leg Caribbean tour and to mark the island’s the 35th anniversary of Independence.
Harry last visited Barbados in January, 2010 where he danced calypso on the stage at a charity fundraising concert for Haiti with Prince Seeiso of Lesotho, and attended a charity polo match.
In a statement from Kensington Palace, officials wrote:
“His Royal Highness will visit Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Grenada, Guyana, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, and St Vincent and the Grenadines. The visit falls on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of Independence for Barbados, the 50th Anniversary of Independence for Guyana, and the 35th Anniversary of Independence for Antigua and Barbuda.”
During his last trip to Barbados, Prince Harry took part in a polo match where he was thrown to the ground by his horse, The Royal threw down his mallet in anger, but it was later revealed that a generous business man had bet him $100,000 donation to the Sentebale children’s charity if he didn’t fall off his horse. Fortunately, the businessman stuck to his agreement after saying Harry didn’t fall off the horse, the horse fell with Harry on it.
Barbados is located in the eastern Caribbean and a popular holiday destination for travellers from all over the world. Measuring just 21 miles in length and 14 miles in width, the small island has been a hotspot for celebrity homes, with the likes of Simon Cowell, Cliff Richards and the late Cilla Black, all buying luxury residences there.
Holidaymakers can enjoy plenty of activities such as hiking through verdant nature reserves including the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary; shopping in upscale boutiques and wandering around traditional craft markets; or taking guided tours around the historic towns of Holetown, Speightstown, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bridgetown. For natural wonders, Harrison’s Cave is hotspot, and the Andromeda Gardens are home to diverse tropical wildlife and colourful flora and fauna.
The turquoise sea offers fantastic scuba diving and snorkelling conditions with warm, crystal-clear water and vibrant coral reefs and thousands of marine creatures. Tourists can relax on the white sand beaches under swaying palm trees, before taking a dip in the ocean or enjoying kayaking or sailing activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Exclusive last minute DOUBLE FREE room upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Suite as seen on Secret Escapes
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...