RIU Hotels and Resorts marks debut in Asia with launch of the new Riu Sri Lanka
RIU Hotels and Resorts has announced the opening of a new five-star hotel in Sri Lanka. The beachfront Riu Sri Lanka opened to guests earlier this month in Ahungalla on the south coast of the island, and has 500 guest rooms with balconies, plus upscale facilities including three swimming pools, a Kid's Club, a nightclub, gourmet restaurants, and the Renova Spa wellness centre.
RIU Hotels and Resorts has made its debut in Asia with the launch of a new five-star hotel in Sri Lanka. The hotel group opened Riu Sri Lanka earlier this month in Ahungalla on the south east coast of the island.
The new hotel offers a 24-hour all-inclusive experience for guests and is located on a golden stretch of beach. With 500 guest rooms and suites boasting private balconies or terraces, guests can enjoy beautiful views of the sparking azure ocean, as well as modern amenities including air conditioning, free wireless internet, minibars, and satellite TV.
In addittion, facilities at the property include three swimming pools with a swim-up bar, a children’s pool, a jacuzzi, RiuLand Kid’s Club with fun activities, four bars, the Pacha Karaoke nightclub, a modern fitness centre, and the Renova Spa with treatment rooms, hydromassage bath, steam bath, and beauty salon. Dining options at the all-inclusive resort include buffet-style and themed restaurants serving Italian, Asian, and local Sri Lankan specialities in indoor and outdoor settings.
During their stay, guests can unwind in the sunshine on comfortable loungers on the ocean-facing sun terrace, play games on the soft sandy beach. There are a variety of fun water sports to enjoy in the warm sea such as kayaking, swimming, snorkelling and more.
Located in the Galle district of Sri Lanka, Ahungalla is a small coastal town positioned approximately nine miles from Bentota where tourists will find beautiful beaches fringed by dense coconut palms, cafes, and shops selling handicrafts. The teardrop-shaped island nation of Sri Lanka is situated in the Indian Ocean and a popular destination for sun-seekers and nature lovers. The island is home to miles of pristine beaches, dense jungles, green-sloped mountains, historic UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and colonial forts.
RIU Hotels & Resorts is a family-run Spanish hotel chain with more than 100 hotels in 16 countries across the globe. Following the launch of Riu Sri Lanka, the hotel group is planning to open three more hotels in Asia between 2018 and 2019. The first project will be in the Maldives, with the launch of two hotels that offer a total of 422 rooms and suites perched above the water. RIU will also debut in the United Arab Emirates in 2019 with a new hotel on the Deira Islands in Dubai. It will be the hotel company’s largest ever hotel with 750 rooms and 24 hour all-inclusive service.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Mount Lavinia is one of Sri Lanka's oldest hotel and with its impressive 200 plus years of heritage it has...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...