New unique semi-submarine lets guests visit underwater world of Jumeirah Vittaveli Maldives
Guests staying at Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives can now explore its vibrant house reef without having to get wet. The resort is offering trips in a semi-submarine in a partnership with its onsite Best Dives Maldives diving school. The vessel remains above sea level but the bottom section in submerged in the water, and passengers can look out of the huge windows at the marine life below.
Holidaymakers who are keen to explore the underwater world in the Maldives can enjoy a unique way of looking at marine creatures as Jumeirah Vittaveli launches a new semi-submarine. The experience allows guests of the resort to see the underwater world without even having to get wet.
In a partnership with Best Dives Maldives, the resort's onsite scuba diving school, guests will sit in a vessel that remains on the surface of the sea. Its bottom section is submerged 1.3 metres into the water, allowing passengers to see the marine world of the house reefs through huge windows.
Amit Majumder, the General Manager of Jumeirah Vittaveli, said:
"We are happy to partner with Best Dives Maldives on this exclusive new facility for our guests. One of the biggest attractions of the Maldives is its colourful underwater life, and with our new semi-submersible, this world is now open to everyone – even experienced snorkelers and divers will find this new way to explore the marine environment exhilarating."
There will be daily excursions around the colourful reef, and guests can learn about its inhabitants through a guide from the Best Dives team who will educate them on the diverse marine species and the role they play in the underwater ecosystem. Night excursions will also be available, and passengers will get to see the coral reefs feed on plankton, or catch a sighting of a stingray or shark.
The unique vessel can accommodate up to 12 passengers and prices start from US95 for adults and US$45 for accompanied children under 11 years. Children aged five years and under will go for free, making it a fantastic experience for all ages. Night excursions will cost US$ 110 per person.
As well as rides in the semi-submersible vessel, guests can explore the resort's thriving reef and other nearby dive sites using complimentary snorkelling gear, or through scuba diving activities with professional diving instructors. Native marine creatures found in the surrounding Indian Ocean include eels, butterfly fish, snappers, groupers, grey reef sharks, sea turtles, eagle rays and manta rays.
The Jumeirah Vittaveli is located in the South Male Atoll in the Maldives, 20 minutes by boat from the capital Male. The luxury resort has 89 suites and villas with private swimming pools, and access to the white sandy beach or azure lagoon. Facilities at the island resort include the Talise Spa, Talise Fitness centre, Kuda Koli Kid's Club, the five-star PADI dive centre, and multiple indoor and outdoor restaurants and bars.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Kick back and relax with plenty on offer to help you along the way at Reethi Beach Resort.
- Only 15% of the island is built upon, with lush vegetation, natural shorelines and stunning landscapes making up the rest
- The Water Sports Centre has all types of water sport covered whilst the Sports Centre on land covers tennis, badminton, squash, gym and table tennis
- Enjoy two fantastic excursions per person per week to Kam Adhoo and Kihadhoo and a Sunset Dhoni Cruise on selected dates
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....