New General Manager appointed for Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort
John Allanson has been appointed by the Outrigger Enterprises Group as the new General Manager of Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort. Allanson brings 30 years of experience in hotel and resort management to the role, after working at various high end properties in the Maldives, the UK and Vietnam. The luxury resort is located on a private island in the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll, surrounded by the turquoise sea.
A new general manager has been appointed at the Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort. John Allanson will join the team at the luxury resort on a private island in the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll.
Allanson will bring 30 years of hotel management experience to the Maldives resort, after working for upscale properties in the UK, Maldives and Vietnam. The UK-born manager was previously the general manager of Six Senses Con Dao Resort & Spa on Con Dao Island, Vietnam, and he spent two years as the resort manager of Six Senses Laamu Resort & Spa in the Maldives.
Paul Richardson, the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the Outrigger Enterprises Group, commented:
“John’s leadership in hotel and resort operations in Asia and UK will help Outrigger take our acclaimed hotel operations in the Maldives from good to great.”
Located 31 miles north of the equator, and 211 miles from the capital of the Maldives Male, Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort sits on an idyllic island surrounded by the turquoise Indian Ocean. The luxury beachfront resort has 53 villas made up of 24 Beach Pool Villas, seven Two-Bedroom Pool Villas, 21 Ocean Pool Villas, and the 600-square-metre Presidential Villa, all with private swimming pools. The Grand Konotta Villa has three bedrooms and floor-to-ceiling windows, and guests can relax on a large private sun deck or take a dip in the infinity pool that overlooks the sea.
Guests can enjoy high end facilities including a 25-meter pool, a kid’s pool, a modern fitness centre, the Outrigger Navasana Spa, an onsite scuba diving centre, the reef adventure centre, a kids club, a relaxation zone, and a boutique. The all-day Blue Salt restaurant, Nala Rah grill restaurant and Raw Bar offer excellent gourmet cuisine as well as views of the ocean, while The Deck bar and Poolside provide an al fresco setting and a wide range of food and drinks.
During their stay, guests can relax on the white sand beach, replenish with yoga and Pilates classes, or take part in fun snorkelling and stand-up paddle boarding activities. The scuba diving centre allows guest to explore the magnificent underwater world with the help of professional diving instructors, where they can catch sightings of colourful coral reefs and vibrant marine species.
Outrigger Hotels and Resorts manages a selection of high end properties throughout the Asia-Pacific region, Thailand, China and Vietnam. The Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort opened to guests in August, 2015.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...