Madonna celebrates 58th birthday with a mini-break in Havana, Cuba
Pop superstar Madonna celebrated her 58th birthday with a mini-break in Cuba last week. The singer stayed at the Hotel Saratoga in Havana with a group of friends and family and was photographed having dinner and cocktails at La Guarida restaurant. Taking to the streets of the city with her half-Cuban daughter Lourdes Leon, Madonna shared photos of her trip on Twitter.
Pop star Madonna celebrated her 58th birthday with a few authentic Cuba Libre cocktails last week as she headed to Cuba for the festivities. The singer stayed at the Hotel Saratoga in Havana, which was also the chosen accommodation for Beyonce and Jay Z during their visit in 2013.
Madonna shared pictures on Twitter of her enjoying her birthday with friends at the La Guarida restaurant. She uploaded a photo of the group enjoying cocktails writing "Pina Coladas in Loma del Angel!" on the tweet.
The "Material Girl" songstress shared her birthday celebrations with her actor friends Debi Mazar and Rosie O'Donnell, her daughter Lourdes Leon, whose father is Cuban, and her son Rocco Ritchie. The group all dressed in white for the celebration and they enjoyed live music and dancing on the terrace of the restaurant.
During her three-day birthday break, Madonna explored the historic streets of Havana with Lourdes, snapping photos of her with the caption "La Cubanita es Bonita", and sharing photos of a classic vintage car. Despite the recent heated custody battle of her 16-year-old son Rocco with ex-husband Guy Ritchie, it seems mother and son have now restored relations after the singer shared a video of them dancing and laughing in La Vitrola bar, writing "Family Mambo Cuban Style!".
Hotel Saratoga is located in the city’s Old Town overlooking the majestic Capitolio, and it is one of the oldest hotels in Havana. Once frequented by artists, writers and socialites in the 1930s, the luxury hotel deteriorated after Fidel Castro's revolution and it has only recently been restored to its former glory.
The hotel features a large atrium lobby with classic 1030s Cuban decor, and a rooftop swimming pool with views looking out over the vibrant city. The guest rooms and suites have floor-to-ceiling French windows with wrought-iron balconies and wooden shutters, and modern in-room amenities include Internet, minibars, TVs with satellite channels, DVD players, sofas, and bathrooms with colonial tubs and separate showers.
Guests can savour Italian, Cuban and international cuisine in the hotel’s two gourmet restaurants, or relax with zingy cocktails, wines, or premium spirits in the two stylish bars. The spa has a Jacuzzi and a wide range of treatments including massages, reflexology, facials, and anti-stress therapies. There’s also a gym for those who want to keep fit during their stay, and a business centre and two meeting rooms for business travellers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...