NIZUC Resort and Spa offers free boat trips to underwater museum in Cancun
NIZUC Resort and Spa in Cancun is offering guests the chance to visit the unique underwater museum during their stay by providing free boat trips to the MUSA (Museo Subacuatico de Arte). Holidaymakers will be able to discover the gallery that sits on the ocean bed and features life-size figures created by British artist Jason deCaires Taylor, and Mexican artists including Karen Salinas Martinez.
Holidaymakers visiting the NIZUC Resort & Spa will have the chance to see the famous underwater MUSA ("Museo Subacuatico de Arte") during their stay. The luxury resort is offering free boat trips to the museum that sits on the ocean floor.
The underwater gallery near Cancun in Mexico boasts the works of British and Mexican artists, Jason deCaires Taylor, Karen Salinas Martinez, Roberto Diaz Abraham and Elier Amado Dil, and features life-size figures that live on the coral reef. The boat trip to Punta Nizuc will take place every Thursday at midday, and is perfect for guests who want to snorkel and explore the unique museum.
Guests can also book the NIZUC at Sea excursion for an afternoon on the water with their own onboard chef, butler, and full team of staff. The 56-foot-long catamaran can accommodate up to six passengers, and will take them to scuba diving sites in deeper waters, or trips along the Riviera Maya.
Created by British artist Jason deCaires Taylor, MUSA is the world's largest underwater sculpture museum. Located off the coast of Cancun, it is home to 500 extraordinary limestone sculptures that reflect the local Mayan people and culture. The museum is one of the largest artificial reef attractions in the world and since its opening in 2009, the site has attracted thousands of tourists who have visited for scuba diving and snorkelling adventures, and has become the home of a variety of marine species.
Jason deCaires Taylor is a renowned sculptor, scuba diver, underwater photographer and conservationist, and he has created several underwater museums around the world to lure divers away from natural coral reefs in popular scuba diving destinations so they can be replenished.
NIZUC Resort & Spa is located on 29 acres of beachfront land close to Punta Nizuc, the ancient ground for Mayan astronomers. The luxury resort has spacious ocean, garden and residential suites and villas that boast terraces or patios, and modern amenities including Nespresso machines, freestanding hot tubs, rainfall showers, minibars, Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations, and L’Occitane products.
Facilities include a 30,000-square-foot ESPA facility with pampering treatments, two beaches, two onsite tennis courts, separate adults and kids’ swimming pools, and six gourmet restaurants serving international cuisine. Located just 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport, NIZUC Resort & Spa is positioned close to archaeological sites and areas of natural beauty including the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...