Air Europa launches new flights between Madrid and Varadero
Air Europa has announced the launch of new flights from Madrid in Spain to Varadero in Cuba. The airline will operate flights on an Airbus 330-200 from its Madrid hub to the coastal town on the Caribbean island until 25th August. The new twice-weekly route will join the airline's daily flight to Cuba's capital city Havana, and will help connect travellers from other European and domestic destinations.
Air Europa has launched a new route between Madrid in Spain and Varadero in Cuba. The Spanish airline will operate a service to the popular coastal town twice a week until 25th August.
The new flight will be operated on an Airbus 330-200, and it will open up connections to Cuba for travellers coming from other Spanish or European destinations. The new route will join the airline’s daily service to Cuba’s historic capital city, Havana.
Varadero will be added Air Europa’s network of tropical destinations, and the airline currently offers direct services to Havana, Santo Domingo, San Juan de Puerto Rico, Cancun and Punta Cana in the Caribbean; Caracas, Lima, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Salvador de Bahia, Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires in South America; and Miami and New York in the United States. The carrier will also launch a new flight to Guayaquil in Ecuador and Cordoba in Argentina lain December this year. Last month, Air Europa launched a new daily service to Bogota in Colombia on-board the luxury Dreamliner aircraft.
Varadero is a popular holiday destination on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of Cuba, with more than 21 kilometres of picturesque coastline and white sandy, palm-fringed beaches. The resort town is a hotspot for families, couples and groups, and it has a collection of beachfront all-inclusive hotels, golf courses, and attractions for all ages.
Varadero Beach, also known as the “Blue Beach”, is a leading place for holidaymakers due to it warm, calm azure sea, and it is a great place to pick up some authentic handicrafts from beach vendors. Popular tourist spots in Varadero include the Bellamar Caves that have been open to the public since the 1860s; Delfinario, a dolphin show where visitors can swim with the beautiful creatures; and Parque Josone where tourists can wander around the botanical gardens, ride camels, or sit with a picnic and watch the colourful parrots and flamingos. Varadero town is a great place to wander around the open air markets or dine at gourmet restaurants.
Another airline that will be launching new flights to Varadero is Virgin Atlantic, with a service from London Gatwick that will commence in April, 2017. The air carrier will offer an all-year-round weekly service to the Cuban destination. Virgin currently operates twice weekly flights to Havana, enabling holidaymakers to now have the choice of a relaxing beach escape or vibrant city break in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...