Bangkok Airways earns top worldwide travel honours
The first private airline in Thailand just received top honours from the air travel industry. Bangkok Airways was recently presented with two major awards showcasing the company's impressive dedication to travellers worldwide with top marks in passenger satisfaction both regionally and around the globe.
Building upon its past awards for exceptional air passenger satisfaction, Bangkok Airways has once again been presented with top honours by one of the world’s leading purveyors of worldwide travel achievement. As published on the Travel PR News website in mid July, the first private airline in Thailand was recently named “World’s Best Regional Airline 2016” and “Best Regional Airline in Asia 2016”.
The Skytrax World Airline Awards were presented during the Farnborough International Airshow in London last month. Each year Skytrax compiles passenger satisfaction surveys to come up with the winners. More commonly named the “Passenger Choice” awards, the results are globally recognized as an indicator of airline excellence.
In accepting this year’s honours the airline’s president, Captain Puttipong Prasarttong-Osoth thanked travellers while outlining plans for the company’s future.
“As a Thai national carrier, we are extremely delighted and proud to have received the awards which truly reflect a higher level of service and safety standard of Bangkok Airways. These achievements have fully manifested our continuous commitment to strive for excellence in airline services. It is not only served as a proof of passenger’s recognition, but also a great encouragement to motivate us to attain even better performance.”
Furthermore, two years ago Bangkok Airways received the same two awards and has also made the top five in each category. As well, the airline has also been named as “Asia’s Best Regional Airline” and “South East Asia Best Regional Airline” in past years.
Bangkok Airways first began air passenger service in 1968 and now flies to nearly two-dozen destinations in Thailand and Asia from across the globe. Commonly referred to as “Asia’s Boutique Airline”, the company offers all of its passengers “extras” most commonly reserved for business travellers, such as boutique lounges stocked with snacks, drinks and free Internet service. As well, travellers always enjoy in-flight meals or snacks.
The company maintains a fleet of more than 30 planes, with travellers commonly choosing Bangkok Airways for holidays in such desirable beach destinations as the Maldives and Phuket, Thailand’s largest island. As well, travellers enjoy reaching World Heritage Sites in places such as Luang Prabang, Laos and historic Sukhothai, Thailand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...