Fathom and Airbnb partner on social impact travel to the Dominican Republic and Cuba
Fathom, a cruise operator in the Carnival Cooperation family of companies, has partnered with Airbnb to offer newly registered US Airbnb hosts a $250 credit towards a Fathom cruise to either Cuba or the Dominican Republic. Fathom, through its social impact travel concept, offers its customers the once in a lifetime opportunity to truly engage with the communities that they visit.
Airbnb has announced a new partnership with Fathom - the cruise operator that has pioneered the concept of social impact travel. As part of the partnership, announced on the 5th August 2016, new US Airbnb hosts will receive a $250 credit towards a Fathom cruise from Miami to either the Dominican Republic or Cuba - two of the Caribbean's most popular holiday destinations.
Social impact travel is a term that has been coined, by Fathom, to describe holidays where travellers work and interact with the local communities in an effort to learn more about their cultures and even help to meet some of the community needs.
At the time of the announcement, Tara Russell, Fathom President and the Global Impact Lead for Fathom's parent company, the Carnival Cooperation stated:
"In many ways, we share that same passion [as Airbnb] and deliver new memories. Today's consumers want to have unique, immersive experiences, and I'm excited that we can now creatively make this possible even further through this natural partnership."
In the Dominican Republic, travellers will have the opportunity to collaborate with the locals on pre existing projects and programs that seek to enhance the lives of the children, families and the wider communities in the Dominican Republic. The Fathom seven day cruise packages to the Dominican Republic start at $499 per person excluding taxes and other related fees with prices varying according to the season.
Fathom's tours to Cuba signal a major milestone for the company as it has the distinction of being the first cruise operator to sail from the US to Cuba in over fifty years. In keeping with the US regulations that travel to Cuba (for US citizens) must adhere to a set of given guidelines, Fathom customers will participate in a cultural exchange programme in Cuba allowing for a unique opportunity to interact with the Cuban community on a one to one basis.
The Cuba tour itinerary with Fathom includes stops at the port cities Havana, Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba, giving travellers the opportunity to experience some of the best of what Cuba has to offer. A seven day cruise to Cuba with Fathom starts at $1899 per person excluding taxes and other related fees.
Passengers will sail onboard the MV Adonia for both the Cuba and Dominican Republic cruise tours. The MV Adonia has the capacity for as many as 704 passengers and was redeployed from Carnival Corporation's PandO Cruises (UK).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...