Air Europa launches new flights between Madrid and Varadero
Air Europa has announced the launch of new flights from Madrid in Spain to Varadero in Cuba. The airline will operate flights on an Airbus 330-200 from its Madrid hub to the coastal town on the Caribbean island until 25th August. The new twice-weekly route will join the airline's daily flight to Cuba's capital city Havana, and will help connect travellers from other European and domestic destinations.
Air Europa has launched a new route between Madrid in Spain and Varadero in Cuba. The Spanish airline will operate a service to the popular coastal town twice a week until 25th August.
The new flight will be operated on an Airbus 330-200, and it will open up connections to Cuba for travellers coming from other Spanish or European destinations. The new route will join the airline’s daily service to Cuba’s historic capital city, Havana.
Varadero will be added Air Europa’s network of tropical destinations, and the airline currently offers direct services to Havana, Santo Domingo, San Juan de Puerto Rico, Cancun and Punta Cana in the Caribbean; Caracas, Lima, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Salvador de Bahia, Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires in South America; and Miami and New York in the United States. The carrier will also launch a new flight to Guayaquil in Ecuador and Cordoba in Argentina lain December this year. Last month, Air Europa launched a new daily service to Bogota in Colombia on-board the luxury Dreamliner aircraft.
Varadero is a popular holiday destination on the Hicacos Peninsula on the north coast of Cuba, with more than 21 kilometres of picturesque coastline and white sandy, palm-fringed beaches. The resort town is a hotspot for families, couples and groups, and it has a collection of beachfront all-inclusive hotels, golf courses, and attractions for all ages.
Varadero Beach, also known as the “Blue Beach”, is a leading place for holidaymakers due to it warm, calm azure sea, and it is a great place to pick up some authentic handicrafts from beach vendors. Popular tourist spots in Varadero include the Bellamar Caves that have been open to the public since the 1860s; Delfinario, a dolphin show where visitors can swim with the beautiful creatures; and Parque Josone where tourists can wander around the botanical gardens, ride camels, or sit with a picnic and watch the colourful parrots and flamingos. Varadero town is a great place to wander around the open air markets or dine at gourmet restaurants.
Another airline that will be launching new flights to Varadero is Virgin Atlantic, with a service from London Gatwick that will commence in April, 2017. The air carrier will offer an all-year-round weekly service to the Cuban destination. Virgin currently operates twice weekly flights to Havana, enabling holidaymakers to now have the choice of a relaxing beach escape or vibrant city break in Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...