Mexico, Cambodia and Thailand among the top ten celebrity destinations
Spanish digital magazine Informalia recently published the top ten holiday destinations for celebrities. Offering natural beauty, a peaceful ambiance and luxurious venues, Mexico, Cambodia and Thailand were among the exotic countries that featured this exclusive list along with other popular tourist hubs including Miami and Hawaii.
So often under the spotlight, celebrities look to truly unwind and take a break from the exhausting public life in magical and stunning corners of the world. Whether they seek a relaxing and peaceful getaway or an animated and vibrant environment, ten destinations stand out as the most popular holiday hubs for A-listers through the years.
Informalia, a Spanish digital magazine, recently published this interesting list which names some of the most beautiful places around the globe. Asian up-and-coming destinations Cambodia and Thailand won a place within the prestigious list whilst Mexico represented the main hotspot in Latin America.
White-sand beaches with turquoise blue waters, a great variety of Buddhist temples, enormous sculptures and abundant shopping are some of the features that have made Thailand a popular destination among distinguished holidaymakers. Some of the celebrities that have posted pictures during getaways in Thailand are Jessica Alba, Kim Kardashian and heartthrob Leonardo DiCaprio who made the sparkling Koh Phi Phi beach famous, setting where he filmed “The Beach”.
Many interesting places await those who visit. The animated capital Bangkok is a bustling, manic city with tuk-tuk drivers and street food sellers where you can find expansive markets and wonderful cafes serving delicious Pad Thai and Thai Green Curry. Sun seekers are delighted to discover "Monkey Beach” where hundreds of macaque monkeys run around and play in a friendly manner with the visitors. The water here is also extremely clear which makes it ideal for snorkelling.
The Mexican Caribbean has always drawn people’s attention due to its sublime combination of nature, culture and luxury. Set beside the sea amidst verdant vegetation and marked by traces of Mayan culture, Tulum is among Mexico’s most amazing regions, along with beach hubs Cancun and Riviera Maya, which have been visited by the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow, Colin Farell and Salma Hayek.
Cancun itself was included in this year’s TripAdvisor top ten destinations list. This tropical setting is bursting with natural landscapes including soft white sandy beaches, tropical jungles and aquamarine lagoons that are teeming with diverse marine species, providing amazing opportunities for snorkelling and scuba diving.
Cambodia, a land of contrasts that has been luring tourists with its awe-inspiring attractions in terms of its history as well as scenic nature and beautiful temples, has also been included on celebrities favourite escape routes. Thanks to an improvement in the quality of facilities and service offered by the Cambodia hotel industry, the country now counts with better infrastructure to receive visitors and has been named one of the 15 surprisingly safe destinations in the world by newspaper The Telegraph.
The country’s popularity today is largely due to actress Angelina Jolie, who not only filmed “Tomb Raider” in Cambodia but also adopted son Maddox and created the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation to promote the nation’s development. The Jolie-Pitt family frequently visits and other celebrities have succumbed to its charm, including Eva Longoria who enjoyed a few days in Cambodia in 2016.
The list included seven other gems that A-listers adore. Hawaii, California and Miami make up the three American destinations in the ranking, all frequently visited by the likes of Orlando Bloom, Jennifer Aniston, Shakira and Jennifer Lopez.
The other four destinations are distributed in the European continent: Greece, Italy, the Baleares Islands in Spain and France’s famed Cote D’Azur. George Clooney, Richard Gere, Paul McCartney and Elton John are some of the biggest names to enjoy these breath-taking sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...