Air Europa launches new flights between Madrid and Varadero
Air Europa has announced the launch of new flights from Madrid in Spain to Varadero in Cuba. The airline will operate flights on an Airbus 330-200 from its Madrid hub to the coastal town on the Caribbean island until 25th August. The new twice-weekly route will join the airline's daily flight to Cuba's capital city Havana, and will help connect travellers from other European and domestic destinations.
Air Europa has launched a new route between Madrid in Spain and Varadero in Cuba. The Spanish airline will operate a service to the popular coastal town twice a week until 25th August.
The new flight will be operated on an Airbus 330-200, and it will open up connections to Cuba for travellers coming from other Spanish or European destinations. The new route will join the airline’s daily service to Cuba’s historic capital city, Havana.
Varadero will be added Air Europa’s network of tropical destinations, and the airline currently offers direct services to Havana, Santo Domingo, San Juan de Puerto Rico, Cancun and Punta Cana in the Caribbean; Caracas, Lima, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Salvador de Bahia, Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires in South America; and Miami and New York in the United States. The carrier will also launch a new flight to Guayaquil in Ecuador and Cordoba in Argentina lain December this year. Last month, Air Europa launched a new daily service to Bogota in Colombia on-board the luxury Dreamliner aircraft.
Varadero is a popular holiday destination on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of Cuba, with more than 21 kilometres of picturesque coastline and white sandy, palm-fringed beaches. The resort town is a hotspot for families, couples and groups, and it has a collection of beachfront all-inclusive hotels, golf courses, and attractions for all ages.
Varadero Beach, also known as the “Blue Beach”, is a leading place for holidaymakers due to it warm, calm azure sea, and it is a great place to pick up some authentic handicrafts from beach vendors. Popular tourist spots in Varadero include the Bellamar Caves that have been open to the public since the 1860s; Delfinario, a dolphin show where visitors can swim with the beautiful creatures; and Parque Josone where tourists can wander around the botanical gardens, ride camels, or sit with a picnic and watch the colourful parrots and flamingos. Varadero town is a great place to wander around the open air markets or dine at gourmet restaurants.
Another airline that will be launching new flights to Varadero is Virgin Atlantic, with a service from London Gatwick that will commence in April, 2017. The air carrier will offer an all-year-round weekly service to the Cuban destination. Virgin currently operates twice weekly flights to Havana, enabling holidaymakers to now have the choice of a relaxing beach escape or vibrant city break in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...