Etihad Airways upgrades service from New York to Abu Dhabi
Passengers of Etihad Airways will enjoy upgraded service from New York to Abu Dhabi starting next summer. Plans include offering certain passengers multi-suite rooms and cabins along with access to an on-board chef. The announced upgrades are part of an effort to provide new luxury services to air travellers.
Beginning next summer passengers flying from New York City to Abu Dhabi will have new choices in luxury air travel. As announced in a 26th of July article posted on the Travel Pulse website, the upgrades are part of a commitment made by Etihad Airways to provide world-class services and luxuries to its customers.
Beginning 1 June 2017, Etihad Airways will replace its Boeing 777-300ER plane with its A380 aircraft flying from JFK Airport in New York City to Abu Dhabi International. With a change in planes come considerable upgrades in service to passengers. The A380 includes a three-room suite called “The Residence”, the only suite of its kind designed for commercial airlines. According to the company’s own website this type of suite includes room for up to two people with a living room, bedroom and an en-suite with a shower. The suite also includes a 32-inch television, a travel concierge, chauffeur, plus private check-in and a lounge.
Along with “The Residence”, the aircraft will also offer a total of nine First Apartment cabins and 70 Business Studios on its upper deck, as well as a staffed bar, sofas and snacks in the plane’s lobby. The main deck of the plane is dedicated to more than 400 Economy Smart Seats.
According to a statement by Etihad Airways CEO Peter Baumgartner:
“Our commitment to our guests has always been to be the very best airline in the world by totally reimagining the travel experience and delivering the highest levels of comfort, luxury and world-class hospitality at every point in their travel journey- on the ground and in the air- across all classes of service.”
As its capital, Abu Dhabi is the second most populated city in the UAE, a mecca for travellers drawn to its soaring skyscrapers, luxurious resorts, sleek malls and its culturally diverse blend of sites and attractions.
Etihad Airways first launched service from New York to Abu Dhabi about ten years ago, joining dozens of other major cities around the globe. As the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways is also regarded as one of the world’s fastest growing airlines.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...