OZEN by Atmosphere at Maadhoo resort and underwater restaurant to open in Maldives in July
Next month will see the opening of a brand new hotel in the Maldives that will feature its very own underwater restaurant. OZEN by Atmosphere at Maadhoo will open to the public in July, 2016, and guests can enjoy gourmet cuisine within a stunning setting where they can watch colourful marine species glide around them and they won't even have to get their feet wet.
The opening of the brand new OZEN by Atmosphere at Maadhoo in the Maldives next month will bring with the unveiling of the first underwater restaurant in the Male atoll. Diners will be able to enjoy fine cuisine within a stunning underwater setting. Scheduled to open on 15th July, 2016, the new resort says its M6m restaurant “showcases stunning underwater views whilst dining on exceptionally masterful seafood specialty dishes”.
Without even having to get wet, guests can watch colourful marine creatures glide around them in turquoise waters, while savouring a delicious menu as part of the hotel’s all-inclusive plan that includes champagnes, cocktails, and international culinary dishes.
For those who want to get even closer to the beautiful sea creatures, the onsite Atmosphere Aqua Club, PADI Certified Dive School offers a team of multilingual water sports professionals who can teach guests how to scuba dive and snorkel, and explore the beautiful underwater world of the Indiana Ocean.
The five-star resort is located 35 minutes by speedboat from Male International Airport, and its chic design and contemporary style has been influenced by Maadhoo island’s beautiful natural landscapes. Each of OZEN’s 41 Beach-front villas and 49 over-water villas overlook the expansive sapphire lagoon and the sparkling sea, and most of the villas feature private eight-metre-long swimming pools with fibre-optic mood lighting.
The Atmosphere Indulgence concept includes all food and beverages, a range of activities, and pampering spa treatments at the resort’s Elena Spa. The spa has over-water treatment rooms where guests can unwind with rejuvenating massages, body wraps, facials and more. The hotel boasts five diverse dining experiences: The Palms with international cuisine, the M6m underwater restaurant, and the poolside dining outlet at Joie de Vivre Sports & Recreation Centre.
Guests can work out in the modern fitness centre in Joie de VIVRE or enjoy classes and sports activities, and little ones can take part in a wide range of fun activities at the supervised OZEN Kids Club.
Owned by Atmosphere Hotels and Resorts, OZEN at Maadhoo will be group’s flagship luxury resort. The hotel company opened Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives in December 2013, and OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli in November, 2015, before launching its luxury OZEN brand this year.
The very first underwater restaurant to open in the world was the Ithaa Undersea Restaurant at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, which is located 16 feet below sea level.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- free room upgrade to the next category
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Let all concerns leave your mind while you spend 8 days of peace and relaxation at the Royal Island hotel in the...