Fathom and Airbnb partner on social impact travel to the Dominican Republic and Cuba
Fathom, a cruise operator in the Carnival Cooperation family of companies, has partnered with Airbnb to offer newly registered US Airbnb hosts a $250 credit towards a Fathom cruise to either Cuba or the Dominican Republic. Fathom, through its social impact travel concept, offers its customers the once in a lifetime opportunity to truly engage with the communities that they visit.
Airbnb has announced a new partnership with Fathom - the cruise operator that has pioneered the concept of social impact travel. As part of the partnership, announced on the 5th August 2016, new US Airbnb hosts will receive a $250 credit towards a Fathom cruise from Miami to either the Dominican Republic or Cuba - two of the Caribbean's most popular holiday destinations.
Social impact travel is a term that has been coined, by Fathom, to describe holidays where travellers work and interact with the local communities in an effort to learn more about their cultures and even help to meet some of the community needs.
At the time of the announcement, Tara Russell, Fathom President and the Global Impact Lead for Fathom's parent company, the Carnival Cooperation stated:
"In many ways, we share that same passion [as Airbnb] and deliver new memories. Today's consumers want to have unique, immersive experiences, and I'm excited that we can now creatively make this possible even further through this natural partnership."
In the Dominican Republic, travellers will have the opportunity to collaborate with the locals on pre existing projects and programs that seek to enhance the lives of the children, families and the wider communities in the Dominican Republic. The Fathom seven day cruise packages to the Dominican Republic start at $499 per person excluding taxes and other related fees with prices varying according to the season.
Fathom's tours to Cuba signal a major milestone for the company as it has the distinction of being the first cruise operator to sail from the US to Cuba in over fifty years. In keeping with the US regulations that travel to Cuba (for US citizens) must adhere to a set of given guidelines, Fathom customers will participate in a cultural exchange programme in Cuba allowing for a unique opportunity to interact with the Cuban community on a one to one basis.
The Cuba tour itinerary with Fathom includes stops at the port cities Havana, Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba, giving travellers the opportunity to experience some of the best of what Cuba has to offer. A seven day cruise to Cuba with Fathom starts at $1899 per person excluding taxes and other related fees.
Passengers will sail onboard the MV Adonia for both the Cuba and Dominican Republic cruise tours. The MV Adonia has the capacity for as many as 704 passengers and was redeployed from Carnival Corporation's PandO Cruises (UK).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...