NIZUC Resort and Spa offers free boat trips to underwater museum in Cancun
NIZUC Resort and Spa in Cancun is offering guests the chance to visit the unique underwater museum during their stay by providing free boat trips to the MUSA (Museo Subacuatico de Arte). Holidaymakers will be able to discover the gallery that sits on the ocean bed and features life-size figures created by British artist Jason deCaires Taylor, and Mexican artists including Karen Salinas Martinez.
Holidaymakers visiting the NIZUC Resort & Spa will have the chance to see the famous underwater MUSA ("Museo Subacuatico de Arte") during their stay. The luxury resort is offering free boat trips to the museum that sits on the ocean floor.
The underwater gallery near Cancun in Mexico boasts the works of British and Mexican artists, Jason deCaires Taylor, Karen Salinas Martinez, Roberto Diaz Abraham and Elier Amado Dil, and features life-size figures that live on the coral reef. The boat trip to Punta Nizuc will take place every Thursday at midday, and is perfect for guests who want to snorkel and explore the unique museum.
Guests can also book the NIZUC at Sea excursion for an afternoon on the water with their own onboard chef, butler, and full team of staff. The 56-foot-long catamaran can accommodate up to six passengers, and will take them to scuba diving sites in deeper waters, or trips along the Riviera Maya.
Created by British artist Jason deCaires Taylor, MUSA is the world's largest underwater sculpture museum. Located off the coast of Cancun, it is home to 500 extraordinary limestone sculptures that reflect the local Mayan people and culture. The museum is one of the largest artificial reef attractions in the world and since its opening in 2009, the site has attracted thousands of tourists who have visited for scuba diving and snorkelling adventures, and has become the home of a variety of marine species.
Jason deCaires Taylor is a renowned sculptor, scuba diver, underwater photographer and conservationist, and he has created several underwater museums around the world to lure divers away from natural coral reefs in popular scuba diving destinations so they can be replenished.
NIZUC Resort & Spa is located on 29 acres of beachfront land close to Punta Nizuc, the ancient ground for Mayan astronomers. The luxury resort has spacious ocean, garden and residential suites and villas that boast terraces or patios, and modern amenities including Nespresso machines, freestanding hot tubs, rainfall showers, minibars, Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations, and L’Occitane products.
Facilities include a 30,000-square-foot ESPA facility with pampering treatments, two beaches, two onsite tennis courts, separate adults and kids’ swimming pools, and six gourmet restaurants serving international cuisine. Located just 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport, NIZUC Resort & Spa is positioned close to archaeological sites and areas of natural beauty including the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Panama Jack Resorts Gran Caribe Cancun is a welcoming resort offering a touch of luxury with amazing service guaranteed
- Enjoy a great time in the Swimming Pools which include an Activity Pool, A Family Pool, Two Splash Pools with Slides and A Hot Tub
- Enjoy genuine authentic Mexican hospitality at the resort sure to make your holiday even more special and one that you will never forget
- Camp Jack is packed with cool activities and adventures like water sports, beach games, arts and crafts, and nightly shows. Mini Golf and Waterpark, complete with a pirate ship and medieval castle, allows the whole family to share some fun in the sun.
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...