Bangkok Airways earns top worldwide travel honours
The first private airline in Thailand just received top honours from the air travel industry. Bangkok Airways was recently presented with two major awards showcasing the company's impressive dedication to travellers worldwide with top marks in passenger satisfaction both regionally and around the globe.
Building upon its past awards for exceptional air passenger satisfaction, Bangkok Airways has once again been presented with top honours by one of the world’s leading purveyors of worldwide travel achievement. As published on the Travel PR News website in mid July, the first private airline in Thailand was recently named “World’s Best Regional Airline 2016” and “Best Regional Airline in Asia 2016”.
The Skytrax World Airline Awards were presented during the Farnborough International Airshow in London last month. Each year Skytrax compiles passenger satisfaction surveys to come up with the winners. More commonly named the “Passenger Choice” awards, the results are globally recognized as an indicator of airline excellence.
In accepting this year’s honours the airline’s president, Captain Puttipong Prasarttong-Osoth thanked travellers while outlining plans for the company’s future.
“As a Thai national carrier, we are extremely delighted and proud to have received the awards which truly reflect a higher level of service and safety standard of Bangkok Airways. These achievements have fully manifested our continuous commitment to strive for excellence in airline services. It is not only served as a proof of passenger’s recognition, but also a great encouragement to motivate us to attain even better performance.”
Furthermore, two years ago Bangkok Airways received the same two awards and has also made the top five in each category. As well, the airline has also been named as “Asia’s Best Regional Airline” and “South East Asia Best Regional Airline” in past years.
Bangkok Airways first began air passenger service in 1968 and now flies to nearly two-dozen destinations in Thailand and Asia from across the globe. Commonly referred to as “Asia’s Boutique Airline”, the company offers all of its passengers “extras” most commonly reserved for business travellers, such as boutique lounges stocked with snacks, drinks and free Internet service. As well, travellers always enjoy in-flight meals or snacks.
The company maintains a fleet of more than 30 planes, with travellers commonly choosing Bangkok Airways for holidays in such desirable beach destinations as the Maldives and Phuket, Thailand’s largest island. As well, travellers enjoy reaching World Heritage Sites in places such as Luang Prabang, Laos and historic Sukhothai, Thailand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...