Qatar Airways Announces Plans to Launch Flights to Chiang Mai in Thailand in December
Qatar Airways has announced plans to expand its services to Chiang Mai Airport in Thailand by the end of this year. The Middle Eastern airline will launch five new weekly services between Doha in Qatar and Chiang Mai via Yangon in Myanmar on 16th December, 2016, which will add to the existing regular services it currently operates to Bangkok and Phuket.
Qatar Airways is making plans to operate new flights between Doha and Chiang Mai in Thailand by the end of 2016. The airline announced it will ass five new weekly services to the airport on 16th December, 2016. The Middle Eastern airline currently operates flights to Bangkok and Phuket in Thailand, and on 6th December, it will also launch a new service to Krabi.
Marwan Koleilat, a Senior Vice President for Qatar Airways, stated:
"We have seen increased travel demand for our services to Thailand and now with the introduction of our award-winning product to popular secondary cities such as Chiang Mai and Krabi, we provide overseas visitors and tour operators with greater flexibility and ease of travel when designing their Thailand holiday itineraries."
With the addition of the flights to the two new Thai destinations in December, the total of the air carrier’s weekly services between Doha and Thailand will increase to 48 from 39.
Established in 1993, Qatar Airways is headquartered in the capital Doha, and is the country’s national airline. Its modern fleet of aircraft operates flights to multiple destinations and major cities across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and The Americas.
Passengers on the new service to Chiang Mai will travel on A330-200 aircraft.
Located in the north of Thailand, Chiang Mai is a large city within mountainous terrain that is rich in heritage and culture. One of the main reasons travellers flock to this region is to visit the ancient temples and sites including the Wat Chedi Laung, the 14th-century Wat Phra Singh, and the Wat Phra That Doi Suthrep which is one of the most sacred sites in Thailand.
Animal-lovers can head to the Chiang Mai Zoo for a night safari, or visit the Elephant Nature Park, which offers a rehabilitation programme for rescued elephants within a natural habitat. The Doi Suthep-Poi National Park is home to cascading waterfalls, dense forests, jagged peaks, and winding hiking trails, which is perfect for walkers, climbers and nature enthusiasts.
Every year, Chiang Mai hosts the three-day flower festival with a parade of floats made out of beautiful, vibrant flowers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...