Joint efforts to manage the new Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island
Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts has announced it will manage the resort on the island of Desroches in the Seychelles. In an agreement with Desroches Island Developments, the global hotel group will manage the beautiful island's only resort, and will reopen it as Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island in 2017, with 40 beach suites and 11 private residence villas.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts has formed a partnership with Desroches Island Developments to manage a resort on an island in the Seychelles. The hotel group will manage the only resort on the island of Desroches, and it will reopen in 2017.
The hotel will be called Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island, and it will have 40 beach suites and 11 private residence villas. The luxury suites will have direct access to a white sandy beach, as well as private plunge pools, lush gardens, and furnished outdoor living spaces.
Ali Albwardy, the Chairman of Desroches Island Developments commented:
“Bringing Four Seasons to an outer island is a culmination of my own dreams, as well as a great legacy and accolade to the Islands Development Company, who are entrusted with preserving and promoting this piece of paradise. We look forward to many years of sunshine and success as we partner with the IDC to create something magical on an already magnificent island.”
During their stay at the tropical resort, guests will have access to two beachfront gourmet restaurants, a lounge bar, and a lavish spa with six treatment suites and a menu of pampering treatments, plus fitness and wellness classes. There are plenty of activities to take part in including snorkelling or scuba diving in the surrounding reefs, fishing, sailing, cycling around trails in the island’s forests, and hiking through coconut palms. The resort also has a Marine Conservation Discovery Centre and Giant Tortoise Sanctuary so nature-loving guests can learn about the protected species and the underwater environment.
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island is located within the Amirantes Islands in the Seychelles in the Indian Ocean, and can be reached via a 35-minute flight from the capital Mahe. Desroches Island has 14 kilometres of unspoilt white sandy stretches fringed by coconut palm trees and crystal-clear waters that are home to diverse marine species.
The new resort will join Four Seasons’ second resort in the country, Four Seasons Resort Seychelles on Mahe Island. As well as network of upscale hotels in major cities across the world, the global company has a collection of luxury resorts on islands in the Maldives, Mauritius, Koh Samui, Hawaii, Bali, Langkawi, Nevis and Bora Bora.
Desroches Island Developments Limited is the owner and developer for the Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island. Desroches Island is one of 14 islands that is owned by Islands Development Company Ltd under a 99-year lease with the Government of the Seychelles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Enjoy the exquisit food an amazing service to match at doubletree by hilton seychelles allamanda resort and spa
- Take advantage of fantastic watersports on offer including canoeing, snorkelling and scuba diving
- Relax in a private whirlpool or indulge in treatments at the spa
- Enjoy daily Creole afternoon tea and romantic candlelit dinners on the beach
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
This landmark hotel, recently refurbished is undoubtedly a connoisseurs choice. Tucked away in a private estate of lush...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...