Bangkok Airways earns top worldwide travel honours
The first private airline in Thailand just received top honours from the air travel industry. Bangkok Airways was recently presented with two major awards showcasing the company's impressive dedication to travellers worldwide with top marks in passenger satisfaction both regionally and around the globe.
Building upon its past awards for exceptional air passenger satisfaction, Bangkok Airways has once again been presented with top honours by one of the world’s leading purveyors of worldwide travel achievement. As published on the Travel PR News website in mid July, the first private airline in Thailand was recently named “World’s Best Regional Airline 2016” and “Best Regional Airline in Asia 2016”.
The Skytrax World Airline Awards were presented during the Farnborough International Airshow in London last month. Each year Skytrax compiles passenger satisfaction surveys to come up with the winners. More commonly named the “Passenger Choice” awards, the results are globally recognized as an indicator of airline excellence.
In accepting this year’s honours the airline’s president, Captain Puttipong Prasarttong-Osoth thanked travellers while outlining plans for the company’s future.
“As a Thai national carrier, we are extremely delighted and proud to have received the awards which truly reflect a higher level of service and safety standard of Bangkok Airways. These achievements have fully manifested our continuous commitment to strive for excellence in airline services. It is not only served as a proof of passenger’s recognition, but also a great encouragement to motivate us to attain even better performance.”
Furthermore, two years ago Bangkok Airways received the same two awards and has also made the top five in each category. As well, the airline has also been named as “Asia’s Best Regional Airline” and “South East Asia Best Regional Airline” in past years.
Bangkok Airways first began air passenger service in 1968 and now flies to nearly two-dozen destinations in Thailand and Asia from across the globe. Commonly referred to as “Asia’s Boutique Airline”, the company offers all of its passengers “extras” most commonly reserved for business travellers, such as boutique lounges stocked with snacks, drinks and free Internet service. As well, travellers always enjoy in-flight meals or snacks.
The company maintains a fleet of more than 30 planes, with travellers commonly choosing Bangkok Airways for holidays in such desirable beach destinations as the Maldives and Phuket, Thailand’s largest island. As well, travellers enjoy reaching World Heritage Sites in places such as Luang Prabang, Laos and historic Sukhothai, Thailand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...