Qatar Airways Announces Plans to Launch Flights to Chiang Mai in Thailand in December
Qatar Airways has announced plans to expand its services to Chiang Mai Airport in Thailand by the end of this year. The Middle Eastern airline will launch five new weekly services between Doha in Qatar and Chiang Mai via Yangon in Myanmar on 16th December, 2016, which will add to the existing regular services it currently operates to Bangkok and Phuket.
Qatar Airways is making plans to operate new flights between Doha and Chiang Mai in Thailand by the end of 2016. The airline announced it will ass five new weekly services to the airport on 16th December, 2016. The Middle Eastern airline currently operates flights to Bangkok and Phuket in Thailand, and on 6th December, it will also launch a new service to Krabi.
Marwan Koleilat, a Senior Vice President for Qatar Airways, stated:
"We have seen increased travel demand for our services to Thailand and now with the introduction of our award-winning product to popular secondary cities such as Chiang Mai and Krabi, we provide overseas visitors and tour operators with greater flexibility and ease of travel when designing their Thailand holiday itineraries."
With the addition of the flights to the two new Thai destinations in December, the total of the air carrier’s weekly services between Doha and Thailand will increase to 48 from 39.
Established in 1993, Qatar Airways is headquartered in the capital Doha, and is the country’s national airline. Its modern fleet of aircraft operates flights to multiple destinations and major cities across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and The Americas.
Passengers on the new service to Chiang Mai will travel on A330-200 aircraft.
Located in the north of Thailand, Chiang Mai is a large city within mountainous terrain that is rich in heritage and culture. One of the main reasons travellers flock to this region is to visit the ancient temples and sites including the Wat Chedi Laung, the 14th-century Wat Phra Singh, and the Wat Phra That Doi Suthrep which is one of the most sacred sites in Thailand.
Animal-lovers can head to the Chiang Mai Zoo for a night safari, or visit the Elephant Nature Park, which offers a rehabilitation programme for rescued elephants within a natural habitat. The Doi Suthep-Poi National Park is home to cascading waterfalls, dense forests, jagged peaks, and winding hiking trails, which is perfect for walkers, climbers and nature enthusiasts.
Every year, Chiang Mai hosts the three-day flower festival with a parade of floats made out of beautiful, vibrant flowers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...