W Hotels Worldwide Open a New Resort in the Mexican Riviera Nayarit
A new lavish resort in Mexico, property of W Hotels Worldwide, just opened its doors to guests. Set on the blissful golden-sand beaches of the Riviera Nayarit, the W Punta de Mita blends in harmoniously with its surroundings and features 119 lush villas, varied gastronomic options and a soothing spa. This new addition to W hotel chain is the second of its kind in Mexico and the fifth in Latin America.
Filled with stunning wildlife and blessed with a dazzling coastline, Mexico’s Riviera Nayarit has recently become favourite among holiday destinations for travellers all around the globe.
As the location’s popularity grows, W Hotels Worldwide announces the opening of the W Punta de Mita, a luxurious resort with wonderful amenities set amidst astounding nature. This resort’s location is a treat in itself. Comprising almost 200 miles of coastline, the Riviera Nayarit is famous for its spectacular beaches, as well as several great surfing locations, like San Blas and Sayulita. San Blas is also one of the best birding locations in Mexico, as well as a naval port dating to 1531. History is also an interesting aspect in the region, which comprises such notable sites as the archaeological zone of the Alta Vista.
The hotel chain’s new property is an eco-friendly construction designed carefully to not only respect the surroundings but also integrate the Riviera’s natural features into the decor. Fig and copper-wood trees as well as streams and springs are all part of the W Punta de Mita’s beautiful ambiance. Furthermore, most rooms face a natural water mirror and the lush spa features a small crystal-clear lagoon.
The zone’s cultural and historical significance were also taken into account. The venue’s designers were profoundly inspired by social and spiritual elements of the Riviera Nayarit, celebrating the native Huichol culture as well as Mexican roots and tradition in every loving detail.
Set within in Los Veneros, a multi-use establishment comprising exclusive apartments and residences, the W Punta de Mita comprises 119 ample villas and an Extreme WOW Suite (presidential suite). All accommodations boast elegant décor with unique Mexican-style touches and are complete with patios or balconies, bathrooms with Bliss amenities and signature W beds with ingenious headboards in the form of surfboards or embossed metal.
In addition, the hotel offers a varied range of cuisines and eateries to choose from like the charming Venazu restaurant. With a laid-back ambiance and breath-taking views of the sea from the terrace, this dining venue is open 24/7 and serves delectable Mexican dishes inspired in traditional street food like the lobster tacos, Huitlacoche risotto and deer cooked in avocado leaves.
Other facilities include 3 meeting rooms with 240 square metres of space, a modern FIT gym with state-of-the-art equipment and open spaces to hold special celebrations, weddings or intimate dinners, under the exclusive supervision of Whatever/Whenever and W Insider services.
W Hotels Worldwide, part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide hotel chain, marks its expansion in the region with the new W Punta de Mita, the second W hotel in Mexico and the fifth in Latin America, joining W Mexico City, W Santiago in Chile, W Vieques Island in Puerto Rico and W Bogota, in Colombia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...