Ground-breaking ceremony held for Sandals Barbados
Sandals Resort International has held an official ground-breaking ceremony at Sandals Barbados. The "Phase II" expansion of the Dover Beach property in Barbados is expected to be completed in November, 2017, and will include 222 new rooms, five new restaurants, a new spa and wellness sanctuary, three swimming pools, an entertainment pavilion with bowling alley, and conference facilities.
A ground-breaking ceremony has been held at Sandals Barbados as part of its multi-million dollar expansion programme. The hotel on Dover Beach is expected to become the largest Sandals resort in the Eastern Caribbean when completed. Sandals Resorts International recently held an official ceremony which was led by the company’s chairman Gordon ‘Butch’ Stewart, and the chief executive, Adam Stewart.
The “Phase II” expansion project is scheduled for completion in November, 2017, and will add accommodation and facilities to the existing 280-room beachfront hotel. Ricard Sealy, the Minister of Tourism for Barbados also attended the ground-breaking ceremony where he helped turn the soil and applauded Sandals’ contribution to the country’s tourism industry. He commented:
“In 2015 we welcomed 591,000 visitors to Barbados which was a new record and at least 20,000 of those were Sandals guests, so indeed we have seen the positive impact of Sandals...”
The project includes the construction of 222 new guest rooms and suites, five new restaurants serving international cuisine, a new spa and wellness sanctuary, three swimming pools, an entertainment pavilion with a bowling alley, and a state of the art conference and meeting facility spanning 10,500 square feet with capacity for 550 people.
Sandals Barbados currently has luxury accommodation in three categories: Ocean Village, Crystal Lagoon Village and Caribbean Village, and options include butler suites and swim-up river suites. The resort boasts upscale facilities including a modern fitness centre, an amphitheatre that overlooks the white sand beach, and the exclusive Red Lane Spa with six treatment rooms.
The resort is located on ten acres of tropical land on the site of the former Couples Resort in St Lawrence. It officially opened as Sandals Barbados in November, 2013 and in 2014, it underwent a major renovation project and reopened in January, 2015. Sandals Resorts International owns and operates all-inclusive luxury hotels and resorts across the Caribbean in tropical island destinations including St Lucia, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, Antigua, Grenada, and The Bahamas.
During their stay at Sandals Barbados, guess can visit Harrison’s Cave, watch horses race at Garrison Savannah Racetrack, or go to the historic towns of Bridgetown, Holetown and Speightstown for shopping and cultural tours.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale now on with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap on Dover Beach in Barbados' southern coast where plenty of restaurant, shops and bars are available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- Save up to 50% off with the May FLASH SALE
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Take a step back from day-to-day life and submerge in the peace and tranquillity that can be found at the fantastic...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...