New unique semi-submarine lets guests visit underwater world of Jumeirah Vittaveli Maldives
Guests staying at Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives can now explore its vibrant house reef without having to get wet. The resort is offering trips in a semi-submarine in a partnership with its onsite Best Dives Maldives diving school. The vessel remains above sea level but the bottom section in submerged in the water, and passengers can look out of the huge windows at the marine life below.
Holidaymakers who are keen to explore the underwater world in the Maldives can enjoy a unique way of looking at marine creatures as Jumeirah Vittaveli launches a new semi-submarine. The experience allows guests of the resort to see the underwater world without even having to get wet.
In a partnership with Best Dives Maldives, the resort's onsite scuba diving school, guests will sit in a vessel that remains on the surface of the sea. Its bottom section is submerged 1.3 metres into the water, allowing passengers to see the marine world of the house reefs through huge windows.
Amit Majumder, the General Manager of Jumeirah Vittaveli, said:
"We are happy to partner with Best Dives Maldives on this exclusive new facility for our guests. One of the biggest attractions of the Maldives is its colourful underwater life, and with our new semi-submersible, this world is now open to everyone – even experienced snorkelers and divers will find this new way to explore the marine environment exhilarating."
There will be daily excursions around the colourful reef, and guests can learn about its inhabitants through a guide from the Best Dives team who will educate them on the diverse marine species and the role they play in the underwater ecosystem. Night excursions will also be available, and passengers will get to see the coral reefs feed on plankton, or catch a sighting of a stingray or shark.
The unique vessel can accommodate up to 12 passengers and prices start from US95 for adults and US$45 for accompanied children under 11 years. Children aged five years and under will go for free, making it a fantastic experience for all ages. Night excursions will cost US$ 110 per person.
As well as rides in the semi-submersible vessel, guests can explore the resort's thriving reef and other nearby dive sites using complimentary snorkelling gear, or through scuba diving activities with professional diving instructors. Native marine creatures found in the surrounding Indian Ocean include eels, butterfly fish, snappers, groupers, grey reef sharks, sea turtles, eagle rays and manta rays.
The Jumeirah Vittaveli is located in the South Male Atoll in the Maldives, 20 minutes by boat from the capital Male. The luxury resort has 89 suites and villas with private swimming pools, and access to the white sandy beach or azure lagoon. Facilities at the island resort include the Talise Spa, Talise Fitness centre, Kuda Koli Kid's Club, the five-star PADI dive centre, and multiple indoor and outdoor restaurants and bars.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
All villas are surrounded by palm trees or on stilts over the lagoon, making for a memorable stay.
- Free Upgarde from Half Board to All Inclusive! Book Now!
- Set on the tropical island of Dhuni Kolhu surrounded by warm waters of the Indian Ocean, and located only 30 minutes by sea plane from Male International Airport.
- Witness schools of dolphins playing in the azure waters or try fishing in the traditional Maldivian way while enjoying breath-taking sunset
- Find a state of relaxation with a variety of different treatments and massages created to indulge personal desires for well-being
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...