Fathom and Airbnb partner on social impact travel to the Dominican Republic and Cuba
Fathom, a cruise operator in the Carnival Cooperation family of companies, has partnered with Airbnb to offer newly registered US Airbnb hosts a $250 credit towards a Fathom cruise to either Cuba or the Dominican Republic. Fathom, through its social impact travel concept, offers its customers the once in a lifetime opportunity to truly engage with the communities that they visit.
Airbnb has announced a new partnership with Fathom - the cruise operator that has pioneered the concept of social impact travel. As part of the partnership, announced on the 5th August 2016, new US Airbnb hosts will receive a $250 credit towards a Fathom cruise from Miami to either the Dominican Republic or Cuba - two of the Caribbean's most popular holiday destinations.
Social impact travel is a term that has been coined, by Fathom, to describe holidays where travellers work and interact with the local communities in an effort to learn more about their cultures and even help to meet some of the community needs.
At the time of the announcement, Tara Russell, Fathom President and the Global Impact Lead for Fathom's parent company, the Carnival Cooperation stated:
"In many ways, we share that same passion [as Airbnb] and deliver new memories. Today's consumers want to have unique, immersive experiences, and I'm excited that we can now creatively make this possible even further through this natural partnership."
In the Dominican Republic, travellers will have the opportunity to collaborate with the locals on pre existing projects and programs that seek to enhance the lives of the children, families and the wider communities in the Dominican Republic. The Fathom seven day cruise packages to the Dominican Republic start at $499 per person excluding taxes and other related fees with prices varying according to the season.
Fathom's tours to Cuba signal a major milestone for the company as it has the distinction of being the first cruise operator to sail from the US to Cuba in over fifty years. In keeping with the US regulations that travel to Cuba (for US citizens) must adhere to a set of given guidelines, Fathom customers will participate in a cultural exchange programme in Cuba allowing for a unique opportunity to interact with the Cuban community on a one to one basis.
The Cuba tour itinerary with Fathom includes stops at the port cities Havana, Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba, giving travellers the opportunity to experience some of the best of what Cuba has to offer. A seven day cruise to Cuba with Fathom starts at $1899 per person excluding taxes and other related fees.
Passengers will sail onboard the MV Adonia for both the Cuba and Dominican Republic cruise tours. The MV Adonia has the capacity for as many as 704 passengers and was redeployed from Carnival Corporation's PandO Cruises (UK).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...