Etihad Airways upgrades service from New York to Abu Dhabi
Passengers of Etihad Airways will enjoy upgraded service from New York to Abu Dhabi starting next summer. Plans include offering certain passengers multi-suite rooms and cabins along with access to an on-board chef. The announced upgrades are part of an effort to provide new luxury services to air travellers.
Beginning next summer passengers flying from New York City to Abu Dhabi will have new choices in luxury air travel. As announced in a 26th of July article posted on the Travel Pulse website, the upgrades are part of a commitment made by Etihad Airways to provide world-class services and luxuries to its customers.
Beginning 1 June 2017, Etihad Airways will replace its Boeing 777-300ER plane with its A380 aircraft flying from JFK Airport in New York City to Abu Dhabi International. With a change in planes come considerable upgrades in service to passengers. The A380 includes a three-room suite called “The Residence”, the only suite of its kind designed for commercial airlines. According to the company’s own website this type of suite includes room for up to two people with a living room, bedroom and an en-suite with a shower. The suite also includes a 32-inch television, a travel concierge, chauffeur, plus private check-in and a lounge.
Along with “The Residence”, the aircraft will also offer a total of nine First Apartment cabins and 70 Business Studios on its upper deck, as well as a staffed bar, sofas and snacks in the plane’s lobby. The main deck of the plane is dedicated to more than 400 Economy Smart Seats.
According to a statement by Etihad Airways CEO Peter Baumgartner:
“Our commitment to our guests has always been to be the very best airline in the world by totally reimagining the travel experience and delivering the highest levels of comfort, luxury and world-class hospitality at every point in their travel journey- on the ground and in the air- across all classes of service.”
As its capital, Abu Dhabi is the second most populated city in the UAE, a mecca for travellers drawn to its soaring skyscrapers, luxurious resorts, sleek malls and its culturally diverse blend of sites and attractions.
Etihad Airways first launched service from New York to Abu Dhabi about ten years ago, joining dozens of other major cities around the globe. As the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways is also regarded as one of the world’s fastest growing airlines.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...