Adventurous canadian photographer captures mesmerizing images of Mexico and Ecuador
Carrying his entire life in a 21-foot travel trailer, Canadian photographer Benoit Paille decided to live life "off the grid" three years ago and explore the world with no strings attached. After visiting Mexico and Ecuador, the artist recently revealed some of the amazing and uncanny pictures he took. Exuberating colours and subtle ironies are his trademark.
On the road in his mobile home for three years now, Benoit Paille is an atypical artist, a conscience agitator and a creative genius who is monstrously curious, absent and edgy. This Canadian photographer decided to put aside the luxuries and comforts of his regular day-to-day life in order to explore the world, capture singular moments and sceneries and display them to the public from his individual perspective.
Cultivating a predilection for casual people and locations, kitsch landscapes, fences and strange car parks, Paille is always seeking the unexpected and the unseen. What does he take on his quest? Travelling in his 21-foot camper, the artist takes strictly minimal resources: he obtains energy from a solar panel and carries his most important tools: a camera, a flash drive and coloured gels. Paille jokes that indeed his most luxurious possession is his toaster.
This time, the photographer’s most recent adventures took place in two beautiful Latin American countries, Mexico and Ecuador. With his usual manner of transmuting natural terrains through vivid colours, he portrayed popular destinations like Quintana Roo in Mexico in a completely different light. In each picture of his trip the use of neon pinks, greens and blues become a special kind of signature, a fingerprint evidencing his own existence. His unconventional shoots show the contrast between the wonders of natural beauty and the disruption caused by industrial development.
In Paille’s own words:
“Everybody can shoot a beautiful scenery or sunset, but I’d rather be a pataphysician, (…) apply myself to think about what others don’t. I often see myself like a hyper realist painter, my pictures documenting an altered state of mind.”
In each shot an ironic undertone lets us see a subtle yet harsh critique of today’s society. He denounces the corruption of nature through this blend of natural sites including dazzling beaches, impressive fields and exotic fauna with human touches that transform these blissful sites into synthetic, artificial, marketable destinations filled with terrible pollution and contamination.
This work is the latest project Paille has been developing. Fans of his creations can also observe prior photographs filled with imagination and electricity, like the album “Rainbow Gathering in Quebec” shot in 2015 or “The Kitsch Destruction of Our World”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...