Adventurous canadian photographer captures mesmerizing images of Mexico and Ecuador
Carrying his entire life in a 21-foot travel trailer, Canadian photographer Benoit Paille decided to live life "off the grid" three years ago and explore the world with no strings attached. After visiting Mexico and Ecuador, the artist recently revealed some of the amazing and uncanny pictures he took. Exuberating colours and subtle ironies are his trademark.
On the road in his mobile home for three years now, Benoit Paille is an atypical artist, a conscience agitator and a creative genius who is monstrously curious, absent and edgy. This Canadian photographer decided to put aside the luxuries and comforts of his regular day-to-day life in order to explore the world, capture singular moments and sceneries and display them to the public from his individual perspective.
Cultivating a predilection for casual people and locations, kitsch landscapes, fences and strange car parks, Paille is always seeking the unexpected and the unseen. What does he take on his quest? Travelling in his 21-foot camper, the artist takes strictly minimal resources: he obtains energy from a solar panel and carries his most important tools: a camera, a flash drive and coloured gels. Paille jokes that indeed his most luxurious possession is his toaster.
This time, the photographer’s most recent adventures took place in two beautiful Latin American countries, Mexico and Ecuador. With his usual manner of transmuting natural terrains through vivid colours, he portrayed popular destinations like Quintana Roo in Mexico in a completely different light. In each picture of his trip the use of neon pinks, greens and blues become a special kind of signature, a fingerprint evidencing his own existence. His unconventional shoots show the contrast between the wonders of natural beauty and the disruption caused by industrial development.
In Paille’s own words:
“Everybody can shoot a beautiful scenery or sunset, but I’d rather be a pataphysician, (…) apply myself to think about what others don’t. I often see myself like a hyper realist painter, my pictures documenting an altered state of mind.”
In each shot an ironic undertone lets us see a subtle yet harsh critique of today’s society. He denounces the corruption of nature through this blend of natural sites including dazzling beaches, impressive fields and exotic fauna with human touches that transform these blissful sites into synthetic, artificial, marketable destinations filled with terrible pollution and contamination.
This work is the latest project Paille has been developing. Fans of his creations can also observe prior photographs filled with imagination and electricity, like the album “Rainbow Gathering in Quebec” shot in 2015 or “The Kitsch Destruction of Our World”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...