Joint efforts to manage the new Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island
Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts has announced it will manage the resort on the island of Desroches in the Seychelles. In an agreement with Desroches Island Developments, the global hotel group will manage the beautiful island's only resort, and will reopen it as Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island in 2017, with 40 beach suites and 11 private residence villas.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts has formed a partnership with Desroches Island Developments to manage a resort on an island in the Seychelles. The hotel group will manage the only resort on the island of Desroches, and it will reopen in 2017.
The hotel will be called Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island, and it will have 40 beach suites and 11 private residence villas. The luxury suites will have direct access to a white sandy beach, as well as private plunge pools, lush gardens, and furnished outdoor living spaces.
Ali Albwardy, the Chairman of Desroches Island Developments commented:
“Bringing Four Seasons to an outer island is a culmination of my own dreams, as well as a great legacy and accolade to the Islands Development Company, who are entrusted with preserving and promoting this piece of paradise. We look forward to many years of sunshine and success as we partner with the IDC to create something magical on an already magnificent island.”
During their stay at the tropical resort, guests will have access to two beachfront gourmet restaurants, a lounge bar, and a lavish spa with six treatment suites and a menu of pampering treatments, plus fitness and wellness classes. There are plenty of activities to take part in including snorkelling or scuba diving in the surrounding reefs, fishing, sailing, cycling around trails in the island’s forests, and hiking through coconut palms. The resort also has a Marine Conservation Discovery Centre and Giant Tortoise Sanctuary so nature-loving guests can learn about the protected species and the underwater environment.
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island is located within the Amirantes Islands in the Seychelles in the Indian Ocean, and can be reached via a 35-minute flight from the capital Mahe. Desroches Island has 14 kilometres of unspoilt white sandy stretches fringed by coconut palm trees and crystal-clear waters that are home to diverse marine species.
The new resort will join Four Seasons’ second resort in the country, Four Seasons Resort Seychelles on Mahe Island. As well as network of upscale hotels in major cities across the world, the global company has a collection of luxury resorts on islands in the Maldives, Mauritius, Koh Samui, Hawaii, Bali, Langkawi, Nevis and Bora Bora.
Desroches Island Developments Limited is the owner and developer for the Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island. Desroches Island is one of 14 islands that is owned by Islands Development Company Ltd under a 99-year lease with the Government of the Seychelles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...