Russian Mariinsky Ballet to perform on floating stages at two PER AQUUM in Maldives this summer
Two luxury resorts in the Maldives will be hosting a unique performing arts experience this summer. PER AQUUM Niyama and PER AQUUM Huvafen Fushi will be hosting the floating ballet shows on special over-water stages, performed by the prestigious Mariinsky Ballet Company led by British dancer Xander Paris, who will also run ballet masterclasses for guests staying at the resorts.
A unique dance performance will be coming to two island resorts in the Maldives this summer. The Russian Mariinsky Ballet Company will be performing floating ballet shows at the PER AQUUM Niyama and PER AQUUM Huvafen Fushi.
Taking place on 21st and 23rd August, 2016, guests will be able to enjoy ballet performances on unusual over-water stages at each of the two neighbouring resorts in the Dhaalu Atoll in the Maldives. The shows have been organised by British dancer Xander Paris, and they will feature a fusion of extracts from popular ballets and operas including Swan Lake, Carmen, Don Quixote, Giselle, and Scheherazade.
Mr. Paris was the first British dancer to join the renowned ballet company in 2010, and he handpicked the line-up of talented dancers especially for the Maldives visit, and included dancers such as Oksana Bondareva and Renata Shakirova. He will also be hosting several ballet masterclasses at the two resorts for guests to learn about the grace, balance, strength and sequence of ballet.
PER AQUUM Huvafen Fushi is a luxurious private island resort that boasts the world’s only underwater spa. The lavish resort hosted a concert by British soul singer Joss Stone earlier this year. The hotel’s upscale accommodation includes beach bungalows, overwater ocean pavilions, and lagoon bungalows, all with private swimming pools. Facilities include several dining venues including the beachfront all-day Celsius restaurant; the outside Fogliani’s with wood-fired pizzas under palm trees; Raw with its creative menu of raw fish and vegetables in an overwater pavilion; and Salt, an overwater fine dining restaurant. As well as the underwater spa offering luxury pampering treatments and therapies, the space hosts events where guests can marvel at the colourful marine life in the Spaquarium.
PER AQUUM Niyama was the first resort in the world to create an underwater nightclub, and this has recently been transformed into a new restaurant. Its accommodation ranges from beach studios and pool suites, to overwater pavilions. Guests can dine in the overwater Edge restaurant on a private jetty; eat under the stars at the Tribal campfire with outdoor grills, hot rock grills and open fires; or marvel at the breathtaking sea creatures in Subsix, the underwater venue that sits six metres beneath sea level and 500 metres out into the turquoise Indian Ocean.
Both of the luxury resorts offer a wide range of leisure activities to suit all ages. There’s yoga, fitness classes, beach games and hiking trails on land, and fun water sports such as snorkelling and diving in the surrounding pristine reefs, sailing, kayaking or swimming in the tranquil lagoons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...