Elegant Hotels launches its 6th hotel in Barbados with opening of Waves Hotel and Spa
Elegant Hotels has announced the opening of its newest property in Barbados, the Waves Hotel and Spa, following a renovation project. Located on 1.8 acres of land on the west coast of Barbados, the luxury hotel has 70 guest rooms, as well as two swimming pools, a fitness centre, a spa with eight treatment rooms, two restaurants, a coffee shop and a bar.
Elegant Hotels has added a new property to its Caribbean portfolio after announcing the opening of the new Waves Hotel and Spa in Barbados. The luxury property sits on the beachfront on the west coast of the island, also known as the Platinum coast due to its white sandy beaches.
The Elegant Hotels Group acquired the hotel in March this year for US$18 million, and it underwent renovations and upgrades before it opened to the public earlier this month. The all-inclusive hotel sits on 1.8 acres of land on a beachfront cliff in St James parish, and it will be an "eco-chic wellness hotel". Sunil Chatrani, the Chief executive of the Elegant Hotels Group, stated:
"We are thrilled to have officially opened the doors of Waves to visitors, and are extremely pleased with the early feedback that we have received from customers and travel agents alike. I am very proud of what the team has achieved in realising the vision that we had for the property and we look forward to welcoming guests to what we believe is now one of the most attractive and desirable sites in Barbados."
The boutique hotel has 70 guest rooms, including 43 rooms with views of the sea and most with private balconies or patios. The accommodation features modern amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi, mini-fridges with water, 47-inch flat screen TVs, Bluetooth speakers, multi-device chargers, bathrobes, yoga mats, tea making facilities, and electronic safes.
The all-inclusive experience offers guests up to four spa treatments per guest per stay; fitness classes including Yoga and Pilates; Water Taxi to select sister properties: Beach & Pool Ambassador service three rounds of golf in 2016 at Barbados South Coast Golf Club, including transfers & clubs: motorised and non-motorised water sports; and the Dine Around Programme at other Elegant Hotels.
In addittion, facilities at the four-star hotel include two gourmet restaurants with Mediterranean and Asian Fusion menus, the coffee bar and deli, Kyma, with “grab n go snacks” and refreshments, two swimming pools and a fitness centre. Waves Hotel and Spa is the first in the Elegant Hotels collection to offer a full spa experience. The property has eight spa treatment rooms with a variety of therapies and treatments including wraps, facials, scrubs, massages, plus a unique tropical frangipani salt glow massage that uses native ingredients.
Elegant Hotels Group owns and operates six hotels in Barbados, plus the beachfront Daphne’s restaurant which is sister to Daphne’s restaurant in London. The group’s hotels include Turtle Beach, Crystal Cove, The House, Tamarind and Colony Club.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- New Special offer! Discounted Rates plus come check out the upgraded in room facilities!
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- NEW! From October 2017 Enjoy complimentary daily* rounds of Golf with round trip transportation and clubs are included
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...