Elegant Hotels launches its 6th hotel in Barbados with opening of Waves Hotel and Spa
Elegant Hotels has announced the opening of its newest property in Barbados, the Waves Hotel and Spa, following a renovation project. Located on 1.8 acres of land on the west coast of Barbados, the luxury hotel has 70 guest rooms, as well as two swimming pools, a fitness centre, a spa with eight treatment rooms, two restaurants, a coffee shop and a bar.
Elegant Hotels has added a new property to its Caribbean portfolio after announcing the opening of the new Waves Hotel and Spa in Barbados. The luxury property sits on the beachfront on the west coast of the island, also known as the Platinum coast due to its white sandy beaches.
The Elegant Hotels Group acquired the hotel in March this year for US$18 million, and it underwent renovations and upgrades before it opened to the public earlier this month. The all-inclusive hotel sits on 1.8 acres of land on a beachfront cliff in St James parish, and it will be an "eco-chic wellness hotel". Sunil Chatrani, the Chief executive of the Elegant Hotels Group, stated:
"We are thrilled to have officially opened the doors of Waves to visitors, and are extremely pleased with the early feedback that we have received from customers and travel agents alike. I am very proud of what the team has achieved in realising the vision that we had for the property and we look forward to welcoming guests to what we believe is now one of the most attractive and desirable sites in Barbados."
The boutique hotel has 70 guest rooms, including 43 rooms with views of the sea and most with private balconies or patios. The accommodation features modern amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi, mini-fridges with water, 47-inch flat screen TVs, Bluetooth speakers, multi-device chargers, bathrobes, yoga mats, tea making facilities, and electronic safes.
The all-inclusive experience offers guests up to four spa treatments per guest per stay; fitness classes including Yoga and Pilates; Water Taxi to select sister properties: Beach & Pool Ambassador service three rounds of golf in 2016 at Barbados South Coast Golf Club, including transfers & clubs: motorised and non-motorised water sports; and the Dine Around Programme at other Elegant Hotels.
In addittion, facilities at the four-star hotel include two gourmet restaurants with Mediterranean and Asian Fusion menus, the coffee bar and deli, Kyma, with “grab n go snacks” and refreshments, two swimming pools and a fitness centre. Waves Hotel and Spa is the first in the Elegant Hotels collection to offer a full spa experience. The property has eight spa treatment rooms with a variety of therapies and treatments including wraps, facials, scrubs, massages, plus a unique tropical frangipani salt glow massage that uses native ingredients.
Elegant Hotels Group owns and operates six hotels in Barbados, plus the beachfront Daphne’s restaurant which is sister to Daphne’s restaurant in London. The group’s hotels include Turtle Beach, Crystal Cove, The House, Tamarind and Colony Club.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Free room upgrade to next available room
- Savings of upto 45% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Take a step back from day-to-day life and submerge in the peace and tranquillity that can be found at the fantastic...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...