Mexico, Cambodia and Thailand among the top ten celebrity destinations
Spanish digital magazine Informalia recently published the top ten holiday destinations for celebrities. Offering natural beauty, a peaceful ambiance and luxurious venues, Mexico, Cambodia and Thailand were among the exotic countries that featured this exclusive list along with other popular tourist hubs including Miami and Hawaii.
So often under the spotlight, celebrities look to truly unwind and take a break from the exhausting public life in magical and stunning corners of the world. Whether they seek a relaxing and peaceful getaway or an animated and vibrant environment, ten destinations stand out as the most popular holiday hubs for A-listers through the years.
Informalia, a Spanish digital magazine, recently published this interesting list which names some of the most beautiful places around the globe. Asian up-and-coming destinations Cambodia and Thailand won a place within the prestigious list whilst Mexico represented the main hotspot in Latin America.
White-sand beaches with turquoise blue waters, a great variety of Buddhist temples, enormous sculptures and abundant shopping are some of the features that have made Thailand a popular destination among distinguished holidaymakers. Some of the celebrities that have posted pictures during getaways in Thailand are Jessica Alba, Kim Kardashian and heartthrob Leonardo DiCaprio who made the sparkling Koh Phi Phi beach famous, setting where he filmed “The Beach”.
Many interesting places await those who visit. The animated capital Bangkok is a bustling, manic city with tuk-tuk drivers and street food sellers where you can find expansive markets and wonderful cafes serving delicious Pad Thai and Thai Green Curry. Sun seekers are delighted to discover "Monkey Beach” where hundreds of macaque monkeys run around and play in a friendly manner with the visitors. The water here is also extremely clear which makes it ideal for snorkelling.
The Mexican Caribbean has always drawn people’s attention due to its sublime combination of nature, culture and luxury. Set beside the sea amidst verdant vegetation and marked by traces of Mayan culture, Tulum is among Mexico’s most amazing regions, along with beach hubs Cancun and Riviera Maya, which have been visited by the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow, Colin Farell and Salma Hayek.
Cancun itself was included in this year’s TripAdvisor top ten destinations list. This tropical setting is bursting with natural landscapes including soft white sandy beaches, tropical jungles and aquamarine lagoons that are teeming with diverse marine species, providing amazing opportunities for snorkelling and scuba diving.
Cambodia, a land of contrasts that has been luring tourists with its awe-inspiring attractions in terms of its history as well as scenic nature and beautiful temples, has also been included on celebrities favourite escape routes. Thanks to an improvement in the quality of facilities and service offered by the Cambodia hotel industry, the country now counts with better infrastructure to receive visitors and has been named one of the 15 surprisingly safe destinations in the world by newspaper The Telegraph.
The country’s popularity today is largely due to actress Angelina Jolie, who not only filmed “Tomb Raider” in Cambodia but also adopted son Maddox and created the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation to promote the nation’s development. The Jolie-Pitt family frequently visits and other celebrities have succumbed to its charm, including Eva Longoria who enjoyed a few days in Cambodia in 2016.
The list included seven other gems that A-listers adore. Hawaii, California and Miami make up the three American destinations in the ranking, all frequently visited by the likes of Orlando Bloom, Jennifer Aniston, Shakira and Jennifer Lopez.
The other four destinations are distributed in the European continent: Greece, Italy, the Baleares Islands in Spain and France’s famed Cote D’Azur. George Clooney, Richard Gere, Paul McCartney and Elton John are some of the biggest names to enjoy these breath-taking sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Kids can Stay, Play and Eat free at Moon Palace when travelling from 1st June to 31st August 2016 & October Half Term (17th - 31st October 2016)
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...