Etihad Airways upgrades service from New York to Abu Dhabi
Passengers of Etihad Airways will enjoy upgraded service from New York to Abu Dhabi starting next summer. Plans include offering certain passengers multi-suite rooms and cabins along with access to an on-board chef. The announced upgrades are part of an effort to provide new luxury services to air travellers.
Beginning next summer passengers flying from New York City to Abu Dhabi will have new choices in luxury air travel. As announced in a 26th of July article posted on the Travel Pulse website, the upgrades are part of a commitment made by Etihad Airways to provide world-class services and luxuries to its customers.
Beginning 1 June 2017, Etihad Airways will replace its Boeing 777-300ER plane with its A380 aircraft flying from JFK Airport in New York City to Abu Dhabi International. With a change in planes come considerable upgrades in service to passengers. The A380 includes a three-room suite called “The Residence”, the only suite of its kind designed for commercial airlines. According to the company’s own website this type of suite includes room for up to two people with a living room, bedroom and an en-suite with a shower. The suite also includes a 32-inch television, a travel concierge, chauffeur, plus private check-in and a lounge.
Along with “The Residence”, the aircraft will also offer a total of nine First Apartment cabins and 70 Business Studios on its upper deck, as well as a staffed bar, sofas and snacks in the plane’s lobby. The main deck of the plane is dedicated to more than 400 Economy Smart Seats.
According to a statement by Etihad Airways CEO Peter Baumgartner:
“Our commitment to our guests has always been to be the very best airline in the world by totally reimagining the travel experience and delivering the highest levels of comfort, luxury and world-class hospitality at every point in their travel journey- on the ground and in the air- across all classes of service.”
As its capital, Abu Dhabi is the second most populated city in the UAE, a mecca for travellers drawn to its soaring skyscrapers, luxurious resorts, sleek malls and its culturally diverse blend of sites and attractions.
Etihad Airways first launched service from New York to Abu Dhabi about ten years ago, joining dozens of other major cities around the globe. As the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways is also regarded as one of the world’s fastest growing airlines.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay in pure paradise at a beautiful 25-acre property, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
- Adults Only All Inclusive
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa
- Relax and unwind upon paradisiacal beaches
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...