Refurbished andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge in South Africa reopens to guests
The &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge has reopened to guests in South Africa, following a US$2 million refurbishment programme. Located on a private game reserve on the border of the Kruger National Park, the lodge's 20 thatched cottages have all been renovated and expanded to offer outdoor showers, and a new rim flow swimming pool has been added to the property that gives views of local wildlife at the watering hole.
One of South Africa’s favourite family lodges has reopened to guests following an extensive refurbishment project. The &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge is located in a private game reserve on the border of the vast Kruger National Park.
As part of the US$2 million renovations, each of the lodge’s 20 thatched cottages have been refurbished and expanded to offer more living space, plus outdoor showers in the naturally lit bathrooms. Private verandas of the cottages have been extended to so guests can enjoy private dining with beautiful bush views.
Three new family cottages have been added to the property. The cottages are connected by an inner door and can be used as one large family unit or separate rooms. The lodge’s two-bedroom Family Suite has been renovated and boasts its own full-size swimming pool and a personal safari vehicle and ranger.
Public areas are been upgraded, and the local watering hole has been deepened and opened as a focal point for guests who can watch elephants and other wildlife drink and play in the water. A new rim flow swimming pool has been added to the lodge, and from here holidaymakers can enjoy beautiful views of the watering hole and its wild guests. There’s a modern fitness centre with panoramic windows and views of the bush, and a there is a spa and fitness sala with an array of relaxing and soothing post-workout massage therapies.
For dining, guests can enjoy delicious local cuisine in the traditional open-air Borma and courtyard under the shade of a boerbean tree. The thatched bar and open sitting areas provide the perfect place to soak up the sights and sounds of the magnificent African setting.
During their stay, guests can enjoy twice-daily game drives with sensitive off-road trails that allow them to get close to the beautiful wildlife including the Big Five: elephants, rhinos, lions, buffalos, and leopards. There are also guided bush walks and walking safaris where visitors will learn about the surrounding natural environment and its inhabitants. The WILDchild programme for kids provides fun activities and educates them on local wildlife and conservation.
Guests can reach &Beyond Ngala Safari Lodge via flights from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Eastgate Airport, followed by a one-hour road transfer. The all-year-round weather and diverse wildlife means the lodge is a fantastic place to visit any time, whether it is for a fun family holiday or a romantic safari break.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
From the amazing Blyde River Canyon to the iconic table Mountain, this tour has it all!
- Explore the underground Cango Caves at Oudtshoorn
- Visit a real Chief's village in Swaziland
- Go in search of Africa's 'Big Five' in Kruger National Park
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...