RIU Hotels and Resorts marks debut in Asia with launch of the new Riu Sri Lanka
RIU Hotels and Resorts has announced the opening of a new five-star hotel in Sri Lanka. The beachfront Riu Sri Lanka opened to guests earlier this month in Ahungalla on the south coast of the island, and has 500 guest rooms with balconies, plus upscale facilities including three swimming pools, a Kid's Club, a nightclub, gourmet restaurants, and the Renova Spa wellness centre.
RIU Hotels and Resorts has made its debut in Asia with the launch of a new five-star hotel in Sri Lanka. The hotel group opened Riu Sri Lanka earlier this month in Ahungalla on the south east coast of the island.
The new hotel offers a 24-hour all-inclusive experience for guests and is located on a golden stretch of beach. With 500 guest rooms and suites boasting private balconies or terraces, guests can enjoy beautiful views of the sparking azure ocean, as well as modern amenities including air conditioning, free wireless internet, minibars, and satellite TV.
In addittion, facilities at the property include three swimming pools with a swim-up bar, a children’s pool, a jacuzzi, RiuLand Kid’s Club with fun activities, four bars, the Pacha Karaoke nightclub, a modern fitness centre, and the Renova Spa with treatment rooms, hydromassage bath, steam bath, and beauty salon. Dining options at the all-inclusive resort include buffet-style and themed restaurants serving Italian, Asian, and local Sri Lankan specialities in indoor and outdoor settings.
During their stay, guests can unwind in the sunshine on comfortable loungers on the ocean-facing sun terrace, play games on the soft sandy beach. There are a variety of fun water sports to enjoy in the warm sea such as kayaking, swimming, snorkelling and more.
Located in the Galle district of Sri Lanka, Ahungalla is a small coastal town positioned approximately nine miles from Bentota where tourists will find beautiful beaches fringed by dense coconut palms, cafes, and shops selling handicrafts. The teardrop-shaped island nation of Sri Lanka is situated in the Indian Ocean and a popular destination for sun-seekers and nature lovers. The island is home to miles of pristine beaches, dense jungles, green-sloped mountains, historic UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and colonial forts.
RIU Hotels & Resorts is a family-run Spanish hotel chain with more than 100 hotels in 16 countries across the globe. Following the launch of Riu Sri Lanka, the hotel group is planning to open three more hotels in Asia between 2018 and 2019. The first project will be in the Maldives, with the launch of two hotels that offer a total of 422 rooms and suites perched above the water. RIU will also debut in the United Arab Emirates in 2019 with a new hotel on the Deira Islands in Dubai. It will be the hotel company’s largest ever hotel with 750 rooms and 24 hour all-inclusive service.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
For a taste of Sri Lanka choose Eden Rock Resort and Spa, the worthy winner of Trip Advisor'ss 2012 Certificate of Excellence Award
- All rooms have a Private Balcony or Terrace with a view of either the Garden or the Indian Ocean
- Rejuvenate at the Spa and Ayuveda Centre
- Access to Temptation - a Fine-Dining Restaurant - the 24-Hr Chameleon Cafe & more
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Embark on a holiday of a lifetime with this amazing twin centre special offer
- Indulge your senses with the amazing spa treatments at the Avani Kalutara
- Enjoy an authentic Rajasthani meal with a local Indian family in Jaipur
- Buy some amazing souvenirs made by sculptors who claim to be direct descendants of the craftsmen who built the Taj Mahal
Take advantage of a this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...