Madonna celebrates 58th birthday with a mini-break in Havana, Cuba
Pop superstar Madonna celebrated her 58th birthday with a mini-break in Cuba last week. The singer stayed at the Hotel Saratoga in Havana with a group of friends and family and was photographed having dinner and cocktails at La Guarida restaurant. Taking to the streets of the city with her half-Cuban daughter Lourdes Leon, Madonna shared photos of her trip on Twitter.
Pop star Madonna celebrated her 58th birthday with a few authentic Cuba Libre cocktails last week as she headed to Cuba for the festivities. The singer stayed at the Hotel Saratoga in Havana, which was also the chosen accommodation for Beyonce and Jay Z during their visit in 2013.
Madonna shared pictures on Twitter of her enjoying her birthday with friends at the La Guarida restaurant. She uploaded a photo of the group enjoying cocktails writing "Pina Coladas in Loma del Angel!" on the tweet.
The "Material Girl" songstress shared her birthday celebrations with her actor friends Debi Mazar and Rosie O'Donnell, her daughter Lourdes Leon, whose father is Cuban, and her son Rocco Ritchie. The group all dressed in white for the celebration and they enjoyed live music and dancing on the terrace of the restaurant.
During her three-day birthday break, Madonna explored the historic streets of Havana with Lourdes, snapping photos of her with the caption "La Cubanita es Bonita", and sharing photos of a classic vintage car. Despite the recent heated custody battle of her 16-year-old son Rocco with ex-husband Guy Ritchie, it seems mother and son have now restored relations after the singer shared a video of them dancing and laughing in La Vitrola bar, writing "Family Mambo Cuban Style!".
Hotel Saratoga is located in the city’s Old Town overlooking the majestic Capitolio, and it is one of the oldest hotels in Havana. Once frequented by artists, writers and socialites in the 1930s, the luxury hotel deteriorated after Fidel Castro's revolution and it has only recently been restored to its former glory.
The hotel features a large atrium lobby with classic 1030s Cuban decor, and a rooftop swimming pool with views looking out over the vibrant city. The guest rooms and suites have floor-to-ceiling French windows with wrought-iron balconies and wooden shutters, and modern in-room amenities include Internet, minibars, TVs with satellite channels, DVD players, sofas, and bathrooms with colonial tubs and separate showers.
Guests can savour Italian, Cuban and international cuisine in the hotel’s two gourmet restaurants, or relax with zingy cocktails, wines, or premium spirits in the two stylish bars. The spa has a Jacuzzi and a wide range of treatments including massages, reflexology, facials, and anti-stress therapies. There’s also a gym for those who want to keep fit during their stay, and a business centre and two meeting rooms for business travellers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...