Fathom and Airbnb partner on social impact travel to the Dominican Republic and Cuba
Fathom, a cruise operator in the Carnival Cooperation family of companies, has partnered with Airbnb to offer newly registered US Airbnb hosts a $250 credit towards a Fathom cruise to either Cuba or the Dominican Republic. Fathom, through its social impact travel concept, offers its customers the once in a lifetime opportunity to truly engage with the communities that they visit.
Airbnb has announced a new partnership with Fathom - the cruise operator that has pioneered the concept of social impact travel. As part of the partnership, announced on the 5th August 2016, new US Airbnb hosts will receive a $250 credit towards a Fathom cruise from Miami to either the Dominican Republic or Cuba - two of the Caribbean's most popular holiday destinations.
Social impact travel is a term that has been coined, by Fathom, to describe holidays where travellers work and interact with the local communities in an effort to learn more about their cultures and even help to meet some of the community needs.
At the time of the announcement, Tara Russell, Fathom President and the Global Impact Lead for Fathom's parent company, the Carnival Cooperation stated:
"In many ways, we share that same passion [as Airbnb] and deliver new memories. Today's consumers want to have unique, immersive experiences, and I'm excited that we can now creatively make this possible even further through this natural partnership."
In the Dominican Republic, travellers will have the opportunity to collaborate with the locals on pre existing projects and programs that seek to enhance the lives of the children, families and the wider communities in the Dominican Republic. The Fathom seven day cruise packages to the Dominican Republic start at $499 per person excluding taxes and other related fees with prices varying according to the season.
Fathom's tours to Cuba signal a major milestone for the company as it has the distinction of being the first cruise operator to sail from the US to Cuba in over fifty years. In keeping with the US regulations that travel to Cuba (for US citizens) must adhere to a set of given guidelines, Fathom customers will participate in a cultural exchange programme in Cuba allowing for a unique opportunity to interact with the Cuban community on a one to one basis.
The Cuba tour itinerary with Fathom includes stops at the port cities Havana, Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba, giving travellers the opportunity to experience some of the best of what Cuba has to offer. A seven day cruise to Cuba with Fathom starts at $1899 per person excluding taxes and other related fees.
Passengers will sail onboard the MV Adonia for both the Cuba and Dominican Republic cruise tours. The MV Adonia has the capacity for as many as 704 passengers and was redeployed from Carnival Corporation's PandO Cruises (UK).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...