Mexico, Cambodia and Thailand among the top ten celebrity destinations
Spanish digital magazine Informalia recently published the top ten holiday destinations for celebrities. Offering natural beauty, a peaceful ambiance and luxurious venues, Mexico, Cambodia and Thailand were among the exotic countries that featured this exclusive list along with other popular tourist hubs including Miami and Hawaii.
So often under the spotlight, celebrities look to truly unwind and take a break from the exhausting public life in magical and stunning corners of the world. Whether they seek a relaxing and peaceful getaway or an animated and vibrant environment, ten destinations stand out as the most popular holiday hubs for A-listers through the years.
Informalia, a Spanish digital magazine, recently published this interesting list which names some of the most beautiful places around the globe. Asian up-and-coming destinations Cambodia and Thailand won a place within the prestigious list whilst Mexico represented the main hotspot in Latin America.
White-sand beaches with turquoise blue waters, a great variety of Buddhist temples, enormous sculptures and abundant shopping are some of the features that have made Thailand a popular destination among distinguished holidaymakers. Some of the celebrities that have posted pictures during getaways in Thailand are Jessica Alba, Kim Kardashian and heartthrob Leonardo DiCaprio who made the sparkling Koh Phi Phi beach famous, setting where he filmed “The Beach”.
Many interesting places await those who visit. The animated capital Bangkok is a bustling, manic city with tuk-tuk drivers and street food sellers where you can find expansive markets and wonderful cafes serving delicious Pad Thai and Thai Green Curry. Sun seekers are delighted to discover "Monkey Beach” where hundreds of macaque monkeys run around and play in a friendly manner with the visitors. The water here is also extremely clear which makes it ideal for snorkelling.
The Mexican Caribbean has always drawn people’s attention due to its sublime combination of nature, culture and luxury. Set beside the sea amidst verdant vegetation and marked by traces of Mayan culture, Tulum is among Mexico’s most amazing regions, along with beach hubs Cancun and Riviera Maya, which have been visited by the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow, Colin Farell and Salma Hayek.
Cancun itself was included in this year’s TripAdvisor top ten destinations list. This tropical setting is bursting with natural landscapes including soft white sandy beaches, tropical jungles and aquamarine lagoons that are teeming with diverse marine species, providing amazing opportunities for snorkelling and scuba diving.
Cambodia, a land of contrasts that has been luring tourists with its awe-inspiring attractions in terms of its history as well as scenic nature and beautiful temples, has also been included on celebrities favourite escape routes. Thanks to an improvement in the quality of facilities and service offered by the Cambodia hotel industry, the country now counts with better infrastructure to receive visitors and has been named one of the 15 surprisingly safe destinations in the world by newspaper The Telegraph.
The country’s popularity today is largely due to actress Angelina Jolie, who not only filmed “Tomb Raider” in Cambodia but also adopted son Maddox and created the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation to promote the nation’s development. The Jolie-Pitt family frequently visits and other celebrities have succumbed to its charm, including Eva Longoria who enjoyed a few days in Cambodia in 2016.
The list included seven other gems that A-listers adore. Hawaii, California and Miami make up the three American destinations in the ranking, all frequently visited by the likes of Orlando Bloom, Jennifer Aniston, Shakira and Jennifer Lopez.
The other four destinations are distributed in the European continent: Greece, Italy, the Baleares Islands in Spain and France’s famed Cote D’Azur. George Clooney, Richard Gere, Paul McCartney and Elton John are some of the biggest names to enjoy these breath-taking sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...