Etihad Airways upgrades service from New York to Abu Dhabi
Passengers of Etihad Airways will enjoy upgraded service from New York to Abu Dhabi starting next summer. Plans include offering certain passengers multi-suite rooms and cabins along with access to an on-board chef. The announced upgrades are part of an effort to provide new luxury services to air travellers.
Beginning next summer passengers flying from New York City to Abu Dhabi will have new choices in luxury air travel. As announced in a 26th of July article posted on the Travel Pulse website, the upgrades are part of a commitment made by Etihad Airways to provide world-class services and luxuries to its customers.
Beginning 1 June 2017, Etihad Airways will replace its Boeing 777-300ER plane with its A380 aircraft flying from JFK Airport in New York City to Abu Dhabi International. With a change in planes come considerable upgrades in service to passengers. The A380 includes a three-room suite called “The Residence”, the only suite of its kind designed for commercial airlines. According to the company’s own website this type of suite includes room for up to two people with a living room, bedroom and an en-suite with a shower. The suite also includes a 32-inch television, a travel concierge, chauffeur, plus private check-in and a lounge.
Along with “The Residence”, the aircraft will also offer a total of nine First Apartment cabins and 70 Business Studios on its upper deck, as well as a staffed bar, sofas and snacks in the plane’s lobby. The main deck of the plane is dedicated to more than 400 Economy Smart Seats.
According to a statement by Etihad Airways CEO Peter Baumgartner:
“Our commitment to our guests has always been to be the very best airline in the world by totally reimagining the travel experience and delivering the highest levels of comfort, luxury and world-class hospitality at every point in their travel journey- on the ground and in the air- across all classes of service.”
As its capital, Abu Dhabi is the second most populated city in the UAE, a mecca for travellers drawn to its soaring skyscrapers, luxurious resorts, sleek malls and its culturally diverse blend of sites and attractions.
Etihad Airways first launched service from New York to Abu Dhabi about ten years ago, joining dozens of other major cities around the globe. As the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways is also regarded as one of the world’s fastest growing airlines.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...