Etihad Airways upgrades service from New York to Abu Dhabi
Passengers of Etihad Airways will enjoy upgraded service from New York to Abu Dhabi starting next summer. Plans include offering certain passengers multi-suite rooms and cabins along with access to an on-board chef. The announced upgrades are part of an effort to provide new luxury services to air travellers.
Beginning next summer passengers flying from New York City to Abu Dhabi will have new choices in luxury air travel. As announced in a 26th of July article posted on the Travel Pulse website, the upgrades are part of a commitment made by Etihad Airways to provide world-class services and luxuries to its customers.
Beginning 1 June 2017, Etihad Airways will replace its Boeing 777-300ER plane with its A380 aircraft flying from JFK Airport in New York City to Abu Dhabi International. With a change in planes come considerable upgrades in service to passengers. The A380 includes a three-room suite called “The Residence”, the only suite of its kind designed for commercial airlines. According to the company’s own website this type of suite includes room for up to two people with a living room, bedroom and an en-suite with a shower. The suite also includes a 32-inch television, a travel concierge, chauffeur, plus private check-in and a lounge.
Along with “The Residence”, the aircraft will also offer a total of nine First Apartment cabins and 70 Business Studios on its upper deck, as well as a staffed bar, sofas and snacks in the plane’s lobby. The main deck of the plane is dedicated to more than 400 Economy Smart Seats.
According to a statement by Etihad Airways CEO Peter Baumgartner:
“Our commitment to our guests has always been to be the very best airline in the world by totally reimagining the travel experience and delivering the highest levels of comfort, luxury and world-class hospitality at every point in their travel journey- on the ground and in the air- across all classes of service.”
As its capital, Abu Dhabi is the second most populated city in the UAE, a mecca for travellers drawn to its soaring skyscrapers, luxurious resorts, sleek malls and its culturally diverse blend of sites and attractions.
Etihad Airways first launched service from New York to Abu Dhabi about ten years ago, joining dozens of other major cities around the globe. As the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways is also regarded as one of the world’s fastest growing airlines.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...